All resources types supported
Create, edit and delete the metafields for all the available store resources.
Quickly find the resource you need using the built-in search algorithm.
Native design and security
Familiar, simple and user-friendly design. All the data is being securely processed by Shopify, no third-party servers or apps involved.
About Metafields Guru
The metafields object is a powerful tool that allows users to expand the standard Shopify functionality, modify themes and integrate custom apps by adding additional data to the main resources such as products, collections, customers, orders, blogs, pages and the shop itself.
Metafield Guru allows you to create, update and delete metafields for products (variants included), both smart and custom collections, customers, orders (draft orders included), blogs, pages and the shop directly from the admin panel of your Shopify store.
- 4 November 2019 | New search algorithm to easily find the needed resource using key words (e.g. product sku, barcode etc). Direct navigation to the app from the product collections and variants pages with “More actions” button in Shopify admin panel. Ability to switch to the product variants’ metafields and preview the product from the metafields editor page. Multiple resource types (products and variants, collections, customers and orders) now have a label with the metafields count.
- 26 October 2019 | Security improvements.
- 6 August 2019 | API permissions manager released. This feature allows users to choose the resources they want provide the access to. The permissions may be changed anytime in the “settings” tab if necessary.
- 4 July 2019 | HTML table generator for visual code editor released.
- 26 June 2019 | Shopify Liquid code generator released. This feature makes using metafields in the theme easier and faster.
- 27 May 2019 | New features added: knowledge base, default settings for the new Metafields. Minor bugs fixes and general performance improvements.
- 19 May 2019 | Visual code editor released. General performance improvements.
- What the metafileds are used for?
Metafields may be used to add and store custom information for products (variants included), both smart and custom collections, customers, orders (draft orders included), blogs, pages and shop. Besides, metafields may be used in custom themes and apps to display, for instance, additional data for products, collections or any other resource as well.
- How do I use the metafileds in my shop's theme?
You may want to follow the official tutorial from Shopify or delegate the job to the professional developers. Us, for example ;)
- Are the metafileds used for SEO?
Unfortunately, no. The metafields object is an internal Shopify feature that is not being involved into the SEO processes.
Overall rating Based on 20 reviews
Most recent reviews
Pura Fibra Gear
Super happy with their app. Easy to use, helpful. Excellent. Fully recommend if you need to add any metafields or tags to your customers or products.
Thanks you so much!
My website guy installed this app to do some extra display features. However, when I needed to update some SKUs, I had minimal understanding about how to use it! I contacted support @ 256 and they were VERY helpful! They took a look at what I was trying to do and gave me critical feedback that will allow me to get the issue solved and the SKUs up and running. Super impressed and grateful! Thanks guys!!
saved me lot of time getting new layouts - happy with that and i wish they can add lead gen pages - that will be amazing