4.4

Merchants appreciate this app for its intuitive flow setup, customizable features, and wide range of templates that aid in creating personalized marketing strategies. The advanced segmentation tools and SMS feature are praised for effectively targeting the right audience. The customer service is noted for being responsive and knowledgeable, providing quick issue resolution. The user-friendly interface is accessible to all merchants, and the app is often credited for generating significant revenue for businesses.

March 4, 2024

Klaviyo is good except one major disadvantage. I am very disappointed that it cannot generate "Buy X Get Y" type coupon code. This is a very very common type of discount code and it can also be generated in Shopify. However, if i generate in Shopify, then, i cannot set a limited time offer in the FLOW.

I really hope Klaviyo can solve this issue in the very near future. Then, i will add the review stars back.

Big Boss Print
Hong Kong SAR
Over 1 year using the app
February 23, 2024

I have used several CMS apps, and Kalviyo is OKAY. It has its strong suits and it's week spots. There are a few things that are slightly annoying: You CAN NOT change transactional messaging. They put in all the information and that is it. Example: SMS message on their order ONLY send their order number. It is basically useless. They also DO NOT do abandoned cart. They say they do, but they do not. They do abandoned checkout, which they call abandoned cart. Those are just a few of the annoying things about Klaviyo.

I would say they are a mediocre app. Better than most, but still far short of being a 5 star. 3 stars, possibly 3.5.

UTKilts
About 2 months using the app
February 4, 2024

Is it really possible that you are email marketing template provider and I need to customize email footer for every single flow? I mean talking about saving time and doing things better...

Foerge
9 months using the app
Klaviyo replied February 6, 2024

Hello, we understand the importance of saving time and ensuring efficiency in your email marketing endeavors. We'd like to inform you that customization options are indeed available within Klaviyo to streamline your workflow, by using a universal block (https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005413888)

Should you encounter any challenges or have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out or head over to our Help Center Articles, Community Page or Academy.

January 18, 2024

Klaviyo's UI is a bit more well-designed and usable than Mailchimp. We switched in order to be able to have more flexibility for what Klaviyo calls "flows" and Mailchimp called "automations".

It's definitely not great though. There are lots of insane caveats. For example there's no way to click on a user and tell where they are in a flow. And there's no way to add more content to the end of a flow and just have it automatically go to everyone that should be sitting and waiting at the end for more.

When we test our emails with mail-tester.com they almost always get flagged with Klaviyo having an IP address in one or more blacklists. Mailchimp never had that problem.

Klaviyo also pointlessly requires a Captcha on every single login.

True Primal
About 1 year using the app
Klaviyo replied January 23, 2024

Thank you for sharing your experiences with Klaviyo! We're delighted to hear that you find our UI more user-friendly than Mailchimp, especially with the flexibility of our flows. Your feedback is noted (flow improvements) and will be forwarded to our product team. If you encounter any other challenges or have suggestions, please share them with our support team. We appreciate your input as we continuously strive to improve our product. Thanks again!

PS: any new improvements are highlighted here https://www.klaviyo.com/product/whats-new

December 1, 2023

Shocked by the lack of onboarding, as this had been promised.
I find the whole platform very slow and unresponsive to the point of unusable at times.
The lack of 'support ticket ' system makes it impossible to manage help and issues.
Nobody takes ownership of issues.

Lack of outsourced specialists to code complex flows and Klavyio don't offer this as an extra.

For a program that is part owned by Shopify and designed to work with it, I don't understand how it has such traction.

Generally I am really disappointed. I will be looking for an alternative once I am further through my contract.

FrenchSoaps
7 months using the app
February 15, 2018

Bought into Klaviyo and was initially impressed by the claim that we could use it for both our Shopfy store and Amazon FBA etc. It is great with the close integration to Shopify BUT...

Hugely disappointed to find after spending a small fortune redesigning all the emails and flows etc, that Klaviyo only support Amazon USA only. Apparently the rest of the Amazon universe is invisible and unimportant to Klaviyo...

We now have to spend more money in a separate service to support our Amazon UK channel - Not impressed!

Bee Good
Over 5 years using the app
April 16, 2022

Excellent app for the last 2 years but this business of limiting emails hinders the performance of growing stores. They just don't seem to get it you will be resending your emails to the same people who only engage but never buy. After 10+ years of doing this, you need to hit the fresh inbound emails more frequently. I am leaning towards moving on if this hinders my business growth. It seems there are better options now than from 2+ years ago being on Shopify.

quantlabsnet
Almost 3 years using the app
Edited May 10, 2024

There is a learning curve to using this platform and the new rules with email have made that harder.

The first time I used this app I thought it was great, but then my account was disabled and that caused me great frustration. I tried to reach out to someone and it wasn't easy, but a real person did connect with me. She explained what was going on with my account. Thank you for helping me out.

Now, I think I'm back on track.

Joa Bath and Body
Over 2 years using the app
Edited October 19, 2016

Great product, only they seemed to have stopped developing. Product hasn't had any new features lately, customer service is slow, but mainly the price is bothering me. Every extra 500 people in your account costs $25 a month extra... I first need to recoup my Klaviyo costs and then hope I can make some profit of the emails. I would have expected the costs to decrease relatively when getting more subscribers, but it's just linear.

Great potential, weak execution.

Natural Heroes Nl
Netherlands
About 2 years using the app
October 1, 2019

The app itself seems to be doing what it should - and I think better than Mailchimp. This one has better features. But the costumer service has so far been really bad. I have contacted them for 2 weeks now and no reply. Is a bit frustrating to pay for a product, and ending up hirering people from outside to help you out...

Mondo Kaos