Use Excelify.io when Shopify's bulk import feature isn't enough
Excelify.io makes it easy to manage a store with thousands of products, eliminating the manual work that it would
Extend Shopify's capabilities of manipulating your store contents through exporting and importing data files,
allowing for bulk updates and automatically importing product Collections that you put together in your Excel
Excelify.io offers additional import/export capabilities that Shopify doesn't, like updating handles, importing
secondary mailing addresses, generating user activation URLs and more. To see all of the field options,
download Excel template file.
Bulk update selected fields, without overwriting others
Update product data, such as price, variants, images, metafields, and any other field, while keeping the product ID,
related manual collections, and other details the same (with Shopify CSV you have to list all the fields even if you
just need to change one, imports will overwrite the product and assign a new product ID, meaning any custom
collections with that product will be distorted and will have to be manually corrected).
Here are some bulk updates you can implement with Excelify.io:
Upload several collections at once
Bypass manual data entry for new collections. Build your collections in an Excel file, import through Excelify.io,
and you're done!
Here are some of the things you can do with Excelify.io:
- Change all fields that are related to a product or collection; image sources, metadata, and even template
- Define rules for Smart Collections in your import file (that correspond with your set rules)
- Bulk update existing Collections by importing new columns or values
- Assign products to manual collections.
Migrate to Shopify without losing customer data
Easily migrate to Shopify without losing any product and customer data. Excelify.io ensures data migration for:
- Product information (including all variants)
- Customer data
- Discount codes that are already live
We offer custom support for our Enterprise Plan:
- We will prepare a properly-structured Excel import file from your previous store's data file
- Personal assistance throughout the migration process
- Ensure all important data is migrated, for complete data migration
- We supply an FTP account to bulk upload images, to make them available as a URL, one of Shopify's bulk upload
Create custom Business Intelligence reports
Export order data to build custom BI reports in Excel spreadsheets from a variety of fields, such as: sales, customers, shipments, discounts, refunds, shipping origins, fraud analysis, search keywords by sold items, campaign details from UTM parameters, etc. Watch the video here.
Gain insights such as:
- What are the best selling products by month
- Which marketing campaigns generate the most sales
- Which search keywords generate the most sales
- Identify best performing products
Work with Excel rather than CSV
Excel files are inherently easier to deal with than CSV files, which are used by Shopify's built-in import/export
Here are some problems you solve by using Excel:
- Special language characters remain intact
- Multi-line fields (such as Product Description) are correctly imported, and will not split into several
columns or rows by accident
- Use quotation marks freely - avoid formatting errors that commonly occur with quotations in CSV
- Avoid “Comma, semicolon, or tab?” delimiter confusion - the Excel table takes care of that automatically
is already a table
- Practically unlimited import file size - upload up to 300,000 products at once, compared to the CSV limit of
5,000-10,000 upload limit
- No need to “Save As” Excel files to CSV
- Leave your Excel formulas alone - no need to convert formulas to values when importing.
After importing your Excel file with Excelify.io, we provide detailed feedback:
- Which fields are new, updated or failed
- Any errors that occurred during the import can be clearly identified by downloading the import results file,
where the cause of the error is indicated in the corresponding item row.
You're in control with Excelify.io - know what's going on with your store data after you click "Import"
Excelify.io shows you exactly what's happening:
- Progress tracking
- Estimated time until completion
- Cancel at any time (for example, if you see that the updated information is not what you wanted).
Other ways to use Excelify.io
For full capabilities and available data columns,
read our Detailed Column
Nov 15, 2017: Warning about failed image import
If Shopify will not be able to import all Product images, app will issue warning about that in Import Results file "Import Comment" column.
Nov 14, 2017: Variant position import to reorder variants
Product variant reordering can now be done by changing "Variant Position" number and importing that column in as update.
Nov 11, 2017: Base rows/columns filled in export
When exporting, all the base rows like Title, Vendor, Tags, etc.
are filled also for duplicated rows, so that you can filter and group them easier in Excel.
Nov 10, 2017: Metafields import
Speed: Metafields import speed doesn't depend on Metafield count anymore. Even for 100 Metafields per item, it will import as quickly as with no Metafields.
Delete: You can delete Metafields for items just by clearing values in that Metafield column, and importing.
Set type: Metafield can have "string" or "integer" type, which is now auto-detected from Excel cell type, and set correctly when you do the import.
Read: New Metafields features
Nov 5, 2017: Import speed dramatically improved
Now the app is choosing the optimal import strategy, depending on your current store size and Excel file contents.
Read: How to maximize Shopify bulk import speed?
Oct 30, 2017: Import several product images from a single row
To import or update several images for a product, put them all in the same row of “Image Src” column, separated by ; (semicolon).
View tutorial: How to import several product images from one row?
Oct 26, 2017: Order Export
Order Export is now in Beta testing - export unlimited Order data to create custom sales reports, check fulfillment, and generate additional business intelligence data for your store.