Discount Ninja

Discount Ninja

by Limoni Apps

Build discounts & special offers. Boost conversion & revenue.

Danger Close Apparel

Opted for them to instal the code, but they ruined my theme! My checkout button became disabled, so I lost sales all day. I reached out to customer serivce, but no one ever got back to me. In fact, I'm not sure if they ever finished installing the code because they never communicated with me. After two days, I gave up.

Munk Pack

I would love to be able to use this app seeing as Shopify somehow still doesn't allow stacked discounts, but in the few days I was running it on my site, there were multiple issues and no response from Support. Products that weren't included in my offers were getting discounted and customers were able to use discounts more than once, even though this is not what the settings on my offer specified. I've been waiting over a week for any update from their support team and am just being told "they're dealing with an unusual amount of requests." I've followed up every single day and have been getting the same general response. Out of the 10 days of the free trial, I was able to run the app for 3 days and then had to pause all of our offers due to these issues not being resolved.

April 7, 2020

Hi there team Munk Pack,

Very sorry to hear that your experience has not been good. We are indeed supporting many, many new customers due to COVID-19. We're doing our best to support every customer.

I'm happy to review your case personally. You can reach me at bart@discountninja.io and I'll set up a conference call for us to discuss this.

Apologies again for the capacity issues we are currently experiencing in the support team and hope to speak to you soon.

Best regards,
Bart Coppens
Founder Discount Ninja

Vivid Root

I tried this app and it didn't work. They reached out and supposedly fixed it, however today I've had 2 sales where people got their entire order for free due to some screw up with this app. Uninstalling, I'm done. Don't bother contacting me.

Ultrafino

If you want to do BOGO/BXGY or free gifts. It does not support variants so basically if you want to give a $10 gift cards as a gift the customer could technically select the highest value.

February 17, 2020

Thank you for your review. I confirm we do not offer discounts for specific product variants. You can always let our five-star support team know about feature requests you may have. In the meantime you're welcome to try the many other features our app offers today!

WILLS JEWELLERY

This is my first ever review for an app for Shopify. First I want to say this app is totally a joke to use - it offers a function called 'tier-discount' that allows you to set different discounts at multiple tiers of a customer spent in one transaction. I have set two conditions of a fixed discount amount at two levels at first, but the system converted the discount into percentage discount by itself without noticing me, that causing a further discount as not what I expected in the deal. I then contacted the team about this, although they made a refund of one month subscription that not even enough to cover my loss in the deal. What they replied to me was '... per our terms and conditions, we do not accept liability for issues encountered when using our app or services...', this is the worst statement ever made by a service provider escaping from any responsibility in which the problem is obviously the app itself but not the user. Think carefully before using this app, this is my warning.

December 29, 2019

Thank you for your review. The tiered promotion are indeed a fantastic feature of the app allowing you to grow the amount your customers spend on your shop!
This technique works really well for many of our customers and combined with our Dynamic Pricing is unique.
The problem you identified was resolved immediately after you reported it and a refund was issued to compensate. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Sloppy Chops Co

Don't waste your time. App was buggy and customer service was horrendous. App would only sometimes accept discount codes from Shopify and Discount Ninja. Solicited support on several occasions and only received one-line response with a link to FAQ page, and even then would take 48 hours for them to respond. I would not trust this app to effectively and efficiently support my store.

November 20, 2019

Hi there Sloppy Chops Co,

Thank you for trying Discount Ninja!

The feature you were interested in using is a recent addition to the app and allows visitors to add one or more Shopify discount codes and Discount Ninja promotions to the cart. It's a great capability to have since it allows Shopify merchants to allow multiple discounts to be added to the cart and visitors don't have to go to the checkout to add them!

We are aware that this new feature did not behave as expected on your store and our development team is fixing this at the moment. We are sorry that this feature caused an issue for you and thank you for your feedback.

Bee Equipment

This app has massive potential - I like the ideas it has and the interface it uses.

The problem is each thing I tried to do with it didn't work and I had to contact the support each time. I do not have time to wait around for fixes for rudimentary functions.

The product search function responded to every word in the term rather than the whole phrase, meaning a simple 3 word product title search would return every product matching one of the 3 words. The devs did make changes to this within 24 hours which was good, but it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. It can only search via title, not via SKU.

The critical issue was a sale wouldn't respond to changes, leaving a default animation on discounted prices firstly which I didn't want. I then tried to turn the sale off and it wouldn't turn off at all. This is a big, potentially costly bug in my view, and if something like this exists this app should not be on this app store yet - no matter charging customers for it. I disabled and removed the app shortly after to resolve the issue.

The app also does not change prices in the "compare at" field within Shopify itself, rather it creates a discount code which is applied in the Shopify, causing knock-on effects with other apps or automated collections, as well as PayPal and Google checkouts. This is logical but should be considered within the setup of your store.

January 10, 2020

Hi there, thank you for your review! I wanted to provide some feedback since we have released a new version of the app last November which addresses some of the issues you have mentioned in your review.

Changes to a (sale) promotion are now 100% instant. Once you deactivate or delete a promotion the effect is immediate.

The ability to combine Discount Ninja promotions with other apps has been improved significantly in the latest version of the app, making it more compatible with other apps than ever before.

We have also introduced new features, including "buy x, get y", "bogo" and "free gift with" as well as a "promotion code field"!

dragonpharmalabs.com

So far my worst review to any App on Shopify. Very disappointed. The app say that you can do a lot of configurations, and after install it you see that most of what the advertise is Coming Soon... so I first installed it in september/2018 and contacted them about the coming soon parts that I wanted, and was told soon would be released... so far it still have the parts I want as "coming soon" and I didn't use this app until now, and I am been charged 49$ per month because the version that was supposed to have those features charge that amount per month... I will never use again any App from this developer!

January 10, 2020

Thanks for your review! We understand that it can be annoying to wait for new features to arrive.

To add the features marked as "Coming Soon" in version two we've had to completely rebuild the app. Software development can sometimes take longer than planned, which is what happened here. Our communication on this could and should have been more transparent.

The good news is that the completely revamped version of the app has been launched a few months ago and includes all the features our users have been asking for, including:

- Cart rules: trigger a promotion when customers spend x or buy x
- "Buy x, get y" and "BOGO" promotions
- "Free gift with" promotions
- More powerful abilities to stack discount codes
- Promotion code field in the cart
and much more

Holistic Habitat

We had an exceptionally frustrating experience with this app. We used it to launch a huge Black Friday sale with a threshold discount (buy $150 get X% OFF, buy $250 get Y% OFF). The discounts were supposed to automatically populate based on the cart totals for customers. We correlated our FB ads and all social media along with a huge email push to promote. The app CRASHED the night we launched the sale requiring me to create several fixes with discount codes and babysitting the site until 4:30 AM to make sure everything was working. Remember: all of our marketing was timed to launch at the same time the app was supposed to create the sale. So, at one point, we had about 60 people on our site looking for the discounts and none were to be found until I created banners, popups, and sliders with quickly created discount codes. It was a mess. Finally, Discount Ninja's tech department let us know they had fixed the problem and things started working again.

During the 5 day sale, we received 12 messages from customers letting us know the discounts were not applying to their carts automatically so we had to deploy more discount codes. The whole reason for using the app was to avoid making the customer use codes! So, that was 12 saved sales but WHO KNOWS how many customers didn't reach out. Despite all of this trouble, we had a pretty successful sale but I think it could've been far more successful had it actually worked consistently for all of our customers. Additionally, the app turned off too early and when I tried to turn it back on, it was so glitchy that I had to create yet another campaign to fix the fact their app stopped working. The "end time" was impossible to change to the correct time. Each time I would save the correct time, it would revert to an incorrect time. I do NOT recommend this app. It is glitchy, inconsistent, and cost us a bunch of sales.

Salty Crush

Discount Ninja is not working. I sent a news letter and all of my VIP costumers aren't able to buy with discounted prices. It generated a lot of frustration from my costumers and now because of your **** plug in we have to deal with a lot crap.

January 10, 2020

Hi there, thanks for you review!

We understand it is frustrating when a promotion goes wrong because of an issue with an app. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Our development team is constantly working on improving the app resulting in many new features and a rock solid stable infrastructure to ensure you have have a feature rich app that you can trust with all of your promotions.

Previous 1