Sell VAT-free to non-EU countries and show prices including or excluding VAT according to customer's location.
Conduct EU B2B transactions
Validate EU VAT IDs in real-time and automatically deduct VAT for customers with valid IDs.
EU tax law compliance
Show prices including VAT in your shop for EU but still be able to sell VAT-free to non-EU customers.
Make your shop fit for the Euro Zone!
Exemptify helps you to increase sales by making your shop compliant with EU VAT regulations and allowing you to conduct proper EU B2B transactions by validating EU VAT IDs.
How does it work?
EU companies are allowed to sell products to other EU companies without charging them VAT. This regulation is called reverse-charge mechanism. In order to be able to issue VAT-exempt invoices, customer and merchant need to have valid EU VAT Ids. It is the merchant's responsibility to validate their customers' VAT Ids in order to benefit from this regulation. Exemptify completely automates this process by checking the validity of the customers' VAT Ids using the official EU (VIES) database. The Id is then stored in your customer database and VAT is automatically deducted from future orders of the customer. For reporting purposes the Id is added as a note to each order. Exemptify also helps you to make your shop compliant with EU law by including the VAT in the price displayed to your customers while still allowing you to sell VAT-free to non-EU customers. Price text and validation error messages are fully customizable and localizable. Exemptify now also allows you to show prices excluding VAT for non-EU customers and including VAT for EU customers.
Is it difficult to set up?
No. You need to
- Enter your own VAT Id
- Enter your VAT rate
- Copy two code snippets to your theme # Features
- Pattern checking of your customer's VAT Ids
- Online validation of VAT IDs through the EU VAT service of the EU
- Make price display EU-law compliant
- Deduct VAT automatically for customers with VAT ID
- Download CSV reports of EU VAT ID orders
- Fully localizable price texts and error messages
- NEW! now comes with a Geolocation database that allows you to display prices without VAT for non-EU customers
How reliable is your infrastructure?
All our Apps are now hosted on Amazon EC2 high-availability elastic cloud servers and constantly monitored.
- Free lifetime updates
- Exemptify automatically fixes the price display for many different themes. If it doesn't work with your theme, we will make it work for free. # Also works with Shopify Buy Button!
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 5-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 17 reviews
Most recent reviews
Exemptify is a great app.
It has great features such as geolocation to detect EU and non-EU customers and display relevant price.
Support is very dynamic and professional.
I strongly recommend!
I just enable Exemptify in my www.imperfectsmile.com webstore, for selling easily both in Europe and United States, where different rules about VAT and other taxes apply. It would have been impossible to manage these differences without the help of an app as Exemptify. What's more, I needed some special intervention on my theme and the service was surprisingly quick! I suggest Exemptify to everyone who needs to deal with different taxes in different countries.
Replicaparts Co Uk
At www.replicaparts.co.uk we trade with restoration companies throughout the world.
The features we needed included:
- Understand which counties are exempt from VAT
- Zero rates taxes as required
- Enables easy vat/eu registration number validation
- Good value
Exemptify allows us to manage EU VAT in Shopify.