Modalyst ‑ Dropshipping

Modalyst ‑ Dropshipping

by Modalyst

USA Suppliers, AliExpress Partner, POD, & Custom Branding

Xavier Beth Company

80% of their products are symbolized with the confederate flag. At this country state of racism I am disappointment a company would sell stuff like that Just Sad

February 28, 2020

Hi Xavier Beth Company,

I am Alain Miguel, the co-founder of Modalyst.

Before anything, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We value your opinion, especially when it has to do with your strong reaction to the types of products listed on our Marketplace.

Your feelings are paramount, and I'm sorry you were disappointed with the items highlighting symbols of the Confederacy.

We will review as a team the 84 items on our site that have these symbols and make a decision soon about their appropriateneess to remain on the platform.

Thank you again.

Alain

Arnone Boutique

(UPDATE UPDATE REVIEW)

I get a call from the local posted I owe postage of $2.19 for the Mom Jeans. I have to go to the post office to pick up the item and pay again. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS. THEY ARE HORRIBLE! VERY DISAPPOINTED. SHOPIFY GET BETTER USA DROP SHIPPERS PLEASE!

(UPDATE REVIEW!)

I thought I would give this one more try. I ordered the mom Jeans as a sample and then 5 days later it was processed. Then takes over a week to get my items. (8 days). The process is way too long. Still waiting for the Jeans to be delivered. If my customers would have to wait this long? The question is I thought this was USA drop shipping I guess it is not. Sorry Modalyst. I can not do a try 3. Very disappointed. Shopify needs more USA dropshippers for our online boutique businesses.

(ORIGINAL REVIEW)

The site is easy to use! Everything looks cute! This is the first time using Modalyst and very disappointed. I ordered the Maroon Sunglasses as a sample item.

1) The item arrived by USPS and I had to pay for additional postage in order to receive it (this is not good for potential customers). You had the items weight at 8oz and via USPS states it was 10 oz. I had to pay $2.19

2) The items received are incorrect. I ordered to Alicia Maroon Sunglasses and I received some weird hot pink & zebra print sunglasses. Nothing at all close to the glasses I have listed on my website. (again this is not good for potential customers).

Please change my mind that this is not how all your products are being sent out & delivered?

February 28, 2020

Hi Robyn,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations. We would love to understand in greater detail what happened so we can properly address every issue with the suppliers involved.

For example, the shipping times. It sounds like there is a misunderstanding about how shipping times work. The denim item you ordered is from a supplier based in Spain. The item was shipped from Spain to the USA. This is international shipping, and it is written as such on the item detail page of Modalyst. Moreoever, I believe the item was received by you within 8 business days. If it was more than 8 business days, please let me know. From prior messages, I understood it to be 8 business days. If you were looking for super fast shipping, then our distributor of brand name items in Europe is the best option. They deliver in under 4 business days.

With respect to the wrong item, we are sorry about that. That is certainly frustrating. Were you also underwhelmed by our Customer Support and response to the matter? If I recall, our Supplier team stepped in right away and helped connect you to the supplier.

It was my understanding that the resolution was swift. If that wasn't the case, please let us know.

LuxFab Outlet

Modalyst is one of the better apps I've seen on the marketplace, meaning the app quality and usability is actually good. The problem I have with Modalyst is with their vendors/suppliers, the product they offer to Modalyst and with how bad the product data is. Most of the "premium/brand name" products only have 1 qty (always less than 3).

I contacted Modalyst support due to a product data issue, and the support team was very responsive. The vendor/supplier was a joke though. Their response was "we apologise for this inconvenience but our softwear hasn't all commodities categories. We can't change your decision but kindly note all e-commerce customers usually pay their attention at the pictures (not always at written words)."

I'm deleting the app now. What's the point of a good shopify app if the there isn't very much product to sell and especially if the product data is terrible.

cheslavshop

Hi, I just can't start selling. The payment button does not work. Many times turned to support. There is no help. However, due to the slow and ineffective support for a simple problem, I think that I will leave and remove Modalyst from my store. Although I like the goods. The help desk cannot solve my problem. There are a few more days to make a decision.

Pet Lovers Gift Shop

Very messy app! Our store was suddenly not recognised, tried to re-connect it, then the whole import list and all the products were lost. Modalyst has not been able to sort it out for days. Very unprofessional.

Aila Rain

Horrible app!! I would not trust the vendors on this app at all. I had a customer order 2 items. One item took forever to be shipped and the vendor would not reply to my emails until I contacted Modalyst about them. The other vendor shipped an item that looked nothing like the pictures. I ended up having to refund my customer for the entire order due to her dissatisfaction with the purchase.

Also, just a few days ago, the brand that took forever to ship an item was completely deleted from my shop without warning!!! Luckily Modalyst is not the only supply app I use. But I feel really bad for those that spent hours adding those products to their store, only to have them all DELETED suddenly.

I uninstalled the app and asked to be refunded for the app fee I paid since I actually lost money during my subscription (I had only had the app installed for about 2 weeks). Of course, customer service has yet to reply to that email and will not refund my money. Very untrustworthy app and I will never use it again.

November 22, 2019

Hi Karice,

Thank you for the feedback. Again, we are very sorry about the experience you had with the suppliers in question. It is not our standard, and we will do our best to resolve it right away. As far as your billing, I believe our cofounder is in touch with you and will help finalize your refund request as soon as possible.

If you have further questions, please feel free to email him directly at alain@modalyst.co.

Duncan's Gifts & Gadgets

I woke up this morning to discover that Modalyst (with their stupid name) deleted an entire product brand that I had spent hours setting up on my store. There was no warning or indication that they would do this. Now I have to scramble to find products to replace the ones they removed, or find a distributor that also carries the product brand they wiped out. This is not how you build a relationship with your retailers!! Not to mention their prices are so outrageous that you have no room to compete with other retailers selling the same products.

SUN-IMPERIAL

An absolutely HORRIBLE site/app, customer service, and tech team. I had the unlimited plan for 3 years now  - paid $35 monthly payment each month to drop ship  - One day they announced they are no longer working with THE MAIN supplier I had used  - Meaning I can't import more items form this supplier but they promised all my imported items ( 15,000 ) will still be synced, And they said  I still have to pay the full $35 for this service ( although I can't import any of this supplier items anymore ).  I had kept paying full price because  I wanted my 15,000 items to be synced with real stock quantity, And then I started noticing  the  orders my clients had placed at that time ware out off stock in the supplier website -  And I couldn't fulfill them - had to refund money to all my customers,  - I had complained to Modalist customer support -  and was told that the supplier had blocked them  - They are sorry - they can't sync with their stock anymore - Meaning I kept paying for service for 2 full months and got NOTHING . I asked for a refund for this period of time  - and they agreed  - but never got it till today ( it has been 4 months now )  - Also I demanded to stop the recurring payment for my unlimited plan - they said in order to do that I need to downgrade my plan - I tried  to do that but got an error that I will need to delete all my 15,000 items ( that I had to spend A LOT  of money on SEO to promote them by then) Oviusley I refused to delete them - their customer service told me  - "that's weird - I will take "care of that for you
And guess what -  After one hour  - I saw only had 7000 items left in my shop !!!!! I had contacted them said "Stop deleting my items ASAP"  - they said " you wanted to downgrade your plan, didn't you? And then they apologized When they realized what happened and promised they will stop the process and will upload all my DELETED items back - And after 2 hours I took a look saw 0 items on my shop!!! THEY HAD DELETED ALL MY HARD WORK  - and made me lose a lot of money !!!!!
This is the WORST EXPERIENCE i had ever had by far !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to build a successful online dropshipping Buiseness S T A Y A W A Y!!! There are much better apps with great and professional customer service like "Oberlo", "Aliexpress  ". Do your self a favor and never go with Modalyst!!!!

Plentychic

Absolutely horrible site to use. They do not have a phone number for concerns or issues and NO ONE EVER REPLIES TO EMAILS EVER. Do not use them if you want a smooth, truthful and pleasant dropshipper/ app/ platform to use. A disgrace and the worst site I have ever used. STAY AWAY!

October 14, 2019

Thank you Tiffany for your review. We appreciate you sharing your feedback about our customer support. You are right to point out that we do not have a dedicated phone line. We are a small company and do our best to communicate via email and live chat. In your case, we were regularly in touch with you via email and live chat. Our team has all the documentation, dating back to July 29, when we last corresponded.

Can you please help us understand what your recent issue is? We would lovef to address it appropriately. You have not been active on our site for a few months so it would be great to understand whether something recent provoked you to share this kind of feedback.

Our team is also in the process of following up with Shopify Support about your feedback here. We expect that they will step in and help us clear this up. There appears to be some very earnest confusion and we would love their insight around how to best address your feedback.

As always, please feel free to email us at team@modalyst.co. You can also find us on live chat.

Thank you.

Yobenini

My store is selling sunglasses. I bought Modalyst since they offered high-end sunglasses. I removed every product I had in the store and replaced them with products from Modalyst. A few weeks after all the products I added was removed together with the high-end brands. So the entire reason why I choose Modalyst as a supplier is gone.

I have tried reaching the support several times without them getting back to me. I understand that my problem isn't convenient, but they could at least offer some help and a solution. Two days ago I wrote an email and decided that if they wouldn't come back to me I would write this review.

October 9, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about this experience and will resolve it right away.

I apologize but unfortunately our team never received your message about this issue. Did it occur recently? If so, can you please forward me the message to team@modalyst.co? I'd love to have a look.

In the meantime, our technical team is already looking into your account and will get back to us with their findings in the next few hours.

Thank you for being patient and understanding while we work to resolve this as quickly as possible.

If there is anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7