Rebuy Personalization Engine

Rebuy Personalization Engine

by Above Market

Personalized Recommendations, Upsell, Cross Sell, Buy it Again

EasyGenie

I can see the potential of this tool. The offer of free support is nice, albeit hard to find within the Rebuy app (didn't see any link for support or help, despite the onboarding email stating "chat with us in app"). And I need help, because the learning curve is extremely steep for non-technical people. Building data sources separately from the widgets, settings like "Return product metafields" and "Default Endpoints" and "Set min and max breakpoints", and the use of boolean operators and logic trees will be appealing to developers and people used to working with code. For everyone else, it's confusing and a barrier to use. I watched all of the help videos, but I've still spent hours of trial and error trying to get a simple upsell widget to work the way I want. I also keep on getting kicked out of the app while I'm in the middle of something, which sometimes results in my changes being lost.

July 30, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. I can 100% help with this and we can help get you up and running and fix a lot of the issues you faced. I will follow up with you via email now and make sure we do everything we can to produce a 5 star experience for you and change the app to the max of our ability to make sure it's delivering a 5 star app experience.

I AM Stunning

We tested the app because the features looked interesting. First I started testing the Smart Cart:
1. the preview does not work properly
2. it slows down our entire page load for more than 300ms
3. it decreases our mobile rating on Google Lighthouse by about 20 points
4. the theme I set up does not show up in the preview when adding a widget.
5. since the preview doesn't work, I tried adding it to a draft theme, which doesn't work either.
6. the styling options are only updated after saving and reopening the page - not really user-friendly. After experiencing that the preview mode doesn't work properly and the page load is slow, I decided not to test further. I would be happy if the above issues are fixed, then we can test further and adjust feedback. The basic idea is great, just need to improve the performance and UX. --Update--
I just spoke with John for almost 2 hours to fix the problems. We were able to verify the problems and he promised to work on it with his devs. I will keep this rating updated. For now, I am raising the rating from 2 to 5 stars because they got back to me and took the time to troubleshoot the issues. I will update it as the ticket is processed.
pageload was not fixed, I waited a lot but no real help. For me this is absolutely not a 5 star app. It has cool features but the performance is poor. We had to uninstall the app.

July 15, 2021

We can 100% fix this and I'm really sorry about the bad experience. Please email me at john.erck@rebuyengine.com and let's jump on a zoom call and make sure you're dialed and everything is 100% good to go.