Sell future products
Gauge demand for future products via email sign-ups, pledges or pre-orders.
Collect pre-order revenue
Collect order commitments/revenue from customers before investing in stock.
Start capturing orders today
Capture orders today, send payment links when you’re ready.
Why use PreProduct?
• Validate and gauge demand for future products
• Collect order commitments before investing in stock (set your own extended delivery time)
• Send payment links when you’re ready (whether that’s before or after ordering stock)
• Manage inventory and purchasing in a more precise way
• Mitigate the risk of costly failed/luke-warm product releases
• Validate your next big idea
• Collect revenue earlier and recoup cash quicker
• Integrates with Shopify and it’s native inventory/order system
• Set early-bird discounts to reward customers for longer delivery times
• Designed to fit around and respect your website’s aesthetic
Types of product listing:
• Collect email addresses from customers who want to know when your product’s available.
• Similar to crowdfunding. Customers sign-up to buy the product with the understanding it won’t come to market unless a minimum number of sales is reached (extended delivery time + early bird discount options included).
• Payment links are emailed out when your sales target is met or when you trigger payment links from the dashboard.
• Customers sign-up to buy the product, with the understanding their payment link will be sent to them in the future (extended delivery time + early bird discount options included).
• Payment link emails are triggered from the PreProduct dashboard.
How does PreProduct work?
- Create a future product listing through PreProduct in the Shopify admin dashboard.
- Choose your listing type. If crowdfunding, enter how many order commitments you would need to bring the product to market. Also, how long until you would ship the orders.
- The product will then appear in your storefront, but instead of a buy button, there will be a PreProduct widget that will explain the situation, as well as facilitate pre-orders/email-captures from customers.
- Once you’re ready for the pre-orders to transact, you can trigger payment link emails from the PreProduct dashboard. If you don’t trigger payment links, that’s the end of it, no further expectations.
*Got a single-page website? Get in touch with us and we'll add support for PreProduct to your theme.
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 20-day free trial
Sell or test any kind of future product
20 future product listings per month
Automated email/payment links with customers
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Great way to make sales before buying stock, also helped us release new products. Customer service polite and helpful