EcoCart: Carbon Neutral Orders

1 review
4.9
1 review
June 26, 2021

Pretty convinced this app is a scam. I've sent them multiple emails through different methods (from Shopify's app, in app, and on their site), and I haven't heard a reply from them. It's been about a month, so I'm not being impatient. Really frustrating for a handful of reasons but the main one is: WHAT ARE THEY ACTUALLY DOING WITH THE MONEY? It's hard to believe a company that is supposed to donate money on behalf of my business is legitimate with this type of experience. I'm pretty shaken up by this app because I wanted to show goodwill on behalf of my business and my customer would be too with willingness to donate to a cause. Can anyone verify this organization's legitimacy?

GUÜDS.io - your new favorite health food store + warehouse club
Time spent using app: 16 days
EcoCart replied June 27, 2021

Hi there! Dane, CEO and co-founder of EcoCart here. Thanks so much for letting us know. Your messages were unfortunately being caught in the suspended tickets section of Zendesk due to them being from an "automated system." I sincerely apologize for the lack of response. I've reached out to you personally to schedule a call to explain more about how EcoCart works.

In short, we're funding certified carbon offset projects like planting trees or building wind farms with the carbon offset donations from your customers.

I look forward to speaking with you :)