LimeSpot Personalizer

LimeSpot Personalizer | Reviews

by LimeSpot

Customized Product Recommendations, Cross Sell, Upsell, Bundle

BUMPSHOW MATERNITY

Please be noted: This app charged you based on the total revenue of your store NOT the revenue from THIS APP.
You spent so much on social media to get those orders BUT the app will charge you hundreds for that.
Their plan is completely insane. I would like to give 0 STARS if there is

November 3, 2021

We hear you. Our pricing based on overall store size is best suited for merchants who want to use LimeSpot throughout their site. We've just launched a new pricing plan, called "Pay as you grow,' where pricing is based on revenue direct driven from LimeSpot placements on your site.

We would love the opportunity to work with you to get you on this new pricing plan. We have reached out to you via email-- please also feel free to contact us via support@ or chat.

Crimson and Clover Studio

Installed the app and at first, I was like wow look at all these sales. Their analytics made it look like it was working. After a few weeks, I realized the product recommendations were linking to my press page. NOT the products. When I asked them how their analytics was tracking if it wasn't going to the product, I received a nonsensical answer with no concrete explanation. I decided to keep Limespot a little longer to see if I could measure it against other analytics tools I have. Then I realized it's showing products that are in draft status and have been removed from the online store channel. They claim to use AI, but the app is showing items that haven't been on sale in a month? That makes no sense. At this point, I have no choice except to conclude this app is a scam and their analytics are senseless.

May 31, 2021

I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment with us, and I would like to personally assist you with making things right. We have sent you an email follow up already addressing your concerns.

Logpile

Totally misleading charging structure. I am reporting this to Shopify. Be warned - you will be charged hundreds of dollars per month more than advertised!!! Do not install this app.

March 2, 2021

UPDATE: After deep investigation, we have found that this customer has been using our product for 8 months with top results, and this is the first time we are hearing about any issues with our product or our pricing. Our detailed pricing tiers can be found at https://www.limespot.com/pricing-calculator?plan=silver. We're sorry that this customer felt this way.

Hello. I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment with us, and I would like to personally assist you with making things right. It is in no intention for us to mislead users on our pricing.

One of our teammates from the Customer Support team have tried to reach you at the provided phone number, but was not successful. Please kindly reach out to us at support@limespot.com, we value your business.

Sybotanica

Great app for upselling, very friendly and communicative staff! The content is customizable to match any theme. Would recommend to a friend.

March 2, 2021

Thank you so much for your feedback, you put a big smile on our faces! Our team is hard at work trying to continuously improve our product and it’s always rewarding to hear kind words. We love that you love us :)

Hilo and Bobbin

Disappointed with this app. It looks great but doesn't function with current products and prices. Products which have been archived still show up in the upsell box and sale prices don't show up either. I've reached out a few times for help with no response at all. not worth the hassle.

December 22, 2020

We’re deeply sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies. We are committed to providing great customer service and we would like to make things right.

After some investigation, we realized that we have not been receiving your emails due to some technical issues with the "Get Support" function via this app page. Our Customer Success team always replies at support@limespot.com. Please expect an email from us shortly to determine how we can provide you with a solution. We value our customers’ opinions and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Listogrill

I am trying this app since 3,5 days now and want to share my experience as I am highly disappointed. Why I give 1 star is because this app is seriously hurting my business and when I tried to talk with the customer service they were not interested at all to help me.

My problems:
- when someone added a product via the products shown from the app and abandoned the cart, this abandoned carts are not shown in shopify, so there is no possibility to follow up with them.

- the figures "added to cart" and "reached checkout" increased very nice which was wonderful to see, but unfortunately the final conversion rate decreased from 0,9% to 0,42% which really hurts our business! I dont know why there is this drop in final conversions, I did a lot of testing and finally tried to reach out the customer service of LimeSpot to see if they could help me. I wrote a very detailed description of my problem, but the responses where anything else than satisfying. They ignored my points, gave me very strange answers and said that they just dont track abandoned carts and "wheter people finally buy or not is not up to them"... ähm okay, but if because of them the people dont buy its really bad I would say...

August 18, 2020

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with us, and we would like to personally assist you with making things right. After our call and addressing your concerns, the next step is getting in touch with Shopify and having them investigate the issue regarding abandoned carts not being shown in Shopify analytics. We value your business and hope to get a response from them as soon as possible.

Wendy Jewelry

Awfull, the sale circle was shown under the images , and now that it delet it there shit is still stuck on my website, DO NOT ADD THIS APP

April 27, 2020

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience. We’re normally known for our exceptional detail to customizations, and we regret that we missed the mark. Our team has reached out via email to answer your concerns. Thank you.

Perfume Philippines

I SAVED more than $700 per month being charged with this app for my two Shopify stores by REMOVING this app.

What I did?
1. Install theme with built it features of recently viewed, you may like it.
2. Install frequently bought together app for $6.99 per month.

That's it!

I saw negative feedback last august 18, 2019 questioning why this app is charging so much where we can get it by free or for a very cheap price. AND he's RIGHT!

I posted negative feedback because I wasted a lot of money using this app for months!

P.S. My revenue didn't drop. I'm getting the same revenue or even better. .

September 6, 2019

We are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with our app. Our app is fully automated and AI-driven where we generate personalized recommendations based on shopper's activities, and preferences. It is much more than You May Like, Frequently Bought Together, and recently viewed product carousels because we pride ourselves on being able to dynamically target shoppers with the right products at the right time and price point. Not all recommendations are created equal and that is what separates between us and our competitors.

Regarding our pricing, we hear our customers about this and are actually in the process of changing our pricing model to better match the needs of various types of stores, especially smaller stores with a more restricted budget. At LimeSpot we are committed to fair, honest pricing because we value our customers and truly appreciate the time to share your opinions. Please watch out for that if you are still interested in using our app in the future.

You can expect an email from someone on our Customer Care team soon to address your issues.

Alice & Blair

Really don't believe the 4.9* review...

I suggest you click on the 1* ratings and read through before you make a judgement on whether this will genuinely increase revenue or not.

I would have give you 2* because the support is good and you do try your best however:
1. I have uninstalled and all these carousels will not leave my site
2. that same bug still exists that I have reported numerous times
3. you can get a 'view recent product carousel' for free, or at least very cheaply, which will essentially do the same thing
4. you can get a cross sell app for free which I believe is bette rthan your super clunky and confusing one.

It COULD be a really good app, if:
a) you weren't greedy on pricing
b) it wasn't buggy

NOW I WOULD BE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL IF ONE OF THE DEVS WOULD PLEASE GET IN TOUCH AND REMOVE ALL THIS LIMESPOT JUNK OFF MY WEBSITE AS A PRIORITY!!!

August 20, 2019

Sorry to hear about your experience with our app and the confusion as to what our platform has to offer.

Although it is usually real-time, sometimes Shopify uninstall notification webhooks may take a few minutes to deliver to our servers. Hence the carousels may stay on your store for a short period of time before they disappear after uninstall. Once we received your review and our engineers looked at your store, the uninstall was already reflected and your store was clear of our components.

Our app is fully automated and AI-driven where we generate personalized recommendations based on shopper's activities, and preferences. It is much more than cross-sell carousels and recently viewed product carousels, but we understand that we failed communicating the value and will work hard on avoiding this in the future. You can definitely manually achieve some of the things with other simpler products, but being able to dynamically target your shoppers with the right products would definitely be more sophisticated than those.

As for the customization that you had an issue with, our app has a feature called Box Designer, where you can do all the customizations on our recommendation boxes. We strive to provide documentation and online material to enable our users to take care of their requirements in addition to our 24 hour support that is there to help our clients. That is how we have achieved the 4.9* ranking from more than a thousand happy customers.

On the last note about pricing, we hear our customers about this and are actually in the process of revising our pricing model to better match the needs of different kinds of stores, specially smaller stores with stricter budget. Please watch out for that if you are still interested in using our app in the future.

Adel Paris

Nothing special about this app.

Cons -

A few things you should consider-
1. There are free apps that do the same product recommendations and perform just as good, FOR FREE>
2. Limespot charges you for recently viewed items as well. Meaning - if you enable the recently view widget, and someone viewed your product and then clicked on recently viewed items box and ends purchases, they will charge 2% commission for it. 2% EXTRA from your total sale. That's the same as the processing fee you are paying.
Most of the generated revenue comes from this box.
3. Be sure to measure your overall website conversion rate to see if it's worth it. They will report that they are bringing you tons of extra revenue, but in fact they aren't.
They are piggy backing existing buyers and taking a commission for it.
You can use a/b test tools like convert to see if they actually provide an uplift in sales and conversion rate.Based on my testing, the conversion rate and all important metrics stay the same, with or without the app.

Bottom line - if they are not providing at least a 8-10% better conversion rate, average order rate and total sales, it won't even cover their fees.

Pros -their customer service is pretty nice.

July 23, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We always try to improve our app based on our customer's feedback. Therefore, we reviewed your app dashboard and realized you were not using our Recently Viewed box nor paid for the conversions from this feature. We do hear your feedback, and try our best to provide full transparency about our pricing and how we calculate what is considered as a LimeSpot Driven Revenue, which you can read on our Shopify App Description, Pricing Page, Help Center Articles, etc. Sorry that you feel like our app is piggy backing on your sales, however, we strive to increase the conversion rates of our customers' stores and that is what we charge for. We also have our A/B test tools to help our customers understand the ROI we deliver. We are in the process of revising our pricing model to better match the needs of smaller stores, including an always-free plan that will be coming up very soon.

Previous 1 3 4