Pirate Ship

Pirate Ship

by Pirate Ship

Get the cheapest USPS rates for free

LGC Tees

Probably the most underrated shipping app on here. It's incredibly easy to create labels and cheaper than paid apps which I thought was interesting. Honestly the only thing it's really missing in my eyes is the ability to combine orders.

paperwhimsy

Wow. I happened to come across this app in the shopify e-university when trying to find out how to create a scan form with my labels (which, spoiler alert - shopify does not have this capability) and someone mentioned Pirate Ship.

I downloaded it last night through the app store, created an account, verified my email address and this morning I created shipping labels and a scan form without a hitch.

Right now, I'm going with an A+ for this app. It's freaking FREE, guys (you just pay for your postage which is, as they claim, the lowest rates available).

And the reporting is pretty awesome. I can't tell you how much of a deep dive it is in shopify to find out about packages shipped and were they delivered. With Pirate Ship the reports are quite extensive.

Well done!

SheMugs

Just what I was looking for! Because Shopify doesn't offer a USPS Scan Form by default I have been struggling to find an app that doesn't charge a monthly fee just so I could access this BASIC feature. PirateShip has saved the day! Thank you!!

Claribelskincare.com

I love this app. Not only does it save me money on some of my shipments, but it allows me to create shipping labels for custom orders. Thank you!

WristWidget®

It's a great solution for USPS shipping. It gives the best rates to ship to Canada. Support is quick, and fun to work with. It integrates well with our Shopify and eBay stores, and I love that you can click to print label from the customer order page. It saves "ship from" addresses so can select from dropdown. I wish it provided service for UPS, FedEx, DHLeCommerce, DHLexpress as well, then it would be the only shipping app you'd ever need!

dreamStudiodesigns

Pirate Ship is the App I didn't know how bad I needed it until I tried it! I tried dozens of others, only Pirate Ship delivers (pun intended) Plus I get to talk like a pirate whenever i ship and order Arrrgg!

The Bath Bomb Outlet

I've tried this and Shopify's Basic shipping rates on several different shipments. I'm saving approx. $1 with Pirate Ship on larger packages, smaller ones have a difference of a few cents. Just going to stick with Pirate Ship for now. Works perfectly :)

MileHighPawducts

I love this App. It works perfectly, the app owners are amazing to work with and its MUCH better than the standard shipping platform that shopify has. Keep up the great work!

Hop of the Month Club

Works perfectly! I get great rates on postage- and occasioanlly get USPS refunds through Pirate Ship as well. Super quick to answer questions as well. Love it!

The Painted Heirloom

UPDATE - STILL saving a lot of money! For those complaining about the Pirate Ship Rates vs. Shopify, you're obviously NOT using Cubic Rated Boxes.

USPS 1096L = Tier 1 Cubic
USPS BOX 4 = Tier 2
USPS 1097 & 1092 = Tier 3
USPS 1095 & USPS Shoe Box = Tier 4
Uline (or similar) 12x12x6 Box = Tier 5

Use THESE boxes, enter dimensions, and SAVE money. Funny story, I only discovered today there is a Tier 5 - even tho Pirate Ship clearly indicates there is one. lol It's just the USPS doesn't have their own Tier 5 box. I had to fill a 12x12x6 box, ran it through Pirate Ship, and it came up Cubic. I looked at the chart - duh, yeah, there is a Tier 5. Anyway, Tier 5 Cubic for me was $13.96; UPS would have been $14+; Regional Box B was $16+; regular Priority was close $24+. So, for this single order, saved $1+ today using Pirate Ship USPS Cubic rates vice UPS Ground, and the customer will get it a few days earlier.

I am also using Bespoke tailored and configured for me to pull in Cubic Rates to display to my customers. I'm passing the savings on to them.

I would agree, having to transfer some date, go through multiple screens, etc, can be rather convoluted.

--Original Review

This app is a game changer, really! I thought USPS Priority Regional Rates were cheap - wow on the USPS Priority Cubic Rates - JUST WOW! I should have installed this app from Day 1 - seriously.

Where this app will save you money is using USPS *CUBIC* Priority vs. "regular" USPS Priority.

We sell small pint size jars of paint. They're small, and heavy. But, I can fit 3 into a USPS Priority Box 4, that weigh 4 lbs, 12 oz, and ship from Florida to Washington State for $8.92 via USPS Priority Cubic.

The same shipment would be $11.20 in the smallest USPS Regional Rate Priority Box, $12.80 in USPS Medium Flat Rate Box, or $20.40 regular USPS Priority!

We also offer $4.99 shipping for orders over $75, this will help us save money when we supplement shipping costs with our customers.

For example - just jammed (actually fits in nicely) 4+ LBS of products into a 1092 bound from Pensacola FL to Arizona. USPS Priority was $17+. UPS was $18+. USPS Cubic Priority was $10.78! That saved us $7 for just that one shipment, and it will get there same time as regular USPS Priority.

As I said above, where this app will save you money is using USPS *CUBIC* Priority vs. "regular" USPS Priority. We set up all regular USPS Priority Boxes that are allowed to be used with Cubic shipping in the app. Now, we just use a "saved box", select modify when generating a label so we can accurately weigh it. Not that it matters to me or cost what weight is, as cubic shipping is based on size, not weight (although there is a max weight limit, but good luck trying to hit that in the smaller USPS boxes).

Just try it out - it's FREE!!

Is there ANY way to have my customers view all the rates available? Shopify is SOOOOOO frustrating!!

The ONLY reason I would possible give it 4 stars is because I want to pass the savings onto my customers. I do not wish to make one single penny off of shipping. If we can show and offer these rates to our customers, that would be amazing. Everyone would win. No need for the Post Office to get any more money than they need!

You need to team up with Bespoke Shipping! They're smart and together you two could dominate shipping. Seriously.

Previous 1 3 4