Bold Multi‑Currency

Developer
BOLD
4.6
May 15, 2021

This app is no good. It does not work like it should based on the discription and causes more issues than is solves.

Magroceries
Zimbabwe
Time spent using app: 11 minutes
BOLD replied May 26, 2021

Thank you fo your review. We're constantly working on improving Multi-Currency and documentation for it. We've passed along your feedback to the team. Sorry for any time spent, and that you weren't able to find a solution.

February 13, 2021

Terrible. App doesn't work and customer service will not reply. It's sitting there on my website and just doesn't function yet cannot get anyone to help with this issue over several weeks.

Lumiere Equestrian
Time spent using app: About 4 years
BOLD replied February 16, 2021

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have an app expert reaching out and looking into the issue. Thank you for your patience.

December 1, 2020

What a loss of time honestly. Standard Shopify has already a currency converter built in, but you cannot change the rate to rebalance differences between currencies or simply cover the exchange fees. This app is supposed to do this, and it does, but at checkout the price will go back to your shop currency and original price, unless you subscribe to another paid service called Cashier, this is not mentioned at first, and the mention "FREE" is misguiding, I lost 1hr to install this to realize it doesn't do anything more than what I have in my theme as a standard feature and that I would have to pay for another App...And if you install it, guess what your customers will say when they realize the price revert to another one at checkout stage...I tried to have a look to Bold Cashier, because why not to pay after all if it works ? But looks like super complicated, it is unclear if it's still available for Shopify as they say that it cannot be installed after Jan 20th 2020, so I gave up there...

Zeva Lifestyle
United Arab Emirates
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
September 22, 2020

This is the first comment I wrote. It's really bad. The implanted code prevents me from deleting, which seriously affects the operation of other similar plugins. What a rogue behavior! !

HOLAKAY
China
Time spent using app: 8 minutes
August 28, 2020

the app works fine but slows the website. The Bold team is unwilling/unable to remove all code from the theme. They will just try to reinstall the theme or use an old backup. My advice to every shopify user out there : be very careful with which apps you install/uninstall as they will slow down the website and will leave lots of orphan code behind. This is a 1 star review for the Bold app ....but also for Shopify .

carolay.co