Segment customers effortlessly
Get 15+ profit-driving customer segments with built-in data intelligence. Customize or build your own with purchase behavior, tags, and more
Drive additional revenue
Take action on revenue opportunities with timely recommendations to increase repeat purchases, CLV, and retention with prebuilt segments
One segment, all channels
Push & sync segments across email, Facebook, and Google with ease. Take control of your marketing data and analytics reporting
About Segments Analytics
Simple, intuitive, and actionable ecommerce analytics
Segments Analytics gives the modern brand immediate access to enterprise-grade analytics and insights. Savvy merchants know that generic metrics and email blasts are no longer sufficient in today's hyper-competitive marketplace. Created by former data scientists from Linkedin, Segments helps brands uncover hidden insights and take action to grow their business.
Stores with the most success on Segments have:
- 100+ orders per month
- 2,500+ total customers
- 50+ product SKUs
- 3+ months of order history
Stores should use Segments to:
- Deeply understand customers using key metrics like lifetime value, AOV, ARPU, AOPU, conversions, and churn rate across different historical date ranges
- Target customers lifecycle stages using dynamic time frame cutoffs for active, at risk, and churned customer states
- Segment customers automatically with RFM (Recency, Frequency, Monetary) framework and top revenue-generating use cases
- Build new segments by filtering on total spend, demographics, purchase behavior, product attributes, and customer tags
- Sync segments for omni-channel targeting, refreshed automatically
- Measure performance across all time periods, including monthly cohorts across 30, 60, 90, and 180 day periods
- Map the customer journey for different segments and buyer types to understand timing, products, and device usage
- Uncover upsell and cross-sell opportunities with product combos that increase repeat purchases and CLV
- Work with expert data scientists for analyses and recommendations
Unlike email marketing services, Segments is native to your core ecommerce data and acts as the decision engine for marketing and other objectives. Plug and play Segments with other email and messaging tools — there are no switching costs.
Agencies managing multiple stores use Segments to:
- Scale analytics and reporting using automated metrics, insights, and funnel analytics
- Save time and money on preparation, turning 5 hours into 5 minutes of compiling comprehensive reports
- Grow their services with advanced data science, from RFM segmentation to beautiful visuals of product combos
Additional benefits and features:
- Integration with email service providers (Klaviyo, Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign) to show campaign performance including open and click rates
- Weekly report of funnel analytics across acquisition, activation, retention, and churn
- Export to Facebook custom audience with CLV for easy lookalike campaigns
- Save $$$ on email by suppressing low value and inactive user profiles
- Great replacement for various tools like Google Analytics, Data Studio, Glew, Conversific, Kissmetrics, Mixpanel, Metrilo, ReSci, Retention Grid, OrderMetrics
- Facebook Audience,
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 14-day free trial
External charges may apply. These charges are billed by the external provider and won’t appear on your Shopify invoice.
Free to install
Always available, always free. Get 30 days of customer insights and performance metrics; only upgrade when needed.
30 days of data analysis
50 customers per export
30+ metrics including AOV, CLV
Automated segmentation, advanced analytics, and filtering & syncing up to 5,000 customers per segment
Everything in Free +
1 year of data analysis
5,000 customers per export
2 staff accounts
Customer filtering & analytics
Everything in Small Business + more historical data, more exports limit, and product analytics
2 years of data analysis
25,000 customers per export
5 staff accounts
Customer filtering & analytics
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 17 reviews
Most recent reviews
Highly recommend - we’ve tried several different analytical apps - this is the first one that gives you recap flexibility to break down the customer and product data into the segments we need to target. With the capability to feed into klaviyo and Facebook this is a powerful tool.
Blush and Bar
Data analysis way too complicated and time consuming. Enter [segments] where reports, metrics, visualizations, and integrations (that one would expect from enterprise solutions) but at a fraction of the price. Interface is quite intuitive, features actionable/key insights and easy to navigate for beginners. John is nothing short of amazing in terms of support and platform / feature set evolution. [Segments] by far, is the best in class and a must have to grow your business.
Animals Matter, Inc.
We have increased sales 45% for the month, compared to the same month last year, just from applying the recommendations Segments provides!
I can only imagine, as I gain a deeper understanding of our data analytics and the opportunities Segments reveals, the impact this app will continue to have on our company.
From the first order to loyal customers to churned customers, etc., you will see the areas that should be addressed and the opportunities you are missing. John Chao, cofounder of Segments is a data science expert of 15 years, math and stats wiz and cares about bringing big data to the small business.
We decided on the Enterprise plan and couldn’t be happier! Good Luck to you and your business and I highly recommend you give this app a full commitment for 30 days, to see what it can do for you!!
Thank you so much for the glowing review! We’re so glad you were able to increase sales and thanks for making us be part of your journey. What you said about “commitment” really struck a chord — we love to help but store operators need to commit and want to improve by putting in the work to understand their customers as well. We won’t stop working for you!