Discount Ninja

Discount Ninja

by Limoni Apps

Special offers. Tiered & stacked discounts. BOGOs. Free gifts.

Amino Co. Supplements

After installing: - Free gifts would not show up in the cart unless the page was refreshed. - When the free gifts did show up it would show the full price not that it was added to the customer's cart as a free gift. - Sometimes even at checkout the item would not be discounted or recognized as a free gift. - Paid for express installation of dynamic pricing and after a week there were no changes. Although they did alter the code in my theme, nothing worked properly. - Unreliable behavior, sometimes gifts or discounts would not be added. After the theme was altered by their team to install dynamic pricing: - The time it took to load the checkout was over 10 seconds. When the user clicked the checkout button it would appear that nothing happened and the checkout was not loading. - The themes cart icon at the top right of the page is now pushed off the right of the page slightly. - Page load speed score dropped from around 35-36 which was rated as an average load time for stores like mine to 30 which is rated as slower than stores like mine. After uninstalling: - The themes cart icon at the top right of the page is still pushed off the right of the page slightly. - Page speed score has remained the same. - I have reached out to support to ask for help on this and make sure all the code that was manually entered when trying to install dynamic pricing is removed and they have been unresponsive.

March 17, 2021

Hi there Michael,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. Very sorry to hear you had a poor experience setting the app up.

The setup on themes, including Turbo, with drawer carts can be a bit more complex and can involve some minor JavaScript edits. You requested our team to set it up for you and it looks like the work done was not done well. I'm sorry about that and, as mentioned in the communication I sent via email, I'm happy to review and fix that myself.

Discount Ninja is designed to show a discounted checkout. It does so by taking over the checkout button. Some other apps or scripts can prevent the app from doing that successfully. In such cases, our support team can help you troubleshoot that. The effect the app has on the performance of the load of the checkout is minimal when the implementation is done correctly.

As mentioned via email I understand mistakes were made on our side on the setup of the app and I'd welcome an opportunity to fix that for you.

Imam Carpets - Online Shop

I requested a refund as their app did not work once with my theme. I have paid them 3 times in a row and their app did not work. Their support was terrible and took to long to work on my store properly. I can't pay for a app if it does not work and can't just pay for support.

February 8, 2021

Hi there! We have reviewed the charges for the app applied to your account by Shopify. You received one charge only. You installed on November 28, 2020 and uninstalled on January 19, 2021 and benefited from a 14-day free trial. As discussed via email, your claim (paid 3 times in a row) is indeed incorrect.

We have also reviewed your support requests. Our support team have helped you with three separate tickets. We're sorry to hear that you feel the support received was insufficient. We'll use your feedback to improve the support we provide for Discount Ninja!

AMMA Healing

Please don't use this app. I could go down a laundry list about why this is the world's worst app. Seriously stay away

December 18, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience using the app.
I'd be very interested to hear more about your experience to understand what issues you may have encountered.

Best regards,
Bart

The Steel Magnolia Company

My main reason for using this app was so my customers could use 2 discounts which Shopify won't do. This feature worked. However, the list of negatives HIGHLY out weighs this one good feature. When you schedule a promotion to start automatically, it doesn't. I had to activate manually. I had it set to start a midnight and at 12:04 I had to go activate myself. It took another 5 minutes before customers started seeing the discount on their end. Well... some of them. This made for a huge headache refunding differences. The next issue is carts already made with products in it won't see the discount. They have to clear them out and restart their browser. This doesn't always work though. There were customers with browsers open and then added items hours into the sale and they still couldn't see the discount. I kept telling my customers to clear their history and restart everything or use a different device and they still had issues. The discount wouldn't show up. This is the 2nd sale I used with this app and both times I had these issues. I have many unhappy customers who didn't get the discount and a lot more work fixing hundreds of orders! If you want to pay for a headache, this is the app for you!

December 18, 2020

Hi there,

We're sorry you had a bad experience with the app. I sent a message via email as well inviting you to discuss these issues in more detail. Our goal with Discount Ninja is to provide a flexible app that allows customers to run profitable promotions. If you have identified specific use cases that are not working as you expected, I would like to hear your feedback directly so we can address it and improve the app further.

Best regards,
Bart Coppens
Founder Discount Ninja

Mousu.Art

Customer service is slow and no solution is given still. I didn't need the Bronze Plan anymore so downgraded to Free plan so next month I won't be charged. I still had one whole month of the paid plan left but lost all the features. Support told me they don't have automatic downgrade like other subscription services had. I tried to go back to previous plan since I paid for a month the day before but it wanted to charge me again. I've contacted support for help and they said they'll contact the team and would get back to me with any update. It's been almost 3 weeks with no updates. I emailed multiple times throughout the weeks and got the same response.

November 28, 2020

Hi Jaimie,

As discussed over email, we apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Discount Ninja uses the standard Shopify subscription charging system (like most apps). The downgrade/upgrade behavior is implemented by Shopify and can lead to some surprises indeed. I hope the compensation we offered via email meets your approval and that you are enjoying the app!

Healthy Options

Slow response of team through email. All the promotions and offers I created from the start were all removed yesterday without Discount Ninja team informing me. The reports on offer usage are all inaccurate. The tagging of discounted items and adding new items are inconsistent, so manual checking of orders becomes a must. There's also the added work of communicating with the customers regarding the errors. The discounts are also not working properly.

Wandering I

Honestly the most stressful experience with this app and the customer service team. If I could give 0 stars I would. I downloaded the app to support a tiered promotion we wanted to put live. As my theme doesn't allow the automatic install for the building blocks, I requested some help from the support team and then the true nightmare began. Customer service is not helpful at all! Every email I received had no solution and they took ages to reply. I feel like I am chasing my tail with no resolve (still to this date). In the interest of time, I then reached out again to the team to connect on a call but no-one called at the designated time. Today the app does not even open and shows an error message so I don't know what to do? I now have all the app code manually embedded on my site and my developer will have to remove all the code. So in summary, the most stress EVER and for what the app does not even open today before they have a glitch. AVOID if you want to save yourself a headache!!

November 5, 2020

Hi there Shnai! As discussed before on the phone, I'm very sorry you had such a bad experience with the initial setup. As agreed on the phone we provided additional onboarding sessions and extra care in the setup of the Dynamic Pricing and building blocks for your theme. We aim to provide the best promotion app for Shopify and we understand the importance of providing 5-star support for the app as well. I trust the additional onboarding session we provided has helped you get familiar with the app. Hopefully, the app will bring additional conversion and an increase in AOV for you. Let me know if you need additional help!

BusDeals Today

Why is it that, after I uninstall your app, it leaves behind all its code in my theme? And when I try to remove it I get errors all of my shop? Now I have all this unneeded bloatware in my theme and no way to remove it?

limoniapps-discountninja-additionalproduct.liquid

limoniapps-fontawesome-webfont.woff
limoniapps-fontawesome-webfont.woff2

July 9, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback!

As mentioned over the phone (voicemail) and email the easiest way to uninstall the assets is to use the "Cancel plan" button in the app (available from Settings > Subscription) as described here: https://support.discountninja.io/en/articles/2698217-how-to-cancel-your-subscription

This functionality was added precisely to avoid leaving assets behind after uninstalling. The reason Shopify apps leave assets behind after deleting the app is because Shopify removes all permissions of an app when it is uninstalled. Including the permissions an app needs to "clean up". Shopify is addressing this in an update of its product that may land in 2021. Once that is in place the experience for the merchant will be easier. In the meantime, please use our "Cancel plan" button to uninstall.

As mentioned in the emails I sent you in this regard we are happy to help you remove those assets (even though they are no longer loaded and as such do not affect the performance of your theme or shop we agree that it is best practice to remove unused files to avoid confusion). We're waiting for your approval to remove those files from your theme. Please reply to our email when you have the time to let us know we can proceed.

Danger Close Apparel

Opted for them to instal the code, but they ruined my theme! My checkout button became disabled, so I lost sales all day. I reached out to customer serivce, but no one ever got back to me. In fact, I'm not sure if they ever finished installing the code because they never communicated with me. After two days, I gave up.

June 24, 2020

Hi there, as discussed in the many emails we exchanged the issue was caused by another app you had installed. As shown in the video we shared the issue is unrelated to our app. Having said that, we acknowledge our support team failed to notify you after setting up Dynamic Pricing on your theme. We have since improved our procedures to avoid this from happening. We’re sorry your experience with the app has not been the best one and we’ll use your feedback to continue improving how we provide the best support possible to our customers.

American Classic Coffee

I installed the app and then tried to install companion app so that, along with the automatic discount, I could offer a discount at checkout. The app hides the discount field at checkout and a companion app needs to be installed in order to correct that. I attempted to download and install the companion app three or four times. Each time I was redirected to a url that didn't exist.

I emailed support and heard back only once. Their email instructed me to use a different email address. I sent three email addresses to that address (the original and two follow-up) and never heard back from them.

As a result of this, I lost sales. I had advertised a discount with free shipping and wasn't able to offer the free shipping due to not being able to install the companion app.

I am very disappointed with this app and it's developers. Their tech support is terrible, at best. I recommend using another app instead of this one.

Previous 1