BlogFeeder ‑ Blog Importer

BlogFeeder ‑ Blog Importer

by ShopStorm

Your store & blog on the same site = better conversions & SEO!

Make My Lemonade

We used BlogFeeder to import ~800 posts from our old Wordpress site. Pretty neat. The support was good (thanks Daniel !) and accomodating.

Tips if you have a whole Wordpress to import with many posts : during the validation of the feed, the app will most likely fall in timeout, due to Wordpress' duration of the RSS feed generation. To counter that, display the RSS feed in your browser, save it as a text file, upload it as a media on your Wordpress site and paste this new URL to the app. Will work like a breeze.

EagleLeather

I was having trouble importing my blogs from my current website to Shopify. Shopify recommended BlogFeeder. I was struggling at first, but their support gave me the information needed to get my blogs imported. Also for email support it was quick, I had a response in just a couple hours.

Aeliya Marine Tech Private Limited

was very good to see the result. I am happy to give five star to the products. loved it very well. I am glad

The Bead Gallery Honolulu

Did not import correctly and continued to state that my wordpress site had summary when I have full text. buggy. Just retried and now it will only import a handful of the blogs. DO NOT TRUST THIS APP. Spend money elsewhere

Dutil Denim

Did everything it said it would do. Brought over all of my blog articles very quickly and easily, and allows me to make the Shopify articles canonical. I used it in conjunction with the "Excelify" app to push through a number of customizations, such as importing images, removing weird formatting issues (the result of Shopify not offering some of the same carousel/gallery features that wordpress does), and removing the "This article first appeared on [original blog url]" that the app appends to every article. The whole experience took a full day, which is much less than the 40 hours I had calculated it would take.

If you want to transfer your images from wordpress to Shopify, I would suggest downloading all of the images from WP into a file using an export app, uploading them into Shopify via their file manager, and then find + replacing the portion of the wordpress path with Shopify's path.

Nathan Hansen Games

It does exactly what is says on the tin, however I do wish it synchronized faster.

Rickshaw Journey

Here is the bottom line - my Alexa ranking on www.rickshawjourney.com went from 18,149,136 on August 1st to 3,101,067 as of today (August 27, 2019) BECAUSE of Blogfeeder and my ability to put my FB page blogs onto my shopify site. Does it have quirks? Yes, but those are Shopify related to how it does business and not BlogFeeder - now that I can add my blog content I am hopeful of two things: 1. Getting my ranking into the top 1 million and 2. Making money off my site ( 1 million would be nice)! Thank you, I am grateful.

One other point - now, it takes me about 1 minute or less to add a photo and do some tags after Blog Feeder adds the blog - it used to take me 10 minutes or more and that is why I quit and went to 18,149,136 - less than a minute is better than 10!

Bob, Rickshaw Journey (www.rickshawjourney.com)

Ink+Volt

Blogfeeder was pretty simple to use, and everything imported over cleanly. Their support was pretty great as well!

NOVEDGE

Very easy to use app - I was able to import all my blog posts from Typepad and WordPress within a few hours - support is very responsive and helpful

A Map to Anywhere

I imported about 150 blog posts with this app. It looked great until I published and I lost the images on all my posts. They said the only workaround is to migrate my old blog to a free host and re-do the entire thing. I think for me, I would have been better off just copying and pasting all my old blog posts.

Also, it took me about five different tries to get this review to submit with anything less than 4 stars.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 39 40