Discount Ninja

Discount Ninja

by Limoni Apps

Build discounts & special offers. Boost conversion & revenue.

Healthy Options

Slow response of team through email. All the promotions and offers I created from the start were all removed yesterday without Discount Ninja team informing me. The reports on offer usage are all inaccurate. The tagging of discounted items and adding new items are inconsistent, so manual checking of orders becomes a must. There's also the added work of communicating with the customers regarding the errors. The discounts are also not working properly.

Wandering I

Honestly the most stressful experience with this app and the customer service team. If I could give 0 stars I would. I downloaded the app to support a tiered promotion we wanted to put live. As my theme doesn't allow the automatic install for the building blocks, I requested some help from the support team and then the true nightmare began. Customer service is not helpful at all! Every email I received had no solution and they took ages to reply. I feel like I am chasing my tail with no resolve (still to this date). In the interest of time, I then reached out again to the team to connect on a call but no-one called at the designated time. Today the app does not even open and shows an error message so I don't know what to do? I now have all the app code manually embedded on my site and my developer will have to remove all the code. So in summary, the most stress EVER and for what the app does not even open today before they have a glitch. AVOID if you want to save yourself a headache!!

BusDeals Today

Why is it that, after I uninstall your app, it leaves behind all its code in my theme? And when I try to remove it I get errors all of my shop? Now I have all this unneeded bloatware in my theme and no way to remove it?

limoniapps-discountninja-additionalproduct.liquid

limoniapps-fontawesome-webfont.woff
limoniapps-fontawesome-webfont.woff2

July 9, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback!

As mentioned over the phone (voicemail) and email the easiest way to uninstall the assets is to use the "Cancel plan" button in the app (available from Settings > Subscription) as described here: https://support.discountninja.io/en/articles/2698217-how-to-cancel-your-subscription

This functionality was added precisely to avoid leaving assets behind after uninstalling. The reason Shopify apps leave assets behind after deleting the app is because Shopify removes all permissions of an app when it is uninstalled. Including the permissions an app needs to "clean up". Shopify is addressing this in an update of its product that may land in 2021. Once that is in place the experience for the merchant will be easier. In the meantime, please use our "Cancel plan" button to uninstall.

As mentioned in the emails I sent you in this regard we are happy to help you remove those assets (even though they are no longer loaded and as such do not affect the performance of your theme or shop we agree that it is best practice to remove unused files to avoid confusion). We're waiting for your approval to remove those files from your theme. Please reply to our email when you have the time to let us know we can proceed.

Danger Close Apparel

Opted for them to instal the code, but they ruined my theme! My checkout button became disabled, so I lost sales all day. I reached out to customer serivce, but no one ever got back to me. In fact, I'm not sure if they ever finished installing the code because they never communicated with me. After two days, I gave up.

June 24, 2020

Hi there, as discussed in the many emails we exchanged the issue was caused by another app you had installed. As shown in the video we shared the issue is unrelated to our app. Having said that, we acknowledge our support team failed to notify you after setting up Dynamic Pricing on your theme. We have since improved our procedures to avoid this from happening. We’re sorry your experience with the app has not been the best one and we’ll use your feedback to continue improving how we provide the best support possible to our customers.

American Classic Coffee

I installed the app and then tried to install companion app so that, along with the automatic discount, I could offer a discount at checkout. The app hides the discount field at checkout and a companion app needs to be installed in order to correct that. I attempted to download and install the companion app three or four times. Each time I was redirected to a url that didn't exist.

I emailed support and heard back only once. Their email instructed me to use a different email address. I sent three email addresses to that address (the original and two follow-up) and never heard back from them.

As a result of this, I lost sales. I had advertised a discount with free shipping and wasn't able to offer the free shipping due to not being able to install the companion app.

I am very disappointed with this app and it's developers. Their tech support is terrible, at best. I recommend using another app instead of this one.

Munk Pack

I would love to be able to use this app seeing as Shopify somehow still doesn't allow stacked discounts, but in the few days I was running it on my site, there were multiple issues and no response from Support. Products that weren't included in my offers were getting discounted and customers were able to use discounts more than once, even though this is not what the settings on my offer specified. I've been waiting over a week for any update from their support team and am just being told "they're dealing with an unusual amount of requests." I've followed up every single day and have been getting the same general response. Out of the 10 days of the free trial, I was able to run the app for 3 days and then had to pause all of our offers due to these issues not being resolved.

April 7, 2020

Hi there team Munk Pack,

Very sorry to hear that your experience has not been good. We are indeed supporting many, many new customers due to COVID-19. We're doing our best to support every customer.

I'm happy to review your case personally. You can reach me at bart@discountninja.io and I'll set up a conference call for us to discuss this.

Apologies again for the capacity issues we are currently experiencing in the support team and hope to speak to you soon.

Best regards,
Bart Coppens
Founder Discount Ninja

Vivid Root

I tried this app and it didn't work. They reached out and supposedly fixed it, however today I've had 2 sales where people got their entire order for free due to some screw up with this app. Uninstalling, I'm done. Don't bother contacting me.

Ultrafino

If you want to do BOGO/BXGY or free gifts. It does not support variants so basically if you want to give a $10 gift cards as a gift the customer could technically select the highest value.

February 17, 2020

Thank you for your review. I confirm we do not offer discounts for specific product variants. You can always let our five-star support team know about feature requests you may have. In the meantime you're welcome to try the many other features our app offers today!

WILLS JEWELLERY

This is my first ever review for an app for Shopify. First I want to say this app is totally a joke to use - it offers a function called 'tier-discount' that allows you to set different discounts at multiple tiers of a customer spent in one transaction. I have set two conditions of a fixed discount amount at two levels at first, but the system converted the discount into percentage discount by itself without noticing me, that causing a further discount as not what I expected in the deal. I then contacted the team about this, although they made a refund of one month subscription that not even enough to cover my loss in the deal. What they replied to me was '... per our terms and conditions, we do not accept liability for issues encountered when using our app or services...', this is the worst statement ever made by a service provider escaping from any responsibility in which the problem is obviously the app itself but not the user. Think carefully before using this app, this is my warning.

December 29, 2019

Thank you for your review. The tiered promotion are indeed a fantastic feature of the app allowing you to grow the amount your customers spend on your shop!
This technique works really well for many of our customers and combined with our Dynamic Pricing is unique.
The problem you identified was resolved immediately after you reported it and a refund was issued to compensate. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Sloppy Chops Co

Don't waste your time. App was buggy and customer service was horrendous. App would only sometimes accept discount codes from Shopify and Discount Ninja. Solicited support on several occasions and only received one-line response with a link to FAQ page, and even then would take 48 hours for them to respond. I would not trust this app to effectively and efficiently support my store.

November 20, 2019

Hi there Sloppy Chops Co,

Thank you for trying Discount Ninja!

The feature you were interested in using is a recent addition to the app and allows visitors to add one or more Shopify discount codes and Discount Ninja promotions to the cart. It's a great capability to have since it allows Shopify merchants to allow multiple discounts to be added to the cart and visitors don't have to go to the checkout to add them!

We are aware that this new feature did not behave as expected on your store and our development team is fixing this at the moment. We are sorry that this feature caused an issue for you and thank you for your feedback.

Previous 1