For developers and agencies.
Solve real problems and build reusable tools. Write tasks in Liquid; we’ll handle the GraphQL and REST APIs, the scaling, and the uptime.
Speed up your workflow with automation. Draw from our library of 280+ automations, and let your Shopify store start working the way you do.
The goal is never just another app. The goal is to work well, together. Mechanic is here for that. Less complexity and cost, better results.
Mechanic is a development and automation platform, for unlocking the full potential of Shopify.
Each business is unique. Apps can fill in the gaps, when Shopify itself falls short.
Mechanic is here for all those situations where an app doesn't exist, when developing an app would be too expensive, or (honestly) when you'd like to replace many of your existing apps with just one.
You're a merchant?
Excellent. :) Our library contains more than 280 automation tasks that you can plug into your store today. Feel free to experiment – your monthly subscription includes unlimited tasks, which you may run an unlimited number of times.
When you need something new, we've got a helpful community of developers in our Slack workspace, available for help and for hire. And because Mechanic tasks use Liquid, folks with any level of Shopify experience can get started quickly.
You can get started immediately with these tasks, and hundreds more, from our task library:
- Email customers when tagged
- Ask for reviews a week after order fulfillment
- Send a customer signup email
- Auto-tag customers when they purchase a matching product
- Hide out-of-stock products
- Auto-tag new customers
- Auto-invite customers after an order
- Auto-tag orders by product collections
- Auto-fulfill items that don't require shipping
You're a developer or agency?
Us too. :) We made Mechanic because too many merchant problems required spinning up an entire app. And scaling it. And monitoring it. And keeping the code healthy.
Now, any developer can (a) write some serverless code in Liquid, (b) allow merchants to configure it, using a UI that we automatically generate from your code, and (c) trust us to keep it running.
- Free Slack workspace to learn, to get help, and to find development opportunities with merchants in our community
- Rich documentation, hundreds of open-source tasks (everything in our library), and a YouTube channel of task development videos
- All of standard Liquid, with extensions for building complex objects, and a bunch of useful filters
- Receiving email, sending transactional email
- Reading from and writing to the Shopify API, via both REST and GraphQL
- Webhooks, for receiving data and triggering tasks; proper CORS support allows calling these from online storefronts
- Sending requests to external HTTP APIs
- Uploading files to external FTP/SFTP servers
- Caching data locally, within Mechanic, to be used during future task runs
- Generating PDFs from HTML
- Generating ZIP archives of PDF or text (e.g. CSV) files, to be uploaded or emailed
Much has been done; there is much to do.
Find out more inside the app, or by clicking "Developer website" on the right. Email us with questions. We're here for you. :)
Pricing 15-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD.
** Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.
Most recent reviews
Southern Exposure Seed Exchange - Wholesale
Best documentation and support for any app I use. their model is about helping us co-create the tools we need, which I think is much better than the "black box" some app creators seems to want to create.
I feel slighted because I can not give 10 stars.. If you have any engineering background and simply need to customize anything within Shopify, this is a MUST HAVE. Their slack channel is completed loaded with extremely professional developers who eat and drink the cool-aid that is MECHANIC!
This is a must have app if you are looking to automate the most repetitive and boring tasks in your store.
The support and community are amazing.
The only limit is your creativity.