Geolocation

Geolocation | Reviews

by Shopify

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

Gaia Orion Shop

I love the idea of the geolocation app but it has two major issues that confuse my customers:
1. The pop up is in English so French customers (for example) who do not speak English have no idea what that pop up is about and miss out on the opportunity to see my shop in Euros.
2. The currency switcher is impossible to find: at the bottom of the the home page, and only on the home page. It makes no sense, people will start wonderign about their currency once they are on product pages. How can we expect them to go back to the bottom of the home page to switch their currency. I would definitely re-install geolocation app if:
1. Especially if the currency switcher was visible at the top of the shop. 2. Additionally, it woudl be great if the pop up adapted its language to the location of the customers

December 3, 2021

Hi there, thanks for your feedback! Please feel free to contact us about how your customers are not seeing the pop up in their local language - this should not be happening. Provided you have French enabled as a language within your France market, even when visitors land on your English domain, the popup should appear in French.

Because Geolocation does not add any code into your theme, it's not possible for us to reliably place the selectors in the header of your page. You can continue to use the pop up recommendation, and have selectors built into your theme header directly: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-support-multiple-currencies

HEM STITCH

It says select your first country and location, I have already selected it but it doesn't work , Poor Service.

December 3, 2021

Hi there, can you please elaborate for us? You need to enable countries/regions in your Shopify Payments settings first.

Bicycle Booth

Geolocation goes hand in hand with Shopify Markets. However, Shopify Markets is beta and isn't very efficient in performing and redirecting customers to their respective currency. It keeps bouncing back to default currency of store as customers shops from home page to collection page to products all the way to checkout. You also cant disable Shopify Markets to by pass this issue and pretty much stuck with the issue at the mercy of Shopify Devs until they fix it. Our store worked seamlessly when we were using a third party app to show various different currencies and redirection. The geolocation app also doesn't give you much option to pick the placement of the currency selector. You have left, right and centre, but the selector is all the way at the bottom of the website where no customer goes. Request was made to move the selector to either the menu or a floater to make it more visible but request was denied. These issues are costing us lots of $$ from international customers and you cant even disable them or use other apps to resolve it. Sucks to be a Plus member at the moment paying 2000$ a month with such glitchy features which are in beta. We also tried the pop up method where it asks customer if they would like to go to their local country website. However that pop up would not show up until 5 mins later. Shopify plus support team member told us to hire an expert dev to speed up website and it should fix the issue, we did that and the issue continues to remain. Thats one way of flushing 500$ down the toilet. Hope they fix these glitches asap.

December 3, 2021

Hi there, I am confident this is a setup issue that we can help you with. Please send us an email at cross-border-support@shopify.com and I'll be happy to help.

GABYKA

Non serve proprio a nulla, l'ho installata e non ho capito a cosa serve. In negozio nessuna utilita'.

Cryptogram

I really like how the app works and detects where my customers are from. It integrates with the theme very well and detects the colors automatically. BUT, for me there is one thing that is missing. I can't change the text in the pop-up. My company sells services so we don't actually ship anything, but the pop-up says we do ship to a couple of countries, so this is confusing to our customers.

NEIGHBORHOOD ONLINE STORE

What is it in console ? Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'DOMWindow': The target origin provided ('https://geolocation-recommendations.shopifycloud.com') does not match the recipient window's origin ('https://*******').

December 3, 2021

Hi there, thanks for sending this through - we have fixed this issue and you should no longer see it happening.

Body Massager

Google found this app as malicious software and suspended our ads, do not use. We are trying to fix the problem but really not worth it. Please send me an email(sales@bodymassager.com.au), I am happy to provide you with an email from google. I couldn't find your email address. Thanks.

October 25, 2021

Can you please provide us with some more details here via our support team? Geolocation is used on thousands of stores and this is the first time we have had such a report. We'd really appreciate more information! Thanks.

K Everyday

How do we use Shopify's native multi-currency solution so customers can check out in their local currency?

October 21, 2021

Hi there, please follow these steps: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency/setup

MC-CASES® Onlineshop - Excellent Customized Cases

Makes loading website very slowly, following console errors shows always up: script.js?shop=......myshopify.com:3 Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'DOMWindow': The target origin provided ('https://geolocation-recommendations.shopifycloud.com') does not match the recipient window's origin ('https://...').

La Miséto

For some reason, the popup doesn't appear on my site, is there a way i can fix this issue? Or can you help me with that?

October 12, 2021

The app will only provide a pop up recommendation when a customer is visiting from another country that you have enabled in your payments settings. If you are visiting from your home country, there is nothing to recommend since you are in the default location. When I browse from the United States for example, the pop up is working as expected: https://screenshot.click/12-17-qnuit-ct0a8.png

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18