Rebuy Personalization Engine

Rebuy Personalization Engine

From $99/month. 21-day free trial.
Rating (4.8)
Developer
Rebuy
4.8
Edited November 14, 2022

A major part of the reason for upgrading to Shopify Plus was for Rebuy. We were told that the app wouldn't slow down our site. After working with the Rebuy team (great people and very helpful which is why I'm giving 3 stars) to set up our widgets and data sources we set Rebuy live. Immediately our site speed plummeted (lighthouse score went from 85 to 30) which in turn sank our conversion rate and made our ads more expensive to run. We were told Rebuy runs after our pages load, but I'm pretty sure that's not true. After about 2 weeks we realized what was going on and uninstalled the app. After another week of scrambling we realized that our site was littered with rebuy code we decided to revert to an old theme out of desperation. After reading other reviews I've only found a few other companies that had this problem, so maybe it's unique to a few. That being said, although we feel we were misled, we have been in communication with the Rebuy dev team who said hey are working on optimizing the code even more. We will try Rebuy again after that happens, but we will be way way more cautious this time around and have a back-up theme in place just in case.

House of Léon
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Rebuy replied November 10, 2022

Hi House of Léon Team,

Thanks for your review. We appreciate the candor and have reached out to you directly to discuss the matter at hand. We hope to have this matter resolved and this sentiment turned around quickly!

Edited November 1, 2022

Our sales got slashed by almost 50% whenever theRebuy "smart cart" was in use. We reached out to support and we felt they treated us like it was our fault. We thought the implementation process was rocky and incompetent with several hiccups but the final result was what sealed the deal. We honestly can't recommend Rebuy if you have a seven figure store. Review update Nov 1st, 2022: Working with the Rebuy team to reimplement and work out the issues in the original implementation.

Tropical Fruit Box
Time spent using app: 15 days
Rebuy replied October 28, 2022

Hi,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have had a rough experience with Rebuy, but we are grateful for the feedback. We will continue to discuss the matter with you directly and see what we can do to make this right.

Edited November 20, 2022

-Update:
After posting this review the Rebuy Team got in touch and affected fixes in their app and got us up and running - which is great. However, it still took 4 months and a negative review to get a result. If only this happened sooner we'd be giving a much better review. 3 stars.
----
Really disappointed with our Rebuy experience. After looking at many apps, we specifically chose this app because of its stated compatibility with Multicurrency. / Shopify markets AND the white glove setup at US$1000 - which we ended up doing ourselves anyway.
After literally months of back and forth the app is still not working with currencies, and while we have had our $1000 setup fee refunded - subsequent communications with Rebuy have stopped, they’re simply not replying.
Our last few emails have not been replied to, which is extremely poor. After many hrs of setting up rules were uninstalling and looking at alternatives

Epic Fly Rods
New Zealand
Time spent using app: 5 months
Rebuy replied October 6, 2022

Hi,

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you have had a frustrating experience, but truly appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We will take this feedback internally to perform an analysis on what transpired so we can resolve any gaps that we uncover.

April 17, 2022

It works fine but then I found my abandoned checkout got higher. And many customers told me they were unable to checkout. Shopify support team found the cause is from Rebuy. So I had to remove the app. Nice functionality but it doesn’t mean anything if my conversion goes down

3DCRAFX
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Rebuy replied April 17, 2022

[UPDATE - Thank you for providing details from the Shopify thread. It appears this may be related to displaying discount codes. We are actively looking into this right now!] Hi! We haven’t heard of this before! Let’s connect and dig into this further asap. If there is something going on I’d love to know the specifics and what theme or 3rd party code could be involved. I’m sure we can produce a fast fix for your store. Please email me at john.erck at rebuyengine.com here to help! We can produce a fix quickly the moment we can find any specific item at play. Did shopify provide any detail you can share?

July 22, 2021

I can see the potential of this tool. The offer of free support is nice, albeit hard to find within the Rebuy app (didn't see any link for support or help, despite the onboarding email stating "chat with us in app"). And I need help, because the learning curve is extremely steep for non-technical people. Building data sources separately from the widgets, settings like "Return product metafields" and "Default Endpoints" and "Set min and max breakpoints", and the use of boolean operators and logic trees will be appealing to developers and people used to working with code. For everyone else, it's confusing and a barrier to use. I watched all of the help videos, but I've still spent hours of trial and error trying to get a simple upsell widget to work the way I want. I also keep on getting kicked out of the app while I'm in the middle of something, which sometimes results in my changes being lost.

EasyGenie
Time spent using app: 9 days
Rebuy replied July 30, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. I can 100% help with this and we can help get you up and running and fix a lot of the issues you faced. I will follow up with you via email now and make sure we do everything we can to produce a 5 star experience for you and change the app to the max of our ability to make sure it's delivering a 5 star app experience.