Gameball: Loyalty & Rewards

Gameball: Loyalty & Rewards

by Gameball

Game-like loyalty program and referrals

GreatShopee2u

I installed and tried a lot of loyalty apps and s far gameball is the best one i found with all the options I need. Also the customer support team is great and they responds promptly to all my inquiries. Keep up the good work. ~Shameera~

Entrelíneas Papelería

It took me 3 hours to research and decide, Gameball supports spanish, our local currency (Chile) and the pricing goes by hand with the store results.

It took me 2 hours to set up all, you can customize everything! Really easy to do, it really feels like a game, had fun doing it.

duross & langel

very happy with Gameball app. easy to use. well designed. perfect to reward our customers both at the POS and online. have not really begun to delve into the games but looking forward to implementing in time. the support from the developers has been amazing. i often feel like i am a bit slow when it comes to things like web apps. everyone listened, asked pertinent questions, gave me clear, simple answers and followed up with all the information in an email. I enjoy working with kind, patient people. Ahmed and the team at Gameball are clear winners in this area. thank you thank you!

Cycle XP

Extremely helpful support and a beautifully built app, the loyalty programs you can setup with Gameball are exactly how to take your business to the next level!

Aussie Veterans Coffee Co.

I would like to take this time to congratulate the team at Gameball, We had some issues around features and within a few hours, the issues have been resolved. Their customer service is fantastic and we are now very happy with our choice to switch our loyalty plan to Gameball

July 27, 2020

Thanks a lot our friend for your review. We are always here to help! :)

RCm8 Ltd

This app has the potential to be a great app but our experience with it has been substandard, and we just couldn't trust it or the support team in the end.

Our problems started when we tried to add rewards to customers manually but, due to a bug in the system, it prevented us from adding rewards in the admin area. They found the bug but we weren't allowed to manually reward customers for 6 days until they updated the app again on their weekly update. The support representative kindly offered us the Pro package for free as compensation.

We then discovered a bug that prevented customers from receiving the New Customer reward and other rewards failed because of this bug. I reported the bug and asked if they could manually update the customer's account that failed to be rewarded. This didn't happen for a few days and I had to remind them, which is really bad.

We then discovered another bug where a customer got absolutely no rewards for anything. This customer should have received a number of rewards but didn't. I report this bug instantly and I was told 'we will look into it now and get back to you'. They never did get back to me and this customer still has no rewards and, at this time, we couldn't add the rewards manually because of another bug.

This has been a very negative and frustrating experience for us and our business. We've wasted both money and time on this app, and it and its support team failed us. It's a great shame because the app looks great and would have been a lot of fun for our customers.

The support team will answer your request very quickly; quicker than any app that we've seen so far, so they deserve some recognition for that. However, this isn't much good if somebody promises to look into a bug and then doesn't get back to you when they say they would, leaving a customer without any rewards.

We've just deleted the app and using another one that has thankfully worked first time. I'll be seeking a full refund for our first month as it hasn't worked as described.

July 22, 2020

Hello Steve. Thanks for your review. It makes us deeply sad that this is how your experience with Gameball ends. No system is bugless, and we admit that you've been a little bit unlucky. We've tried our best to compensate you, but we understand how frustrating this can get.

We will get in touch with you to settle a refund. However, we need to highlight that your experience can't be generalized since what happened with you has never happened before with 1200+ merchants .

Thanks for your review, and for your previous support in reporting and fixing those bugs. And we are sorry again for any troubles caused.

Tupisto Cabo

I was in the market for exactly what Gameball is offering, excellent features and they have the most awesome support, they always answered my questions right away. Thanks again guys and keep up the great work.

July 2, 2020

WulfyShop

i downloaded a lot of loyalty apps and by far gameball is the best one, for sure i can't wait for more features.

July 2, 2020

Swordsfall

First impression was, "Oh wow! Pretty!". Then as I keep looking at the program I would find these hidden walls. Options that said they should be part of the Standard plan but instead they were for Pro or GURU.

This is something I see far too often on Shopify. Great looking apps with important options that are, SURPRISE!, an extra charge.

For instance, the Missions? They require Guru right now. When I asked Ahmed about it, it was a copy write error. Well that's a pretty big error. That's a major component that goes from being $30 to $400 dollar. That's not a mistake, that's on purpose.

In the Purchase Reward area if you want to send a campaign for like a "Double Points weekend", surprise that's a pro feature! As of this review no where on their Shopify page, website, OR upgrade function inside the app says this.

Want to make a new Player Type? SURPRISE! That's a Guru feature too.

I'm frustrated because I wanted to like Gameball. It's pretty. But I also need a program that's going to function fully without having to pay my car note worth of app.

If they actually had this stuff on the Standard tier like they said, this would be a 5 star. Hell, I'd be tempted to go Pro to get unlimited integrations. But it feels like its gonna be a random whack a mole of which feature is on the highest tier.

If you're a small business and don't have unlimited funds to through at a single app, then it's cool. If not? Give it time.

June 26, 2020

We are so sorry for your experience. We never intend to manipulate our clients with misleading texts. The copy issue was a sincere mistake that we fixed right after you drew our attention to it.

We immediately offered the feature for you in your current plan as a compensation at no extra charges; no tricks here.

As for "player types", it's a feature that requires a bit of coding and API accessibility, which is usually given to higher tiers. It's a very advanced feature anyway that is rarely requested except for our enterprise clients (Guru).

Again, we apologize for your experience, and we are always available to help shall you change your mind :)

PlusOne Trends

I am using this app to bring a fun experience to my store concept and I cannot thank Gameball enough. The work they are doing is lovely. I love the user interface both frontend and backend. They have also updated their help guides/knowledge base, which is extremely helpful. Besides, they also provide great support. Looking forward to utilizing all their features. Installing is one thing, but understanding how to maximize the power of gamification is equally important. Will update my review soon.

Update 2: 100% recommend using Gameball. Been on it for 2 months now. A bit of a learning curve. But their plans are affordable and functionalities are easy to understand.

June 27, 2020