Mailchimp: Email Marketing

Drive traffic and sales with email and marketing automation

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Spike and Crown Studios

Mailchimp is a shady platform that provides little to no support when something goes wrong. After installing the app to my shopify and spending time trying to understand the platform, I've received a notice that suddenly I'm in violation for a reason they will not disclose. Then they kick you out. No app support, lack of transparency, and no empathy make this a solid "NO" from me.

charmnook

Location China

rubbish, my account just finished topping up, i contacted them at least 6-7 times, no one got back to me, helped me out, they charged me $124 and disappeared, i can provide a screenshot of my email, i promise It's true, plus, Mailchimp is expensive these days and the experience is getting worse, I definitely don't recommend it! ! ! !

May 19, 2022

Thank you for your review. We've reached out to you via email to provide a way for you to get some help with your account and billing.

NSOD Clothing

Having several issues with the integration with the subscribe options on our site. Have contacted mailchimp but do not have the best response time.

Anastasia Boutique

For all last week trying to reconnect to my account but my emails and articles aren't there contacted several times support but each time received answers
with questions rather than answers!
Not abel to contact by phone although I have paid for pro account $90.00
No phone number exist?

Caspar Curiosities

They are very expensive and offer no support until you pay for a plan. Then theres these content blocks that get added automatically. I dont know how someone could actually pay $11 a month... Be prepared to be charged the first $70+ the first month for their cheapest plan... Oh! And now that you paid, you can get support, right? Well, not really. I have never once received a response to my emailed support tickets and the chat is a huge joke. Expect to be online with them, getting absolutely no answers, for about 2 hours before they say they have to escalate it and to expect a response by email... However, there will be no email, as previously mentioned. And there huge glitches with their automations. One random day in December they sent Welcome emails to 7000 of my customers and have yet to explain why this happened. They have been sending abandoned cart emails to customers 5 hours after that customer completes a purchase. When I tried to test it myself, I received an abandoned cart email 24 hours after I abandoned my cart (when it is set to 5 hours) and its missing whole blocks of personalized product recommendations. When I check on mailchimp, the blocks are there... This is extremely embarrassing to my brand and I will be moving to a different company.

Ultimate Modelling Products

Used to be good and for a great price, but have continuously increased the pricing so that they are now one of the most expensive for fewer extras than their competitors. Have been with Mailchimp for over 7 years, but the last price hike was one too many I'm afraid. Now moving to another company!

June 2, 2022

Hey there. We understand that it can be frustrating to pay for features you don’t use. We’ve made significant improvements to our platform experience, our core email offerings, and launched features like our Customer Journey Builder, AI-enabled content tools, and more app integrations to help our customers solve their biggest challenges and run and grow their businesses more effectively. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to take a look at our What's New page to discover tools that can help increase engagement with your contacts:

If you’re looking to lower your price, we encourage you to review your current plan type, contact tier, and audience size to determine if it’s bigger than you need. You can try re-engaging inactive subscribed contacts and archiving those who don’t respond. This may reduce the number of contacts in your billable audience, allowing for a smaller contact tier, which will reduce your monthly price.
Re-Engage Inactive Subscribers: https://eepurl.com/dyimpT
Archive Inactive Contacts: https://eepurl.com/dyimtX

Take care

Beautiful Bundles

Worst app experience. Shopify customer first and last name don't map to Mailchimp - it takes the default shipping first and last name. This was already an issue when the app was still ShopSync hence why we stopped using it. When Mailchimp bought the app, one Mailchimp representative admitted to the glitch and said they've introduced new mapping fields so that the billing address first and last name could be used instead. This also doesn't work. We've been sending dozens of emails back and forth with Mailchimp for the last 2+ months trying to help them with their troubleshooting and have gone from Mailchimp accepting that something isn't working right to be told that there's nothing they can or will do and we'll have to try our luck with the Shopify team instead (when exporting customers from Shopify the customer first and last name are correct in the CSV - just not when using the Mailchimp integration). Stay as far away from this app as possible as all it will do is mess up your audience and merge tags.

January 20, 2022

Hi there, we responded to you via a support ticket, but we'd like to also post something publicly here for others to digest if they're trying to use something else other than the customer shipping information for their Mailchimp contact.

When a customer checks out from Shopify, the shipping address is saved as the customers "default address" which is used for the customer update coming to Mailchimp. Unfortunately, Shopify does not allow the store owner to change this setting, forcing us to push that over as the customer's address.

We could temporarily override the customer address by using the order's billing address. However, the problem with this approach is that the customer's data in Shopify will still be using the shipping address. If we get another hook for the customer for any reason, it will then switch it back to the shipping address, making this a challenging process to support.

At the moment, our hands are a bit tied with how the Shopify data is coming to us, and we would recommend this to be fixed by Shopify. We hope that this API logic will change in the future.

We understand this technical matter may need clarification for various use-cases. If users have additional questions, please reach out to our support desk at mc4shopifysupport@mailchimp.com.

Beeboobuzz

I seem to have lost the majority of my subscribers since this change was made. This needs fixing asap and it's not good enough.

December 17, 2021

We’d certainly want to investigate further if you’re missing subscribers. Can you drop us a note at mc4shopifysupport@mailchimp.com?

EPOCHBG

The app does not sync tag information when forcing the resync of the account. This was occurring before Shopify (or mailchimp) bought the app and it still has not been fixed. And now "subscribed" does not sync over.

December 15, 2021

Thank you for your review. Tags should indeed be syncing over. However, there can be a few different reasons why they might not make it. A common one is that the tag must be set on the Shopify customer profile in order for the Mailchimp app to recognize and sync it. We've reached out to you via email to troubleshoot further. And if for any reason it didn't make it to you feel free to send a message to mc4shopifysupport@mailchimp.com

Twinkled T

Do not download and DELETE this app from your Shopify store immediately. They have resubscribed thousands of customers ranging back from 5+ years ago who have unsubscribed from my emails. Upon emailing them about it and asking them to call me immediately, they informed me that phone calls are only for premium plans. WHAT? Had to delete it immediately, and continue to apologize to thousands of customers.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9