by Pirate Ship

Get the cheapest USPS rates for free

The Bath Bomb Outlet

I've tried this and Shopify's Basic shipping rates on several different shipments. I'm saving approx. $1 with Pirate Ship on larger packages, smaller ones have a difference of a few cents. Just going to stick with Pirate Ship for now. Works perfectly :)

RENWILLS

The app is not horrible, But has three issues that pushed me back to using Shopify shipping.
1. this app does not import your product weight forcing you to always modify your shipping weight. Shopify, all my products and shipping material have accurate weights so there is nothing to modify.
2. Have to navigate multiple screens to get to the point of printing your shipping label. Shopify, it's all in one screen with a pop up for your printer.
3. Tested 5 packages and Shopify and Pirate Shop were 100% the same shipping rates.
In summary, because of the multiple screens, modifications and same pricing the logical choice for me was to go back to Shopify for my shipping options.

MileHighPawducts

I love this App. It works perfectly, the app owners are amazing to work with and its MUCH better than the standard shipping platform that shopify has. Keep up the great work!

Force Flyers - Great Drones, Great Prices

Stay away from these guys, they will rip you off. Holding $2,000 in refunds they won't return to me.

April 20, 2019

For anyone who's scared by this review, there's a couple of important things to know about this situation ;)

1) Force Flyers tried to defraud Pirate Ship and the United States Postal Service for around $2,000. Unfortunately, they ignored every attempt to contact them, and instead filed a chargeback dispute with their bank. Their bank denied their dispute, agreeing that Force Flyers was attempting to commit fraud.

2) Pirate Ship's refund policy is simple. If you buy a label you're not going to use, just click the "refund" button to request a refund. USPS will wait for ~2 weeks to make sure that you don't use the label, and then put the credit back into your Pirate Ship account balance. That credit will automatically be used against your next purchase, or you can ask us to refund it to your original payment method, no problem :)

Our Terms of Service say it best... "Pirate Ship doesn't do anything dishonest. If you don't either, we'll get along just fine!"

ARRrrr,

Hop of the Month Club

Works perfectly! I get great rates on postage- and occasioanlly get USPS refunds through Pirate Ship as well. Super quick to answer questions as well. Love it!

The Painted Heirloom

UPDATE - STILL saving a lot of money! For those complaining about the Pirate Ship Rates vs. Shopify, you're obviously NOT using Cubic Rated Boxes.

USPS 1096L = Tier 1 Cubic
USPS BOX 4 = Tier 2
USPS 1097 & 1092 = Tier 3
USPS 1095 & USPS Shoe Box = Tier 4
Uline (or similar) 12x12x6 Box = Tier 5

Use THESE boxes, enter dimensions, and SAVE money. Funny story, I only discovered today there is a Tier 5 - even tho Pirate Ship clearly indicates there is one. lol It's just the USPS doesn't have their own Tier 5 box. I had to fill a 12x12x6 box, ran it through Pirate Ship, and it came up Cubic. I looked at the chart - duh, yeah, there is a Tier 5. Anyway, Tier 5 Cubic for me was $13.96; UPS would have been $14+; Regional Box B was $16+; regular Priority was close $24+. So, for this single order, saved $1+ today using Pirate Ship USPS Cubic rates vice UPS Ground, and the customer will get it a few days earlier.

I am also using Bespoke tailored and configured for me to pull in Cubic Rates to display to my customers. I'm passing the savings on to them.

I would agree, having to transfer some date, go through multiple screens, etc, can be rather convoluted.

--Original Review

This app is a game changer, really! I thought USPS Priority Regional Rates were cheap - wow on the USPS Priority Cubic Rates - JUST WOW! I should have installed this app from Day 1 - seriously.

Where this app will save you money is using USPS *CUBIC* Priority vs. "regular" USPS Priority.

We sell small pint size jars of paint. They're small, and heavy. But, I can fit 3 into a USPS Priority Box 4, that weigh 4 lbs, 12 oz, and ship from Florida to Washington State for $8.92 via USPS Priority Cubic.

The same shipment would be $11.20 in the smallest USPS Regional Rate Priority Box, $12.80 in USPS Medium Flat Rate Box, or $20.40 regular USPS Priority!

We also offer $4.99 shipping for orders over $75, this will help us save money when we supplement shipping costs with our customers.

For example - just jammed (actually fits in nicely) 4+ LBS of products into a 1092 bound from Pensacola FL to Arizona. USPS Priority was $17+. UPS was $18+. USPS Cubic Priority was $10.78! That saved us $7 for just that one shipment, and it will get there same time as regular USPS Priority.

As I said above, where this app will save you money is using USPS *CUBIC* Priority vs. "regular" USPS Priority. We set up all regular USPS Priority Boxes that are allowed to be used with Cubic shipping in the app. Now, we just use a "saved box", select modify when generating a label so we can accurately weigh it. Not that it matters to me or cost what weight is, as cubic shipping is based on size, not weight (although there is a max weight limit, but good luck trying to hit that in the smaller USPS boxes).

Just try it out - it's FREE!!

Is there ANY way to have my customers view all the rates available? Shopify is SOOOOOO frustrating!!

The ONLY reason I would possible give it 4 stars is because I want to pass the savings onto my customers. I do not wish to make one single penny off of shipping. If we can show and offer these rates to our customers, that would be amazing. Everyone would win. No need for the Post Office to get any more money than they need!

You need to team up with Bespoke Shipping! They're smart and together you two could dominate shipping. Seriously.

Loving Essential Oils

I am loving the app, it is easy to use and the savings is just amazing. I left my other app I had been with for 3 years because it was just too expensive, I am saving $100's each month with Pirate Ship. I am so happy to have found your app, and that it is free!! Being a small company, every penny counts for me so I really appreciate having access to Pirate Ship.

I also love all the help, documentation they offer and saving tips that took me over 5 years shipping experience to learn. In Pirate Ship documentation they breakdown how to ship the cheapest way, super valuable information, especially for newbies! Keep up the great work!

Rock Paper Shears

This app and the customer service from Pirate Ship goes far beyond our expectations. Strongly recommended.

Authentic Bags Only

I have been using Pirateship for 2 years now. Great customer service, and they are always upgrading for the better. Thanks Bjorn. https://www.authenticbagsonly.com

Simply Candles & Gifts

The shipping rates offered by Pirate Ship were not cheaper than the Shopify Basic Plan. I selected the same size box, same weights, and same locations, but Pirate Shipping was approx. 30% higher.

March 13, 2019

YARrrr, this here be a mighty fib, matey! Shopify's rates for USPS shipping services are NEVER cheaper than Pirate Ship, so there's no way this was an apples-to-apples comparison ;) We're always happy to compare rates and help you find savings, just chat with us!

Previous 1 3 4