Mechanic

Workflow Automation & Development Platform: Save Time, Grow!

From $9/month. 15-day free trial.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Colour Paradise Greenhouses

There are a couple of apps I, as a developer, recommend for every Shopify store. OrderlyEmails is one of them. And now, Mechanic is another one of them.

Mechanic exists to automate your chores and improve workflows. Do you need a nightly report of products that went out of stock? Or maybe you want an immediate notification when a staff (or you!) created a free product on your website? Maybe you want to know if products are missing images. Or for us, how we wanted to know the tally of orders marked with a specific date and 'Pickup Order' so we could judge how many orders are for pickup everyday. Or another favourite -- how much of each product do I need to fulfill all my pending orders?

The possibilities are limitless with Mechanic, and the best part is -- all of the above which would've been separate apps, come under one beautiful app which does exactly what you want to do without fiddling with anything.

This app is wonderful on its own with its several hundred built-in tasks. The app is on steroids if you have a developer who will write custom tasks for you. I cannot wait to see where this app goes.

- Dev helping a friend who is thankful for having discovered this app

Jazz Night School

This is exactly what people like me (a non-coder) need - a way to control costs by doing as much work by themselves. The functionality of this app is almost unbelievable. Being able to create tasks that run automatically or can be triggered manually will be an incredible time saver AND improve overall data integrity within the system-- our reports and communications will be far more consistent and targeted. General maintenance of the site will be cut by 75%. The customer service is amazing - they are responsive not only about the question at hand, but truly want to understand your needs so they can offer ideas to help you. They even direct you to various support networks they've set up. I've learned so much just by creating a few tasks. The variable cost option is a testament to this app's desire to serve the Shopify small businesses and non-profit communities. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" comes to mind...thank you for a great app!

La Boutique MOSO

Location France

Best app I use for my store: if you are not a developper, you can use one of the numerous pre-made tasks. Many of them are incredibly useful and fulfill tasks for which you would usually need to pay for a dedicated app => you can save money and stop buying apps for every single feature you need.
I you are a developper, you can do stuff that are so advanced, you can pretty much do almost everything you need.
And also the support is incredible. I have asked for help numerous times because I am a clumsy developper, and I was always assisted with detailed instructions way beyond what you could ask for a support team.

TuaPrata

Location Portugal

this app is amazing... so usefull!!!! you dont have ideia!!! super programmers very good job here! keep rocking! take my money!

REFInstitute

Location Taiwan

This apps' developers know what shop owners need. You can find many function of it and save your time very well.

Joon+Co.

I love this developer-friendly powerful app. It does exactly what it says, and automates things based on specific logical conditions. I'm using this for managing customer tags, auto-fulfilling certain orders, handling the membership approval and removal of my site, and it hasn't let me down yet. In fact, looking at the catalogue of possible automations is quite the fun rabbit hole to get distracted playing with. The flexibility and reliability are exactly what I was hoping for. The customer support is AMAZING. I am seriously impressed with the developer's commitment to support their software in a personable, humble, and reliable way. I can't say enough great things about this app and the developer. I'm using locksmith (also from this developer), mechanic, and a membership payment processing app (from a different developer), so if this developer were to make one of the latter, I'd switch over in a heartbeat.

Investable Oceans

This is an extremely well designed app that gives you tremendous functionality. Some of the extensions they have added to Liquid to help you write tasks are so valuable - hash, array, cache, parse_jason - I wish they would be added to core Shopify Liquid! The documentation is extensive and Isaac is extremely responsive. Tasks that I expected I would have to automate outside Shopify using serverless AWS are now all implemented inside Mechanic - making my life much easier.

Leesi B.

Time spent using app About 2 months

Hands down the #1 most useful app I have ever installed. If you're a developer I guarantee you're especially going to love this app because you can literally write your own automated tasks to do whatever you want to do - in liquid-style code - how cool! No need to install 30 different apps to perform a bunch of automated tasks - you can write your own tasks or use many of the ones the Mechanic team provides! Worth every penny. There is no other app of its kind on the app store that I've seen. There's a lot of functionality in this app - I highly recommend spending time playing around with the tasks included with Mechanic and using them as templates to create your own tasks. Documentation is great and the support we've gotten from Isaac's is absolutely amazing. 1000x thank you for creating this app!

PJ's Games

Mechanic has allowed us to add complex functionality to our site that would've only been possible by creating a custom app. A core part of our business requires data from external APIs and Mechanic allowed us to develop custom tasks to connect to these sources seamlessly. We were able to easily convert our business logic into the necessary custom tasks and streamline our workflow. We could focus on developing the tasks without the need to worry about all the underlying infrastructure which was great. Another added benefit has been the team at Mechanic, it is like having another developer on your team as they are very responsive to any questions you might have and are amazingly quick to add functionality to Mechanic. Additionally, through the use of this app we have been able to uninstall 2 other apps and replace their functionality with Mechanic saving us time and money. An indispensable app for us!

CharcoalGoods

Time spent using app Over 1 year

We've been using this app for months now. Mechanic allowed us to get rid of three other apps and best of all it works behind the scenes. No integration with our theme was required. Incredible tech support as well!