Mailchimp: Email Marketing

Drive traffic and sales with email and marketing automation

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Glitzermoment GmbH

Location Hong Kong SAR

Was sollen diese preise? Was sollen diese preise? Was sollen diese preise? Was sollen diese preise?

System76, Inc

Shortly after we set up this integration for a test store we started receiving complaints from our customers that their emails were getting spam. These were people who set up aliases at their own domains like companyname@mydomain.net, so it was plain who was compromising their emails. We went through several internal audits trying to figure out where these emails were being exposed but found nothing until a new developer came along and asked about a weird web hook installed on our mailchimp account that posted user data to app.shopsync.io. shopsync.io is a dead domain but the app subdomain does return a 200/OK when you hit it. We removed the app from Shopify and that removal deleted the web hook from Mailchimp. We haven't received any customer complaints for accounts created since we removed this integration.

August 22, 2022

Hi System76, we appreciate the feedback. We're trying to get our heads around how the app was sending spam to your customers as described. The integration between Mailchimp and Shopify syncs data from your store to a Mailchimp Audience; we don't send any emails on your behalf. The domain "shopsync" is a company we acquired last year, whose technologies are still the fundamentals around the app. We'd welcome further dialogue about this matter by contacting us via support.

Spike and Crown Studios

Time spent using app About 16 hours

Mailchimp is a shady platform that provides little to no support when something goes wrong. After installing the app to my shopify and spending time trying to understand the platform, I've received a notice that suddenly I'm in violation for a reason they will not disclose. Then they kick you out. No app support, lack of transparency, and no empathy make this a solid "NO" from me.

charmnook

Location China

rubbish, my account just finished topping up, i contacted them at least 6-7 times, no one got back to me, helped me out, they charged me $124 and disappeared, i can provide a screenshot of my email, i promise It's true, plus, Mailchimp is expensive these days and the experience is getting worse, I definitely don't recommend it! ! ! !

May 19, 2022

Thank you for your review. We've reached out to you via email to provide a way for you to get some help with your account and billing.

NSOD Clothing

Time spent using app About 2 years

Having several issues with the integration with the subscribe options on our site. Have contacted mailchimp but do not have the best response time.

Anastasia Boutique

Time spent using app Almost 3 years

For all last week trying to reconnect to my account but my emails and articles aren't there contacted several times support but each time received answers
with questions rather than answers!
Not abel to contact by phone although I have paid for pro account $90.00
No phone number exist?

Caspar Curiosities

Time spent using app Over 1 year

They are very expensive and offer no support until you pay for a plan. Then theres these content blocks that get added automatically. I dont know how someone could actually pay $11 a month... Be prepared to be charged the first $70+ the first month for their cheapest plan... Oh! And now that you paid, you can get support, right? Well, not really. I have never once received a response to my emailed support tickets and the chat is a huge joke. Expect to be online with them, getting absolutely no answers, for about 2 hours before they say they have to escalate it and to expect a response by email... However, there will be no email, as previously mentioned. And there huge glitches with their automations. One random day in December they sent Welcome emails to 7000 of my customers and have yet to explain why this happened. They have been sending abandoned cart emails to customers 5 hours after that customer completes a purchase. When I tried to test it myself, I received an abandoned cart email 24 hours after I abandoned my cart (when it is set to 5 hours) and its missing whole blocks of personalized product recommendations. When I check on mailchimp, the blocks are there... This is extremely embarrassing to my brand and I will be moving to a different company.

Ultimate Modelling Products

Time spent using app Over 2 years

Used to be good and for a great price, but have continuously increased the pricing so that they are now one of the most expensive for fewer extras than their competitors. Have been with Mailchimp for over 7 years, but the last price hike was one too many I'm afraid. Now moving to another company!

June 2, 2022

Hey there. We understand that it can be frustrating to pay for features you don’t use. We’ve made significant improvements to our platform experience, our core email offerings, and launched features like our Customer Journey Builder, AI-enabled content tools, and more app integrations to help our customers solve their biggest challenges and run and grow their businesses more effectively. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to take a look at our What's New page to discover tools that can help increase engagement with your contacts:

If you’re looking to lower your price, we encourage you to review your current plan type, contact tier, and audience size to determine if it’s bigger than you need. You can try re-engaging inactive subscribed contacts and archiving those who don’t respond. This may reduce the number of contacts in your billable audience, allowing for a smaller contact tier, which will reduce your monthly price.
Re-Engage Inactive Subscribers: https://eepurl.com/dyimpT
Archive Inactive Contacts: https://eepurl.com/dyimtX

Take care

Beautiful Bundles

Location Australia

Worst app experience. Shopify customer first and last name don't map to Mailchimp - it takes the default shipping first and last name. This was already an issue when the app was still ShopSync hence why we stopped using it. When Mailchimp bought the app, one Mailchimp representative admitted to the glitch and said they've introduced new mapping fields so that the billing address first and last name could be used instead. This also doesn't work. We've been sending dozens of emails back and forth with Mailchimp for the last 2+ months trying to help them with their troubleshooting and have gone from Mailchimp accepting that something isn't working right to be told that there's nothing they can or will do and we'll have to try our luck with the Shopify team instead (when exporting customers from Shopify the customer first and last name are correct in the CSV - just not when using the Mailchimp integration). Stay as far away from this app as possible as all it will do is mess up your audience and merge tags.

January 20, 2022

Hi there, we responded to you via a support ticket, but we'd like to also post something publicly here for others to digest if they're trying to use something else other than the customer shipping information for their Mailchimp contact.

When a customer checks out from Shopify, the shipping address is saved as the customers "default address" which is used for the customer update coming to Mailchimp. Unfortunately, Shopify does not allow the store owner to change this setting, forcing us to push that over as the customer's address.

We could temporarily override the customer address by using the order's billing address. However, the problem with this approach is that the customer's data in Shopify will still be using the shipping address. If we get another hook for the customer for any reason, it will then switch it back to the shipping address, making this a challenging process to support.

At the moment, our hands are a bit tied with how the Shopify data is coming to us, and we would recommend this to be fixed by Shopify. We hope that this API logic will change in the future.

We understand this technical matter may need clarification for various use-cases. If users have additional questions, please reach out to our support desk at mc4shopifysupport@mailchimp.com.

Beeboobuzz

Time spent using app Over 2 years

I seem to have lost the majority of my subscribers since this change was made. This needs fixing asap and it's not good enough.

December 17, 2021

We’d certainly want to investigate further if you’re missing subscribers. Can you drop us a note at mc4shopifysupport@mailchimp.com?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9