Reviews (408)

Merchants appreciate this app for its efficient customer support and user-friendly interface. It's praised for reducing the hassle of handling lost, stolen, or damaged packages, saving businesses time and money. Merchants report increased customer satisfaction and conversions since integrating the app. The claim process is efficient, resolving issues promptly. Described as a strategic partner, it provides an extra layer of order protection and meets customer expectations for quick replacements. The service is seen as mutually beneficial, enhancing customer peace of mind while benefiting businesses.

June 23, 2020

Absolutely amazing! Route has saved me T H O U S A N D S! I couldn’t be operating this small shop without route!

Lookin' Sharp Sublimations
Edited June 24, 2020

Due to the known ongoing delays with couriers impacted being by covid-19, one of our customers had unfortunately been waiting for a long amount of time to receive their parcel which appeared to be lost in transit.

We then raised our first claim request with Route on the Dashboard area and waited for an update. We didn't receive an email or notification so we kept checking each day and later found by the end of the week the case was closed without a resolution for our customer.

As this caused confusion since there was no feedback given to why the claim was closed without any details, we raised a support ticket with Route.

We later received an email reply from Jordan at Route explaining the the claim case was closed assuming there was recent tracking information which wasn't the case. We also found our customer wasn't contacted by Route either.

We expressed our concerns around this since there was no movement in the tracking and the customer had already been waiting close to two months. We also mentioned to Jordan that Route's Dashboard didn't allow us to add any comments / notes upon raising the claim.

Jordan was very understanding and got right on it to investigate further.
She also promised to contact our customer and get back to us with a resolution.

A few days after, we heard back from Jordan confirming she was able to resolve the issue for our customer with a full refund.

We were very pleased with the professionalism and outcome that Jordan was able to provide in a quick timely manner as well keeping to her promise.

Our constructive criticism to Route's service would be updating the Dashboard to load quicker, an area to allow us to add notes / comments, have visibility on what is being communicated to customers, and receiving email notifications when updates have been made to the claim case.

Overall we haven't had any other issues with Route and highly recommend their service.

Thanks again also to Jordan for resolving our case.

WickyDeez
Edited December 19, 2023

I’ve been on a chat waiting for a agent from Route for an hour and 15 minutes so far! Definitely the worst “customer service/help”. I could get someone on the IRS or is Social Security office faster...

EllieGrid
June 23, 2020

Premium shipping insurance made sense fo my higher priced merchandise. I have been pleasantly surprised with the rate of adoption. Most customers opt to purchase Route. I believe it is trust building for my store and it is simple to add.

Lisa Robin
Edited June 21, 2023

Route is a hassle, since we switched to another company after Route increased their prices none of our customers are able to file claims. All claims have to be done trough their customer service. They Policy is poorly written to the point that makes me believe it is on purpose so they can cover the orders that they want.

Awful experience

ameriDroid
RouteApp LLC replied November 29, 2021

Hello there,

Thanks for writing this kind review! We are happy to hear we have been able to provide a good experience for your customer. Should you run into any future questions, please feel free to reach out to our team at: https://routeapphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and we'd be happy to help!

Thanks, and enjoy your day!

Best,
Bianca, customer serivce

Edited May 29, 2019

I've heard good reviews about this app so wanted to download it to my store. There was a glitch downloading and getting my account set up. I contacted Route and they walked me through it. Very helpful and great customer service!

Blue Haven Holistics
December 16, 2020

This app has potential, but is seriously lacking after the latest update to policy. We have been utilizing Route throughout 2020 and initially had a great experience (timely communication in helping to get it installed on our site and also with our customers when there was an issue). HOWEVER, beginning this autumn 2020, Route changed its policies where when a claim is filed by a customer and approved by Route they do not immediately reimburse your account. Instead, if the claim is approved, they will immediately create a replacement order within your store and mark it as PAID and the claim as RESOLVED. Unfortunately, this order is NOT actually paid for at that time, nor is it fully resolved, as new policy dictates that they, theoretically, will now only reimburse claims on a WEEKLY basis (I say theoretically as I have not received reimbursement as of yet from the billing period ending 12/13/20, and there is no reimbursement scheduled on our invoice history w Route). This new policy, even when working as it should, easily leads to complications with the customer as they obviously want their new product shipped out ASAP, however, as a shop I need to explain to them that I will not ship out a replacement until payment *actually* clears from Route. Other issues that have also cropped up recently is poor communication (they take several days to respond to emails [if at all], and are curt in their messages, not answering fully and ignoring assistance requests). There is no phone number or live chat to speak with anyone in real time, so email is your only available method of communication with CS. Also, take note that their insurance does not cover the cost to ship the new item covered in the claim, so although a claim may be filed and approved, Route does not pay for reshipment of the replacement item, nor does the customer -- it will have to come directly out of the shop's pocket...not ideal for international packages or items that are pricey to ship.

Sloppy Chops Co
RouteApp LLC replied January 4, 2021

Hi there,

Route strives to provide top notch customer service, so we greatly value feedback and appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are so sorry it was less than ideal, but we'd be happy to clarify further and assist however we can.

Our new update - Resolve via Platform (RVP) - eliminates the time, effort, and cost required to resolve customer issues with a replacement order or refund when the customer encounters order issues with lost, damaged, or stolen packages.

In terms of billing under this new system, Route still pays for qualifying refunds and reorders - the subtotal of the protected items minus shipping, taxes, or discounts - and merchants will be credited/paid weekly by Route for all refunds and reorders. Although we've changed how we format reimbursements, Route still works as promised.

For more details on what RVP means for billing, read more here.
While we are busy at work this holiday season with an uptick of online orders and COVID and weather delays, our new RVP update allows for a 24-48 hour response time and much faster resolution time.

I see that a member of our merchant team has already been in touch with you regarding your billing questions and further assistance. However, should you run into further questions, or notice any billing discrepancies, feel free to reach out to us at merchantsupport@route.com. I’ve notified our team of your feedback, so they’ll be on the lookout for any communications!

Hope you had a lovely & safe holiday season,

Jordan, Customer Service

June 23, 2020

Remove the need to worry about customers claims of undelivered, damagaed, or stolen packages. Route insurance has helped our customer service team have resources to handle the times in which a customer honestly or distinctly claims issues with their shipping service. At a no-cost for the business, the customer pays a nominal cost to have shipping service included and the integration at checkout ensures that over 70% of our customers choose to pay for this shipping insurance. I highly recommend this service for any business that has customer complaints related to damaged, stolen or undelivered packages.

Barefoot Blonde Hair
Edited August 19, 2021

Been with Route for over a year now and it still amazes me! I am thankful to have this relationship, for all the help it provides to our customers, which ultimately helps our company. From day 1 Route began resolving customer issues. They continue to adapt to our business and the technological needs of our market/customers/regulation etc. We also have the Best Customer Success Manager (Makaylen) who keeps on top of our company's needs and options and communicates this to us. To the future! Thank you Route!

Eightvape
RouteApp LLC replied August 23, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for writing this wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear you have had a good experience using Route! Here at Route, we pride ourselves on offering world-class customer service and peace of mind for merchants! We feel very fortunate to partner with you.

Thanks again,
Bianca, Customer Service

March 20, 2020

This app and service has been an amazing tool for both my clients and boutique. They have helped take the anxiety away from carrier issues away and know that Route will be there to step in if needed. The insurance is affordable for the customer and the customer service is responsive and claim process is easy to use. Highly recommend!

Addy & Ry Boutique