Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with language and currency recommendations

ANDREA CASTRO COUTURE

I am in colombia. I have my ecommerce in spanish and my currency is COP. I need to give the option to the customer the language in english too an the prices in USD. What I need to do?

San Poncho

The wording on the pop-up and banner is confusing and you can't change it. It has what appears to be the correct currency pre-selected and then the confirmation button the customer is supposed to click is labelled 'Change'. Customers think that if they hit 'Change', it will change AWAY from their preferred currency and instead opt to 'X' out of the pop up prior to confirming the proper one. Customers have no idea that the Currency showing in the selector needs to be confirmed otherwise it will go to default. 80% of my sales since installing has been in the wrong currency. It would be a lot better if you could improve the customization of the pop-up or banner to allow merchants to label their buttons and the wording in a less confusing way. Instead of "Looks like you're shopping inside of Canada" and show CAD next to the word 'Change', simple say "Choose your currency" next to the selector and the word 'Select' or 'Confirm' etc.

February 17, 2021

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Geolocation! This is extremely valuable feedback, and we agree - we are in the middle of looking at optimizations we can make here, stay tuned!

Victor De Rossa

It used to work early 2020 but it stopped working for quite a while already (pop up with the language/currency selector doesn't appear anymore), many many months ago in fact. If there is an update or a fix I'll rate it higher.

February 16, 2021

Hi there Victor, if you're browsing your store from your home country and default language, then a recommendation won't be shown. If your customers from other countries are not seeing your recommendation however, our support team would be happy to take a look.

Virginia Stone®

Thank you so much for helping me with this issue, I appreciate it greatly! Simply doesn't work...it removed my $ and USD on product pages. It doesn't convert either to other currencies. Now my customers just see a confusing number and have no idea what currency it is... I would love to get help with this, thank you so much for offering! I have been trying to get assistance for weeks now. My platform is virginiastone.myshopify.com

February 16, 2021

Hi Virginia, thanks for reaching out to us with your review. It was a pleasure to work with you on getting your currency formatting fixed!

Holistic Nutrition

I tried this app and it wouldn't change currency to the other currency i have enabled in my payment settings, it shows the other currency in options but doesn't display the prices in PK rupees. It doesn't perform as advertised.

February 5, 2021

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear you faced this trouble! Our support team would be happy to take a look - the app is designed to work with any currency you have enabled in your payments settings.

Amperstand

Doesn't work, asked to add store location and currency, though there was nowhere to do so, i guess I'll find another app....

January 29, 2021

Hi there! Sorry the setup was not as you expected. Geolocation uses the currencies and languages you have setup in Shopify to offer recommendations to your buyers. This ensures a consistent experience from your storefront all the way through to checkout.

You can offer currencies under Settings --> Payments, and then click "Manage" next to Shopify Payments. Languages are in Settings --> Languages. Once you have set these up, Geolocation will leverage them automatically.

Black Alice Lingerie

We'd prefer you implemented this on the Liquid and/or JavaScript SDK side rather than having yet another app that doesn't match store's look&feel and impacts page load time :(

January 7, 2021

Hi there, thanks for your review! We do plan on releasing the relevant documentation on how to do this so if you'd like, you can build your own implementation of Geolocation yourself - stay tuned.

TABMBAT™️

I installed this app into my store then went to my website. I only saw 2-3 words translated. I am not sure how that is supposed to help. I quickly uninstalled this app.

January 4, 2021

Hi there, thanks for your review. The Geolocation app does not translate your content for you, but helps buyers switch between different languages you have made available on your site. To get started selling in multiple languages, take a look here (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/cross-border/multilingual-online-store), and then use the Geolocation app to make recommendations once you have published additional languages!

TOPDOG Beauty

I use this app to rate my webstore. now i need to fix my prices and tax and check outs so pls help me out

iPlayBass, LLC

Do not download. The selectors only show at footer (where nobody looks) and the recommended language popup is partially hidden on mobile so customers cant see it.

January 4, 2021

Hi there, thanks for your review. The Geolocation app is mobile optimized - our theme support team would be happy to take a look at the issue you were experiencing to see why it was only partially appearing on mobile.

We are investigating future changes to allow the selectors to be in the header as well.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11