Blog Studio

Blog Studio

by ShopPad Inc.

The brilliant drag-and-drop way to tell your story

Triple Mountain Model Horses

I originally gave this four stars after putting together one article (which was tricky and a bit buggy), but once I saw the result on our site, I was not pleased. Different fonts and colors appeared in the post on our site than were showing in the app window. Headings that showed in the app as all in caps were not when seen in Shopify. The app is also still limited and needs improvement - We need to be able to add back in any of the blocks that are available... If you delete a block, you can't re-add it. It also needs some more flexibility, and hitting the backspace in the wrong place shouldn't back you out of the article in progress without saving it!
I did contact support and quickly received a request to access my store to work on it. They reported it fixed, but when I previewed the article on Shopify, nothing had changed.

This could turn into a decent app in the future, but currently it looks like they're trying to get people to pay for an incomplete app that should still be in free beta, for all its bugs and limitations. I am deleting it while it's still in free trial mode. If they make significant improvements in the future, I may be willing to try it again, and if it's better, I will edit this review.

dindinaturals.com.au

cant resize images in blog posts. Fonts and spacing in preview mode is not what you get when blogs are published.
Not worth it.

Hipland

This app works well, when it works. I've found it pretty buggy to be honest. I publish a lot of blogs and it's not the most efficient app. Font sizes change on their own all the time. Sometimes the website theme setting are imported, sometimes not. It's annoying because you have to go back and change things. No auto save!!! Annoying if something happens! Also, a feature that would be awesome would be scheduling. Currently there is no way to publish posts at a specific time. This would be super helpful. As for as apps go, i find i really pricey for the quality.

Alivia Wild

Hey
Great idea, but unfortunately I had spent alot of time (and made sure I frequently saved) but every time I would back out of the hidden article, it would tell me I was in legacy mode (even though all of my branding font etc was present) and I needed to upgrade the article. It then duplicates the content and updates it with the correct styling, though it deleted alot of the duplicated content. Luckily I did save all of my text but I would suggest fixing it and letting customers know if the store so that I know. I attempted to publish but that did not solve the issue.

1sttheworld

The app is unstable, first I have to use another browser to enter to my account AFTER I can't add any posts, second my post is disappear after I made it. I'm really NOT happy with this. Please fix the App. :((

Nourka

Its an OK app - not worth the hype and the communication is so slow. They are NEVER available to chat and take forever to answer emails. Use another blog app if you can :)

Miss Fit Skinny Tea

I like the concept and an app like this is definitely something that Shopify really needs. However, for me I found it quite tedious to use in terms of image sizing and the way an image moves the whole way down a page as you write. I don't like that there's no draft function or autosave. I lost an entire section because I was trying to learn as I used. I was all for this when I saw it, but I'm afraid I will be removing the app.

Culture Ticket

It has some potential but it is useless at this moment. Crashes all the time, works slow etc.. Very frustrating.

Natures Healing Crystals

Mediocre Software - Might pay 14.95 as a one time fee for the software, but $14.95 a month..... no freaking way. These people need to wake up charging these hefty monthly fees are apps that do little to nothing at all. I could do the same thing this app does in any word processing app and copy the code over, yet I am expected to pay more monthly than the entire MS Office suite cost per month, not to mention I get 8-10 fully functional apps with MS OFFICE. Don't waste your money on this software. By the numbers that $179.00 per year, $895 dollars in 5 years. Just to be able to publish a blog post with pictures. Good Lord...

Callirrhoe Jewellery

Not great. Found it very difficult to figure out how to use it, even after reading the instructions. Lots of bugs. At one point I was unable to scroll up to adjust fonts or alignment and lost everything I had worked on. Just not easy to use at all. I would say a video demonstration would go a long way to helping the user. It's annoying that as soon as you add a text block it fills with Lorem Ipsum text. It's annoying that the editor spans beyond what you can see. Just...lots and lots of annoying things that need changing.