Auto Tag and Manage Customers
Manage customers by auto tagging based on their purchasing behaviour, geography and tastes. Use auto customer tags to segment them.
Customer tag Management
Our customer tag rules help you to Manage your Customers by grouping by tag, allowing you to segment and personalise your marketing.
Why Customer Tags?
Customer Tags can be used for Marketing Segmentation as well as by Wholesale Apps for custom pricing and restricted access.
About Customer Tagger
What do Customer Tags do?
Customer tagger allows you to set up rules to automatically tag customers if they meet the criteria set in the rule. Customer tags can then be used to group or segment for administrative tasks within Shopify, to display customer based pricing on the front-end of the site or to segment for marketing activities outside of Shopify.
Preset tagging rules
We have a wide variety of rules which allow you to apply customer tags to your database. Customer tags can then be used in a wide variety of ways:
- Tag by product - tagging customers based on the products they buy is best used for subscriptions. You can a customer tag such as 'Member' and then provide access to restricted areas of the site to those with the tag.
- Tag by collection - customer tagging based on the collections they buy from allows you to segment customers into groups. For example those who only buy from sale collections are highly likely to respond well and convert to emails about discounted products.
- Tag by spend - Tag customers based on either how much they spend in a particular order or their total lifetime spend. Highlight your most loyal customers and reward them for being big spenders.
- Tag by volume - Tag customers based on the number of times they have purchased something on the site.
- Tag by abandoned cart - Tag customers to attempt to buy something on your store and decide against. Tagging them allows you to highlight the 'hot leads' and aim to bring them back to the store and convert.
- Tag customer accounts - Automatically tag a customer when they open an account on your store. This can be used to reward customers with a discount code for signing up. You can assign a discount code to a group of customers tagged with something specific.
- Tag by discount code - Tag all the customers who use specific discount codes, this can then be used to analyse sales patterns and what customers respond well to sales.
- Tag by email - Tag customers who order from the same organisation, highlight customers who might be buying on behalf of their company by checking their email domain.
- Tag by product tag - Tag customers based on the product tags of the product they buy. For example you might have tagged all your products by size meaning you can quickly identify customers clothing sizes and promote specific SKU's to them in future marketing.
- Tag by POS Location - Tag your customers based on the POS location they order from. This will enable you to group your customers based on the store they prefer to shop at, allowing you to create location based promotions and marketing.
Pricing 7-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 15 reviews
Most recent reviews
I needed all customers who made purchases over a certain amount to be automatically tagged, and this app does the trick! I just set up the criteria I needed and it's been running smoothly in the background ever since!
Just installed this app a few days ago, had a few issues due to the size of my SKU count and the number of collections but Sam and the Union Pixel team were very helpful and accommodating! App works great and its even better now that they can help retroactively tag past orders. This is one of the most important apps you'll need if you want to easily start segmenting your customers in various different groups. Highly recommend!
True Grit Texture Supply
Customer Tagger is a great App. Very easy to use with no unnecessary complexities. There's a tonne of preset rules to apply and the customer service should you have a question is outstanding.