OptinMonster Email Popups

Smart Exit Popup, Coupon Popup & Email Popup Builder!

$49/month. 30-day free trial.

Drink LMNT, INC.

Time spent using app About 2 years

We've found that OptinMonster is good for custom banners, and very easy to use for both technical and non-technical employees.

August 11, 2022

Thank you for sharing these kind words! We’re so glad you’re enjoying OptinMonster and finding it so easy to use 🙂.

We’re grateful to have the opportunity to grow with you and look forward to continuing to help you in every way we can!

Carex

Optinmonster has been the game changer we seek every year. The targeted discounts work so well for us. We use it to target abandoned product pages and carts with discounts and embed their forms for freebies, email signups, and more. The customizability and Klaviyo integration are super easy to use. We consider this a "must-have" in our marketing toolbox. Plus, the support team is great to work with and responds quickly.

August 11, 2022

Thanks for sharing your experience, Carex! We're honored to be part of your "must-have" marketing toolbox and on behalf of OptinMonster, we’d just like to say you're pretty great too - https://media.giphy.com/media/Y1M2JOQ7W79q5YhTp5/giphy.gif

🙂

Illustrate

Time spent using app Over 1 year

We have been using OptinMonster for a couple of years now for email retention and pop up campaigns. The campaigns are easy to set up and with split testing functionality it's great to try different copy and content. We had a slight issue with our billing being doubled with a shopify subscription for a few months, however OptinMonster spotted this and got in touch with us offering a full refund or credit with additional perks. Honest company with a great product, keep up the good work!

August 11, 2022

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the community. 😊 We're so glad you're finding success with OptinMonster, and we're grateful to have earned your support.

If we can help with anything else along the way, just let us know. We look forward to helping you in every way we can!

DearBBall™

Location France

The application does not work.
Customer service can't find a solution. I want to get a refund because it doesn't work but they refuse because the 15 days have passed. But paying for something that doesn't work must be refunded.

Christian Pure

Time spent using app Over 1 year

This app has gotten a number of negative reviews due to its poorly-done integration of a subscription option through Shopify. Here is a review of the actual product: I've been using OptinMonster since 2015 for various sites I have. They pioneered a lot of the techniques you see everywhere now, like "exit intent". OptinMonster is expensive(but they have good Black Friday deals), and I've tried many times to switch to a more affordable provider. But the other providers all force me to make compromises on the feature set, ease of integration, and user experience. The types to behavioral targeting you can do in OptinMonster is unmatched by any other tool. There is a big difference in product quality when you have an entire team dedicated to making the best opt-in forms, versus those forms just being one feature of many in an app like Klaviyo or Mailchimp. I can't speak on this $50/month subscription they offer through Shopify. That seems stupid. I bought a subscription from then in 2015 through their website. My recommendation is to buy from them during Black Friday when they are usually 30% off.

Bedtime Bliss

SCAMMERS! DO NOT USE THIS APP

This company will do ANYTHING to take your money.

BE WARNED - even if you uninstall this app from your Shopify Store, they will continue to charge you.

DO NOT USE! ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE THIS APP.

SCAM

S&K Greenhouse

This app is incredible! I have used it to make popups and floating bars which has helped me to get new leads and increase conversions. It is well designed and simple to use. I synced it to my Mailchimp account so all my leads flow into my email campaigns.
If you are paying for traffic to come to your website this app is a must-have. If you don't have a technology like this in place you are leaving money on the table. It has easily paid for itself just from the popup I use to distribute my coupons. Not to mention the sales I will make later on from the leads I have captured. 5 stars!!!

Ugritone

Location Finland
Time spent using app Over 1 year

Otherwise it's a good app but one notorius thing happened:

I added the app from shopify app store, and it does say 49$/month pricing. I approved and even got an e-mail from shopify about optinmonster saying: You‘ve approved a recurring charge for an app with a 30 day free trial. and it also states Charge amount $49.00 every 30 days.

STILL after 30 days without ANY warning or notification the 30 days trial ended and optinmonster stopped working. The account on optinmonster said that I don't have a plan selected and I should choose one.

I had to choose the one we had and update payment info directly from optinmonster site. But there's not 49$/month option. There's only an annual plans where you have to pay the whole year beforehand, and you cannot get a refund even if you choose to quit during that year.

Of course I did not pay around $500 at once so I chose a cheaper plan.

This feels like a scam, and ended up Optinmonster losing revenue, and of course we too since it took a while to get this figured out and we had to stop advertising etc. until it was solved.

January 3, 2020

I apologize for the billing issues that you have had. We are working diligently to get them resolved so that they do not happen again in the future.

Boom Boom Gadgets Deutschland

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

They were supposed to charged me $340 for the annual plan, and instead they made 2 charges on the account, 1 for $340 and another one for $588...found out about it 3 months later after auditing my transactions. - Update : The founder of the app got in touch with me after the review and apologized for the error. Issue was resolve and since then no issues. I actually really like the ap, has much advanced features than basic pop-up's and have been using it since then.

December 14, 2019

**12-17-2019 Update:** I've found your ticket from over the weekend and updated our reply. You've got a screenshot of the refund, and I've given you a lifetime custom account as a way to apologize for how we handled this. It was a genuine processing error, and we could have handled it better. We will next time.

**Update** I went in and found the extra payment and have issued a full refund for it. Again, so sorry this happened. We aren't thieves, unfortunately billing issues occur from time to time but we do our best to get them resolved quickly. I apologize that this slipped through the cracks!

I am so sorry that this happened to you! I assure you it wasn't our intention, and I'm happy to get this extra charge resolved. Did you reach out to our support team to let them know? Please email us and ask for Thomas (I'm the co-founder and president) and I'll make sure to get it taken care of for you!

- Thomas

ORGANIC 1 Co.

Time spent using app Over 1 year

Love this little app. Customer support is great too. I think it also has some other great features besides exit intent. Thank you!

Previous 1