Buy Button channel

Buy Button channel | Reviews

by Shopify

Sell your products on any website or blog.

Pure Generators

I used this to integrate with my Kajabi site where I sell programs and digital products. It has been totally seamless and I love it. It's also really easy to buy and print the shipping labels.

CastMax

Good But doesn't track well checkout visited pages...................................................

Born Yesterday NYC

I used this to link a different item to a different storefront. Love it. Super intuitive. Will be using again.

Solgohachia

Love the Buy Button because it lets me add Shopify functionality to my existing website. The functionality itself works really well - have never had any problems with it. The ability to customize is pretty good, although you need to dig into the guts of the embedded code to truly make it match your own website. I struggled with defining its size but eventually redesigned my page to make how it was displaying work.

Chestnut Road Design Co

I used the button to embed a buy now button on my website to enable customers to check out on the page. It was really easy to customize and set up and I'm really happy with it.

pettyjohnelec

The buy button is quite good but the images are very low res on our website that pull from Shopify and it looks bad. They should know photos are the most important thing. I get page load speeds, but at least offer users the option to show higher res photos, big disappointment. Otherwise really like the buy button.

April 11, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm glad to hear you like the Buy Button app, and sorry that you've had trouble with your image resolution. This sounds like it may be an issue unrelated to the Buy Button itself; nevertheless, I'd be happy to take a look into this for you. I've gone ahead sent you an email with more information and some questions. Hope to hear from you soon! - Ryder, Shopify Support

The Pink Controller

Saw the previous features for this, allowing it to work with WP and other sites and feel like I missed out. I really hate that Shopify themes are so limiting, 3rd party templates are way too expensive or not reliable ( I was scammed by theme forest for a theme that caused me to miss out on Christmas our first year in business) , and don't offer one of the biggest tools needed to succeed. Blogging. I have tried using the Buy Button with two different sites, even using WP (which has it's own set up of issues) and now just wish Shopify would restructure so we didn't have such a hard time as new business owners. We should be able to report scams to Shopify and they get involved. And how about a new theme from you all at least once every other month. And lower the prices of the 3rd party ones. They still try to nickle and dime you, if you ask for features that are shown in the demo, even if made by Shopify and don't work as advertised. I also have a terrible time getting help from Shopify Support, so I gave up even asking for help and have been spending my time over the last year and a half, trying out every other E-commerce site and resigned to just use this button until we can afford a higher end developer and move completely way from Shopify. I just wish it were easier. Would gladly do it all here at Shopify if it were.

April 9, 2020

Thank you for leaving this review and sharing these details - we really appreciate your feedback. I'm going to send you an email so that we can discuss using Buy Buttons in more detail. I'd also like to follow up on some of the other suggestions you mentioned and talk about these further. I'll be in touch soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Access Possibilities

I used this app to create an exclusive sale for my email subscribers. I really like that I was able to create a page with sale products that are not listed in my online store. I like that I was able to customize the button. I like that my customers could check out without leaving my webpage.

The Maine Square

This app seems to work well. I wish there was an area for my customers to leave a note at checkout.

Healing mountain crystals

This app is great for use when you already have a website designed and just need to add buttons as a back end to allow the customer to checkout.
The problem I ran into is that on any page of my website that doesn't have a buy button (like the home page for example and many others) then shoppers don't see the shopping cart. They have to navigate back to a page that has a buy button in order to check out, even if they've already added items to their cart.
I called shopify about this issue twice looking for a solution or even a way to get the code for the shopping cart, so I can add it to a shopping cart button on the menu bar but they said that wasn't possible.

Great app but has issues working seamlessly with my websites design, because it doesn't have a shopping cart button like paypal does.

April 7, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Without the insight from merchants using our Shopify developed apps, we wouldn't be able to continue developing what we offer.

This set up with the Buy Button is a current limitation due to the nature of connecting your checkout to a third party website. That being said, we’re always working to improve the way our apps work, so I’ve followed up with you via email to share your experience with our development team. -Lizzy, Shopify Support