Modalyst

Modalyst

by Modalyst

Dropship Premium Suppliers & Brands. Fast Shipping

That Urban Boutique

This use to be a great app! But it quickly became over run with thousands of low quality products... It became near impossible to find good quality items to add to my shop.

The 2nd major issue is that this app had major Inventory tracking issues. I had to cancel order after order because inventory that was out of stock was still showing in stock in their app. I contacted customer support multiple times about this and they always blamed it on SHEIN..

I would have been profitable if it wasn't for the sync errors.. I paid $30 a month for an app that was broken.

XBODY USA

This app can only be used for one Shopify store at the time! If you want to source dropshipping products for two different stores, you have to uninstall and delete the app from one store, before installing it for another store. Extreme limitation and out of the question for our us!

Model for Less

Beware of Modalyst. Their vendors do not follow guidelines & include their own information inside of the package, with pricing! I placed a test order from one of their US-based vendors who is considered an Independent Brand, and who offers returns. Modalyst guarantees that Independent Brands will blind ship, but will include an invoice WITHOUT pricing inside, with your store logo.

When the item arrived, this wasn't the case. The item's label was from the vendor, which would be super confusing in the first place if you were the customer thinking you ordered an item from my store, and it comes from another. Then, inside wasn't a nice invoice with my store logo. Instead, it was an invoice WITH PRICING and with all the boutique's information and website. Horrible. On top of that, the sweatshirt was drenched in vinegar and smelled up my whole house.

I requested a return several times from the vendor who supposedly offers returns in 14 days. They NEVER responded to me at all. I then contacted Modalyst and not even their CEO, Jill, has bothered to get back with me. She asked me to send her all the details, but I have followed up with her now a couple times and she went MIA. I even had to try and dispute the charge with my bank, which ultimately didn't work. So now I'm stuck with an item that I should have been able to return, but couldn't due to a shady vendor and no response from Modalyst.

The $30 fee is totally not worth it. The items are way marked up and in order to make any profit, you'd basically have to sell them at higher than retail. Who in their right mind would pay for that as a customer?

This has been a complete disaster and I am very disappointed in the fact that I paid even a cent for membership, as they do not comply with their terms.

MOAC SHOP

I hope people should not use this application, the service is too bad Currently I do not know how to remove my card from this service

forloveandhappiness

Even I paid an order to the suppliers, they don't response in a reasonable time even i keep reminding them in the Madalyst system. After waiting for they reply for like 7 days, i left a message in their official web site, then they replied. I sent an email to support to Modalyst for 3 days now, and they still don't response to my email ... ... ...

Rosewhip

UPDATE!! Down to 1 star! This is getting ridiculous. After uploading several products on their free plan, which incidentally requires a very hefty 5% transaction fee, they suddenly decided to basically trap their users by limiting the number of imported products to 25 on the free plan. This seems more like extortion. Given the very high monthly fee, their lack of support and ignoring of messages, the oftentimes no margin and sometimes higher dropshipping price of goods compared to the brand's website, the ridiculous amount of aliexpress dropshippers candidly named as 3rd party sellers, I strongly suggest to STAY AWAY from this app.

As an alternative, use Syncee. Even though the software is not as intuitive as modalyst and it lacks some functions, the support has always been there for me, the price is reasonable and you can probably find better products there.

I would rate this 2 and a half stars just because the integration platform is good. The rest of the stars they lose with the overpriced goods, expensive subscription + transaction fee model, 3rd party sellers that are basically aliexpress dropshisppers, and overexpensive goods from designers. For example leather jackets can be found elsewhere for cheaper, some from the own supplier's website. That is extremely ridiculous, especially since the brand name of the supplier is gonna be stitched on the garment.

You have to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL about the products you put on your website. Third party suppliers are basically aliexpress dropshippers, and if you are using them to dropship, you get the idea. First of all the goods will be coming from China and this would contribute to shipping delays. Second of all, subpar quality, and third the customer will know where it came from. Customers aren't stupid, they will eventually figure it out you sold from aliexpress.

I am a bit wary of their customer service as they only answered one of my questions when I was a premium subscriber. Downgraded to the free account since I do not need their premium products, have received no answer for my concerns. In addition, their premium subscription is too high given that I can find most of the premium suppliers on another app for much less and with no transaction fee. Now imagine, you pay shopify, you pay shopify transaction fee, you pay modalyst, you pay modalyst transaction fee. Might as well give up because you are never making any money.

All in all, tread carefully with this app. I will still keep using the free version since I find it useful in some cases, but users should be warned about the downsides.

NOX LA NUIT

TIME WASTER! Awful customer service, it took 5 days to reply a question that did about pricing (to finally set up my store). They replied 5 days after and just giving me an article that doesn't address my problem. I'm just wondering if After 5 days, did they even take the time to read clearly my question?

My Shopping Bay

I installed the app and had to give my credit card to see more options. When I gave my credit card, I just discovered a lot of things were out of stock. I uninstalled the app and contacted the Modalyst support team right away not to charge my card.

A month has passed, they have charged my card and they sent me an email that they charged again the second time. It has been over a month and no one has replied to my email from the support team.

It is the most useless app I have come across. I do not know how to get in touch with them so that they can stop charging my card.

I have used so many apps but have never come across a terrible customer support like Modalyst.

I hope they read my review and do something about the refund and stop charging my card.

Glam Kitten

The app seemed to nice, lots of options. But you have zero support! They just don't answer your questions. After leaving them several messages, no one responded. Won't be using this app anymore.

I just canceled this subscription after realizing that the whole sale price is ridiculous! Don’t waste your time or money!!

Previous 1 3