Get better. Faster.
Mechanic solves small problems and big ones, and it all adds up. Pull from our 140+ task library, request something new, or write your own.
Infinite use. One flat fee.
Add as many tasks as you need. Run them a million times. Do that again. Mechanic is here for your creativity, and we won't bill you more.
Excellence. All 'round.
We've been building Shopify apps for 10 years, and more than 5000 merchants love what we build and how we support them. Come see why. :)
Mechanic is designed to benefit everybody: merchants, customers, developers, agencies, Gurus, everybody.
That's why we make automation easy without code, why we make the underlying code easy to tweak, and why we're constantly sharing every automation task we make. We believe in creating the best world we can, and this is a part of it. :)
What is Mechanic?
For merchants, it's a way to solve problems without the headache of complex configuration. Use or a request a task, receive a simple form that has only the options you need to change, and let it run. Never worry about usage charges.
For anyone who knows a little code, it's the infinite flexibility of Liquid scripting, without the headache of having to host your own app. This makes Mechanic an app platform of its own, for Shopify.
What's in the task library?
Every problem we solve for a merchant goes into our library. Here are a few highlights:
- Customer signup email
- Auto-tag new customers
- Hide out-of-stock products
- Auto-tag customers when they purchase a matching product
- Email customers when tagged
- Cancel and close unpaid orders after two days
- Publish back-in-stock products
- Email customers after purchasing a certain product
- Ask for reviews a week after order fulfillment
- Email customer when their order is paid
- Auto-invite customers after an order
- Remind customers daily about unpaid orders
- Auto-tag new orders based on payment method
- Auto-tag orders by product collections
- Email customers when their order is tagged
- Auto-fulfill items that don't require shipping
- Remind customers after 7 days about unpaid orders
- Email your customers after a quiet period of no orders
- Flag orders that aren't fulfilled after several days
- Auto-tag new orders
- Email someone when a certain product is purchased
- Remind customers that their order is on the way
- Auto-tag orders using the customer's tags
- Auto-copy notes from customers to their orders
- Send email when an order is tagged
- Send new customer signups to IFTTT
- Auto-tag products that are missing costs
- Auto-tag products that have a "compare at" price
- Fulfillment failure email
- Tag customers with product tags from their order
- Archive orders on delivery
- Bulk capture orders by order number
- Capture all authorized payments
- Email customers when created
- Tag products by their price ranges
- Abandoned cart emails
- Email a CSV export of products
- Keep inventory levels in sync within products
- Auto-tag customers based on email domain
- Send a PDF invoice when an order is created
- Auto-tag orders using product tags
- Delete cancelled orders after 48 hours
- Send follow-up emails after sending a draft order invoice
- Auto-generate SKUs
- Auto-tag customers by purchased SKUs
Pricing 15-day free trial
Available to merchants using the Basic Shopify ($29/mo) plan.
Available to merchants using the Shopify ($79/mo) plan.
Available to merchants using the Advanced Shopify ($299/mo) plan.
Available to merchants using Shopify Plus.
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 32 reviews
Most recent reviews
I'm really happy with this app so far. I am using it to do a bunch of different tasks. E.g. email customers about outstanding order payments. Send them email when an order is taking too long and so forth.
It's not saving me any money yet on my other apps as it doesn't quite do what they do. But hopefully it will in the future.
This app literally saved my business! Not only are the available functions currently available worth the cost alone, the fact you can build your own makes this worth every penny!
Also, Issac @ Lightward helped me tremendously by building the function I needed to add a limit on the amount of total orders received per calendar day. He openly worked with me to gather the requirements and make tweaks as needed, which I could not have done without his help! Plus...this function was added so that any users of Mechanic now has access to this feature as well!
Isaac from Mechanic has helped me out with 4 different applications now so I am very happy with how this works.. basically like having your own developer