Rewind Backups

Rewind Backups | Reviews

by Rewind

Automated Store Backups. Easily Undo, Recover, and Restore.

Instee Store

I have restored plenty of time, but nothing happened, and the customer service always not there to help.

September 8, 2021

Hi There,

We have noticed that you posted this review on the same day you installed Rewind Backups. It is not possible to restore to a point in time before Rewind was installed.

When you install Rewind, we start to save versions of your data. At any point in the future, you can go back to one of our saved versions. Unfortunately, you can not go back further than your install date.

We hope our coverage is helpful to you moving forward,
Maura Woodman
Product Manager, Rewind

H&T-Jewellery-Store-UAT

App used to work and it has stopped working. We are back and forth with customer service for the last 1 week and no luck. What is the point of paying an expensive fee and the dev team doesn't have a clue?

August 20, 2021

Hey there!

I've been following the progress on your current ticket and although we are working to resolve the issue - it seems like you might have meant to post this review for our sister app: Rewind Copy - not rewind Backups.

Rest assured we are in the process of working to uncover the issue with copying your blogs on that application and I want to assure you of our company guarantee that if we cannot resolve the problem for you (which is pretty rare) that we're happy to refund you in full for the inconvenience.

I want to thank you for your patience in this matter while we attempt to resolve the issue you're experiencing with Rewind Copy.

-Kaleigh de Palézieux
Head of Customer Support

APEX RC

UTTERLY USELESS.. HOW CAN A BACKUP NOT BACKUP INVENTORY COUNTS...TOTALLY USLESS. I can't believe they don't backup inventory counts

August 16, 2021

Hello, I’m Kaleigh - head of customer support here at Rewind. I wanted to reach out and make sure you understood that we completely empathize with your frustrations here, as they're frustrations we've felt ourselves.

Our backups rely on webhooks or little digital notifications from Shopify to us regarding items that have changed so that we can make a new record of it. When it comes to inventory - Shopify’s API currently does not consider a sale to be a change associated with a product. Which means that when you sell something, we are not notified of the inventory update as a ‘change’ to your product.

When a product is restored to an earlier version - we can keep the inventory exactly as it is in the present moment (because we can see it), but when a product is DELETED, we have no record of the inventory changes, so we set the inventory at 0.

Although we do backup your product images, title, description, tags, price and variants I want to apologize that inventory not being included in this this wasn’t clear, and assure you that it’s always top of mind for us in conversations with Shopify about the API.

Given the level of disappointment I’d really appreciate having a conversation with you about it and what we can do to help assure you of our commitment to backing up your store data as much as we possibly can.

Please feel free to email me at help@rewind.com so I can help resolve any lingering concerns you have about the process and again apologize for the misunderstanding.

-Kaleigh de Palézieux
Head of Customer Support

Bounce Color®

Expensive overage charges introduced without permission or notification. Lost a long term paying customer and a lot of trust.

May 3, 2021

Hi there. We're sorry you've lost trust in us.

Rewind plans are based on order volume, and we only charge overages when a customer consistently and significantly exceeds their allotted orders.

We do not do this without permission (as a matter of fact, Shopify requires us to have permission before permitting us to issue an overage charge). We ask for explicit permission from customers at sign up.

Because it can be hard to remember sign up steps, we also send an overage notification email to the store owner in advance of a charge. This email serves as a heads up, a reminder, and an opportunity to change to a more suitable plan.

All that said, we have many plans available with various coverage levels. We'd be pleased to work with you to find a suitable plan for Bounce Color moving forward.

Stay Motovated

I have a new store, but the 7 day free trial is only available for the 39/month option. 3/month and 9/month options are for some unknown reason not available. I am not sure why am I "not eligible" since I don't any orders, which is less than 20 order limit for the lowest package... Looks like a nice trick to pretend to be an affordable app.
Also, chat support is a robot that keeps asking for email. This is not a chat support, it's an email support.
Red flags for me, I will not pay for this app.

February 19, 2021

Hello! I'm Kaleigh from Rewind support - I want to clarify that we have a 7 day free trial for every plan, regardless of tier and that if you were only offered the $39 plan then that's something support can assist with.

I'd love to have a conversation with you about your plan needs and get you on the plan that's the right fit for you. Give us a shout at help@rewind.com and we'll make sure you wind up on the most appropriate plan for your business AND get the free 7 day trial.

Ladies buy Leigh

I took the app in good faith.... Be aware that it does not back up everything as said... It does not back up Oberlo (at least) so any issues like i have just experienced will wipe out your store... For anyone thinkingg of getting this app or you have it already, be aware of this problem and check what you need before installing it.... Its flawed

October 15, 2020

Ladies buy Leigh,

I am sorry you've experienced issues with your store recently. There are many things that can go wrong when selling online. At Rewind, we are committed to protecting against as many types of data loss as we possibly can.

Unfortunately, due to technical limitations, we cannot backup and restore data from other third-party apps. So you're exactly right - we do not backup Oberlo, the dropshipping app you use.

We make no claims to back up the data in third-party apps like Oberlo. Right here on our app listing, we outline what we can backup, and third-party apps are not listed. To be extra clear, in our help center we list everything that we cannot back up.

No matter where you store it, losing data that enables you to sell online is brutal. I hope that my explanation here can help you understand why Rewind was not able to bring back your Oberlo data.

Maura
maura@rewind.io

Lexor Miami

Where is my copy of my Database? i want the copy of my database. that is why I got the plan for. Thank you

September 21, 2020

Hi Lexor,

Rewind is a cloud backup service. We make continuous backups of your store data, which you can view and restore from within the Rewind app.

It sounds like this is not what you were expecting when you installed Rewind, and that you are looking for a downloadable copy of your store data. We understand the desire to have an extra copy of your data, so for that reason, we offer backup exports on request.

If you would like a backup export from Rewind please get in touch with us at help@rewind.io.

RPM MOTORSPORT LTD.

We have been with Rewind for over 1 year now, and we just came across an overcharge of $6 per month over our $10 per month subscription. When we asked why? we were told " oh you are in the old subscription " which is 65 orders per month". Yet we NEVER got an email to upgrade or enhance our subscriptions, There must be over 200 customers being effected by this, which to me is shady business. Why did you not automatically upgrade the customer who had 65 orders per month since they are paying $10 and the 200 orders per month is only $9? why were you taking an extra $7 per month from your customers?

When we asked for a refund or a credit the answer from support was " No so we did charge you accordingly for the plan you were on, if you would like to switch plans today you can avoid overage charges in the future"

When we asked for when exactly was the new subscription introduced to we can back track it and only get a refund from that date onward we were told " I do not have an exact date as to when the order based plans were introduced. "

This is shady and not good honest business, we will raise this concern to shopify and we will delete this app immediately.

This is our story, honesty is key in any business, and being grandfathered in a subscription has always been the case with many companies, but unfortunately not this one.

Take from this what you will.

June 18, 2020

We understand that being billed more than you were expecting can come as a shock. At all times we do our best to be as transparent as possible about historical plans and we will never force anyone to change a plan that’s working for them.

The plan you had originally signed up for came with overage charges. This is not something we attempted to conceal and something that at the time was clearly listed on our page. We would backup your store up to 20,000 items - and for every 2500 extra items above that threshold we charged $2.

This plan became a grandfathered plan in the wake of new plans we introduced in 2019, but as many of our clients were getting a better deal on the old plans, we didn’t force anyone to upgrade - nor could we even if we wanted to in accordance with Shopify’s billing procedures.

We understand however that despite all this, it did come as a surprise which is why a full refund has been initiated with Shopify’s billing team. Our support team is also more than willing to help you upgrade to our new plans which will save you some money if that is what you want to do. Please contact us at help@rewind.io or reply to any of our outreach to you.

Dictation Solutions Australia

The only time I need to use the Rewind app was when my menus reverted to an old version. I did not change the menus, and the last change was the Rewind app making an new menu backup page. The rewind app was unable to restore the old menus. Support was unable to assist and decided to blame everyone else. So the app has been useless to me when finally needed.

March 18, 2020

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with your navigation menu! We recognize that losing any information can be a painful experience, and that’s why we’re here to help. While we wish we could provide backup and restoration support for every type of information stored on a Shopify store, unfortunately our access is limited in a few areas, including Navigation Menus.

Despite this, we do try and overcome the lack of access by using a different method of capturing the information stored in your navigation menu, and then we store that securely in your backups. While we recognize this method cannot support automatic restoration, like we can with products, we still do have access to this information and have worked with many merchants in the past to help them manually restore this. If you’re interested in receiving help to restore this, please feel free to reply to our support team’s message so we can assist.

Vintagepillowsstore

They charged me without asking me.I dont recommended!!!! this is not honest.I'm very angry!!!!!!!!!!

August 21, 2019

Hi there,

As we bill through Shopify, we must receive your approval prior to being able to charge you. We can see that you selected and approved the charge for your plan on June 11th, 2019 at 2:49AM EST. Regardless, if you feel you may have selected the wrong plan or weren't happy with the product, we will gladly refund you. Please contact our help team at help@rewind.io to arrange for your refund.

Previous 1