Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

Nuebar

I really really need the selector to be customisable more.
I need to be able to place it in my header and I need to be able to shorten it to display just currency code, ie: AUD, USD None of my US customers are finding the selector when they don't use the pop-up. It's incredibly frustrating.
Please at the very least, have a shortcode I can install in the header for currency switching.

gm.nitai

I am very pleased with the support team. I experienced an issue but it was very promptly resolved with professionalism and encouragement

idasports.com

I cannot get this app to work. It tells me I need to set up countries/regions to use it, but these are greyed out? The help page does not help at all.

July 20, 2021

Hi there, thanks for your comments. Using the Geolocation app is supported for merchants using Shopify Payments - if you are unable to select multiple countries/regions or they are greyed out, it sounds as though you are using another gateway. If this isn't the case please feel free to reach out to us and we can help!

Modern Match Lingerie

I tried this app once and it wouldn't work properly. I deleted it and contacted my theme build to see if I could move the currency converter to a more prominent spot on my site. They directed me back to this app. I re-downloaded it and right away it said it can't support my store. I reached out to the support team and all you said was you were working on it. The ratings on this app speak for themselves. I would love a solution if there was one.

SEVENHEAVENS

A shopify in-house solution for currency conversion is despeartely needed but this app does not deliver. It needs to have the option for an auto-mode where it will simply update the currency based on user location. And then we can still offer a manual option on the website if needed. But shoving users a popup in their face as soon as their land is just not a very nice UX.

July 20, 2021

Hi there, changing currency based on IP is not something we do because it goes against search engine guidelines (including Google). Instead, we recommend you use automatic redirection between international domains, which will set the currency for your customers at the same time: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/domains/managing-domains/international-domains#switch-between-international-domains

Luxusbetten24

We were previously using the Geolocation app to show a higher price to users from Switzerland. A few days ago, we got a warning from Google Shopping, claiming that we are violating a policy by doing this. They disapproved a few items. We then proceeded to remove the Geolocation app from the Shopify store. After solving the issue we contacted google and asked to check it from their site. Here is the problem: Google is still seeing a different price whenever they access the site. How can we stop the price from being changed? What could the problem be?

July 20, 2021

Hi there - unfortunately the Geolocation app is not the source of your problem here. I would recommend speaking to the app or service that is providing your product feeds from Shopify to Google. If that is Shopify's Google Shopping channel, our support team can help you with this directly.

Mexican Corn Products

Glitches to app. The PopUp keeps popping up in the usa and won't allow me to click out. The pricing remains also remains Canadian currency and not USA dollars.

July 20, 2021

Hi there - this sounds very strange. Has our support team been able to help you with this? We would be happy to solve this for you.

Motivelt

Please make it so that the currency can be converted automatically based on the customers' location instead of having a popup that "recommends" to switch the currency. Most people just close the popup without reading and that reduces the conversion rate once they realize that the prices were in USD and not their own currency. Update: Apparently redirecting users like that goes against Google’s T&C so it’s not the developer’s fault. Changed the rating to 5 stars.

July 20, 2021

Hi there, currency is not changed automatically based on IP because it goes against Google and other search engine guidelines to change content in such a way. Instead, we recommend using automatic redirection between international domains, which will set your customers' local currency at the same time: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/domains/managing-domains/international-domains#switch-between-international-domains

Visual FX Pro

Shopify recently changing this app was a horrible decision. I sell digital products so the fact that it says 'Shipping to (country)' is not something for me, but there is no way to change the text or remove the pop-up? Horrible.

July 20, 2021

Hi there, thank you for this feedback. Indeed, this has been designed with physical products in mind at the moment, and we apologize this hasn't suited your needs. We are certainly looking at future improvements to help with more use cases.

ONDEDESIGNS

I just installed the app. The app does not show all shipping countries from the shop. How do I proceed?

July 20, 2021

Hi there - please ensure you have all your shipping countries enabled in payments settings under countries/regions as well. We are making improvements to this area so you do not have to set this twice.