Sell & test your next product
Sell and gauge demand via our next-generation pre-order system.
Collect pre-order revenue
List your next product much earlier and start collecting pre-orders. (discounts, crowdfunding and deposits all supported)
Charge customers when ready
Seamlessly switch from 'capture' to 'charge & capture' and start collecting payment.
About PreProduct next‑gen pre‑order
You shouldn’t have to wait until stock hits your warehouse to list your next product.
PreProduct lets brands capture pre-orders for upcoming products at any point in the new product cycle. Allowing you to sell, gauge demand and re·coup cash quicker. Payment links are only sent out when you trigger them, so you’re completely in control (and legally compliant).
Why use PreProduct?
• Start making sales for future releases today.
• Improve cashflow by collecting revenue earlier and recouping cash quicker.
• Validate and gauge demand for future products. Also, split test different variants (colour etc).
• Only start charging when you're ready, whilst still capturing orders in the meantime.
• Manage inventory and purchasing in a more precise way.
• Lightweight on the front-end to keep your site's page speed fast.
• Capture pre-orders unpaid until you’re ready to charge, then trigger payment links to those customers and all new customers
• Customise your email campaign (includes dynamic variables)
• Payment links lead to your native checkout, pre-populated for a one-click transaction.
• Monitor & edit pre-orders in their own system, includes payment tracking
• Customise front-end wording and colours
• Option to collect a deposit for pre-orders up front, then the rest of payment later
• Set shipping dates, discounts and other customer-facing information
• Accept multiple variant/quantity pre-orders
• List specific variants and set max order limits
• Segment sending payment links at both the variant and individual customer level.
• Crowdfunded pre-order listings, where a minimum order total can be communicated.
• Customer portals, where customers can monitor and update their pre-orders
• Integrates with Shopify and the native inventory/order/checkout system
• Set front-end translations across multiple languages
• Set a 'success URL' to forward customers too
Capture only • Initially, just the order and customer details are captured. A ‘thank-you email' is sent at the time of pre-order.
Charge & capture • When ready, the store triggers payment link emails, so previously captured pre-orders receive a payment link and future pre-orders receive one straight away.
Not-a-pre-order • Eventually the pre-order is ended, so it can be a standard ‘buy it now’ Shopify listing.
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 14-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
The app is easy to use and looks great! One of the best thing is customer support, it is super fast and efficient! I had an issue and in less than an hour it has been fixed. I'm impressed!
Super responsive and very helpful team! Ultimately this app was not quite right for our purposes, but I would highly recommend it to any company looking to up their pre-order and deposit game.
PreProduct is the greatest Shopify add-on if you need to have the ability to pre-book items without having to charge customers until the product actually ships. It gives you the possibility to determine demand before committing to production and/or financing. This is a fantastic feature for many small businesses and the product support is even more fantastic. Highly recommended!