Get better. And better.
Mechanic solves small problems and big ones, and it all adds up. Pull from our 150+ task library, request something new, or write your own.
Infinite use. One flat fee.
Add as many tasks as you need. Run them a million times. Do that again. Mechanic is here for your creativity, and we won't bill you more.
Excellence. All 'round.
We've been building Shopify apps for 10 years, and more than 5000 merchants love what we make and how we support them. Come see why. :)
Mechanic is designed to benefit everybody: merchants, customers, developers, agencies, Gurus, everybody.
That's why we make automation easy without code, why we make the underlying code easy to tweak, and why we're constantly sharing every automation task we make. We believe in creating the best world we can, and this is a part of it. :)
What is Mechanic?
For merchants, it's a way to solve problems without the headache of complex configuration. Use or request a task, receive a simple form that has only the options you need to change, and let it run. Never worry about usage charges.
For anyone who knows a little code, it's the infinite flexibility of Liquid scripting, without the headache of having to host your own app. This makes Mechanic an app platform of its own, for Shopify.
Learn more: click the "FAQ" link. :)
What's in the task library?
Every merchant problem we solve goes into our library. Here are a few highlights:
- Customer signup email
- Auto-tag new customers
- Hide out-of-stock products
- Auto-tag customers when they purchase a matching product
- Email customers when tagged
- Cancel and close unpaid orders after two days
- Publish back-in-stock products
- Email customers after purchasing a certain product
- Ask for reviews a week after order fulfillment
- Email customer when their order is paid
- Auto-invite customers after an order
- Remind customers daily about unpaid orders
- Auto-tag new orders based on payment method
- Auto-tag orders by product collections
- Email customers when their order is tagged
- Auto-fulfill items that don't require shipping
- Remind customers after 7 days about unpaid orders
- Email your customers after a quiet period of no orders
- Flag orders that aren't fulfilled after several days
- Auto-tag new orders
- Email someone when a certain product is purchased
- Remind customers that their order is on the way
- Auto-tag orders using the customer's tags
- Auto-copy notes from customers to their orders
- Send email when an order is tagged
- Send new customer signups to IFTTT
- Auto-tag products that are missing costs
- Auto-tag products that have a "compare at" price
- Fulfillment failure email
- Tag customers with product tags from their order
- Archive orders on delivery
- Bulk capture orders by order number
- Capture all authorized payments
- Email customers when created
- Tag products by their price ranges
- Abandoned cart emails
- Email a CSV export of products
- Keep inventory levels in sync within products
- Auto-tag customers based on email domain
- Send a PDF invoice when an order is created
- Auto-tag orders using product tags
- Delete cancelled orders after 48 hours
- Send follow-up emails after sending a draft order invoice
- Auto-generate SKUs
- Auto-tag customers by purchased SKUs
Pricing 15-day free trial
Suggested price for merchants using the Basic Shopify ($29/mo) plan.
Suggested price for merchants using the Shopify ($79/mo) plan.
Suggested price for merchants using the Advanced Shopify ($299/mo) plan.
Suggested price for merchants using Shopify Plus.
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 41 reviews
Most recent reviews
The automation this app provides is incredible and the app author is very responsive and helpful when you need new automation created. Highly recommended!
We've been using this app for months now. Mechanic allowed us to get rid of three other apps and best of all it works behind the scenes. No integration with our theme was required. Incredible tech support as well!
Hands down the best app I've used on Shopify. It has drastically increased our team efficiency and has allowed us to automate time-consuming manual tasks. The customer support is also A+. The programmers worked with me to create new tasks and fix any issues that occurred. Normally, this type of support and functionality would cost an arm and a leg. But, the price is reasonable to boot. I would recommend that every store use this app. I'm so happy I found it.