AfterShip Returns , 2,208 reviews

4.7

Merchants appreciate this app for its intuitive interface, easy Shopify integration, and customizable return options. It's praised for streamlining return requests, enhancing customer shopping experience. The support team is noted for their quick and effective problem-solving. Recommended for all business sizes, especially small ones, due to its affordability and functionality. It efficiently manages multiple return types, saving merchants valuable time.

Edited May 26, 2022

Clunky use of 3 separate interfaces to setup: App, website, aftership account, needs to be streamlined. Absolutely needs to put notes in the order timeline with updates, pending return, authorized, etc. wouldn't be as big a deal if it were more easily accessible from the same window, but since the app functions using 3 different interfaces it creates more work and more switching between windows. Need to be able to manually create an RMA from main page for customer that call in, seems like a super easy/obvious function to include.
Update: you have to additionally install Aftership tracking in order for the returns system to be functional. Everything will stay in the approved until you get it at the door. The only way to track them is to individually copy and paste the tracking numbers. The system is set to only really work with their other tracking app which will track all of your orders not just returns. Which means for us another $100 a month on top of the cost of this app for it to be functional. Highly discourage you getting into their app system.

SWELL Wakesurf
AfterShip & Automizely replied October 23, 2019

Thank you for your suggestions. We will consider your advice and continue improving our app. Stay tuned!

May 31, 2022

App would have been perfect if they didn't expect you to be a Shopify plus merchant ($2000 a month on Shopify) just to issue a store credit to the customer. NOT SMALL BUSINESS FRIENDLY.

LAZE LABEL
AfterShip & Automizely replied May 31, 2022

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apology for the experience you had. However, this is not the experience we want to provide to our users.

Your feedback has been registered. You are our valued user, and we are committed to providing the best support at all times. Hence we would like to discuss this further with you. We will surely get all your issues resolved and ensure that you are delighted with our services.

Our ‘Support Team’ is available 24/7 to provide you with assistance and resolve any concerns that you may have.

You can always contact us via the live chat option available on your account or email us at support@aftership.com

Tushar Jolly
Team AfterShip

January 19, 2018

it really wants me to give it 5 stars quickly and at the start.

L33tltd
Edited April 27, 2021

Don't waste your time with this app as a returns program if you're a Canadian company that ships and returns with USA customers. They can't figure out how to charge a Canadian credit card to buy return labels. Have wasted weeks troubleshooting with no luck.

SOPHIEGRACE
AfterShip & Automizely replied April 27, 2021

We work really hard to make our app user-friendly and provide a great support experience.
We are assigning an Executive to check and fix this issue. Please check your inbox for further proceedings.

Returns Center Team.

Edited February 10, 2022

App looks ok, still trying to on board I have never had such a stressful onboarding and their support really stinks.

Smarty Had A Party!
AfterShip & Automizely replied February 13, 2022

Thank you for your feedback.

You are our valued user and we are committed to providing the best support at all times. We are assigning a support executive to check and resolve your concern. Please check your inbox, as you will be contacted via email shortly.

Neelima Aggarwal
Team Returns Center

Edited March 23, 2022

Don't waste your time, I think the positive reviews here are fake. This app simply doesn't work. 90% of the time it will only allow a customer to return, not exchange. If they do manage to get to exchange, the exchanges screen is an absolute mess, sending through every collection you've ever built in shopify (even those you have hidden), with no search function so goodluck to any customers trying to find what they want to exchange for. Return labels are avail on refunds only (not exchanges). When you contact support they have a series of infuriating auto responses. Nobody will help you. But they can't because the app simply doesn't work. Wasted 1.5 weeks trying to get this going and have now deleted.

Lumiere Equestrian
AfterShip & Automizely replied March 23, 2022

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I can see that you are not happy with the app and the customer service support.

Actually, we do support exchange. There are two types of exchange, one is the “replace with the same item” where shoppers can exchange for different variants. The other is “Exchange for other items” where shoppers can exchange for different items, they need to pay or get a refund of the difference, Also we do support return label both for refund and exchange. You can set in the “Returns method” section.
We have also sent you an email explaining everything in detail, please go through the email and let us know if you still have any questions for us.

We will be happy to help.

Shahvaz
Returns Center

February 3, 2023

Aftership & Automizely are brilliant until you need support! I want to use a custom domain for my returns page and there's a button under the settings to contact support for DNS settings. Click the button, nothing happens. So I go to the left menu and down to "Help & Support". At the bottom of their support page is a "Chat with us" button. The link is simply "/#", so of course that button doesn't work. Click on "24/7 support" in their menu, nothing. Buttons that say "Email Us", not buttons at all, just text.... I ditched a bunch of other well-known apps to go with the Automizely/Aftership suite instead, keeping things simple. But this is one major red flag! These could be the best apps in the world, but if the customer service is non-existent....

BlkGrlMagick Candle Co.
AfterShip & Automizely replied February 3, 2023

Dear user,

We are so sorry if you feel that way. We apologize for the inconvenience that you’ve been facing lately.

We understand your frustration, as every little detail matters for your business. But we want to kindly remind you that the multi-membership could be the crux that causes your concern.

We're afraid that you could not find the option to contact us but it's easy to reach out to us and you can also write us at support@aftership.com. Our. support will assist you right after that. You can also log in to your admin account and initiate the chat with us easily. I am following up with you on this very closely and will fix your concern as soon as it can be.

Our support team has already reached out to you to help you set up quickly, so you can have your business running up well.

July 9, 2020

App is not working. Cannot look up any orders. Keeps giving error saying Wrong order number and email. No way to contact support from the app. What a waste!

Couture Look
30 days using the app
July 22, 2022

I was excited to use the app and had no issues initially, until a couple of went by and the features included in the lower plans were removed. It felt like a bait switch - to pay over $100 a month for less than 20 returns just to retain the features that were previously available to me is ridiculous.

Averi & Blake
28 days using the app
AfterShip & Automizely replied July 22, 2022

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Your feedback has been registered. You are our valued user, and we are committed to providing the best support at all times. Hence we would like to discuss this further with you. We will surely get all your issues with features and price plan resolved and ensure that you are delighted with our services.

We are actively working on your concern please be assured.

Ankush Kumar
Team AfterShip

March 21, 2022

We needed a returns portal features on our website. I installed the app as the reviews for the most part looked good. Straight away I tried to setup the postmen account with DPD, I had an error regarding a max character limit on ref 2, so I reached out to support. They first told me that the problem was on DPD's end and I needed to contact them. So I called DPD who confirmed this issue was with there app and that they are sending too many characters for the field ref 2. I contacted support again to explain and they said they are working on the fix. 3 days later I am still waiting for this fix, and so I reached out to support again and they have now confirmed that it will be another 4 days to fix. I would imagine they have no one using the DPD UK account with this app otherwise everyone would experience the same issue. If your expecting to install this app and set it up with DPD UK I would look elsewhere because the app is very buggy and will not display any labels. Look else where and find an alternative app for the same features. The support was always active and I was able to contact them easily enough, however I was just told that they are working on the issue.

Yoga Studio Store
26 days using the app
AfterShip & Automizely replied March 21, 2022

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

You are our valued user and we always aim to deliver a great experience. We are disappointed to know that our service did not meet your expectations. We will investigate the reason for the concern that you have raised to understand where we have fallen short of your expectations.

Your feedback would be relayed to the team and we will ensure that your experience with us becomes worth a 5-star rating.

Neelima Aggarwal