SendOwl

SendOwl

by SendOwl

Sell digital files and downloads

Modern Producers

We have been using this app for almost two years now and we can't say nothing bad about Send owl! The app features allot of cool tools like digital files, software, license codes, reporting analysis area and allot more.

At our website we sell digital downloads for Music Producers so it was very important for us to find an app that could delivery files automatically after purchase 100% of the time. And Send owl has done this for us.

Recently we ran our of cloud storage but we contacted Send Owl support and they transferred us to a higher plan!

So if you're selling digital files we will recommend you to use Send Owl. Great app, great service!

DropShipping Webs

We think is the best app for your downloads. Very useful and complete!

Gimpel Software

I moved to Shopify because I needed a way to provide a portable download link to our dealers so they could forward the link on to their customers without requiring any sort of log in procedure. SendOwl was the answer.

I also needed to be able to automatically assign software serial numbers to licenses as they were purchased - this was trickier but George guided me through the process and it's been working remarkably well.

Short Game Secrets

We searched for a while looking for a digital delivery app, choosing Sendowl after testing out a couple of others. The entire process is now automated, the set up was simple and the support is fantastic. We will continue to use Sendowl for our business as we grow and upgrade through the tremendous value plans as we do. I can't recommend it highly enough, try it out, you won't be disappointed!

Save the Cat! Store

We've been using SendOwl to deliver activation numbers to downloaded software bought on our shopify store. We've sold over 100 since starting 2 months ago and delivery has been seamless and perfect. Every order from shopify has been fulfilled instantly by SendOwl. Great app! And when I had questions when originally installing, the SendOwl team was very responsive and helpful. Highly recommended.

Music Teacher Tools

Best deal on Shopify for digital downloads. Been using it for 2 months and no problems yet.

UK Template Agreements and Sample Contracts

This is a consistently good app that we have found to be reliable in delivering our downloadable legal agreements. Good support too.

AudioModder

SendOwl does a great job, but most importantly their support are prompt and helpful. I love being able to send updates to my past customers and notify them. It would be cool if there was more accessible ability to send other html emails in the future to those customers. it would also be cool to allow users the option of download 2 seperate packages (eg, windows or osx) but it really hits the nail on the head! totally recommend this app!

Sarah Gourdie Designs

SendOwl (formerly Digital Delivery App) is the best way we found to sell your digital goods through Shopify. It not only is fully capable of doing whatever you need it to, their customer support is excellent. You can email them with a question and they will reply quickly with helpful information. Their API is really well made too and well-documented. We were able to import ~200 products and ~130 packages very quickly. (We migrated from eJunkie and are self-hosting our files) Their pricing is also a good value when compared with similar services and for sure an excellent value when compared to the time it would take to build your own delivery system.

We've just now started our Shopify store (sarahgourdiedesigns.com). The first handful of orders customers made were all 'delivered' without a hitch—customers have given us good feedback that it was easy for them, the downloads all worked well, etc.

Scenic Labs

We've had a great experience with SendOwl. We sell Blu-ray discs and use the service to include free digital copies with all of our discs. It went so well that we started offering download-only versions of our products.

First, Integration with Shopify is great, as is the ability to create packages of multiple products.

We don't use the PDF stamping yet, but I've tested it out and it works very well. It will be used to generate public display licenses with included customer information.

Second, I should note that due to our insanely huge file sizes (10gb-20gb), we mostly use external file hosting, which works flawlessly. The SendOwl service does a really good job of obfuscating those links and limiting the number of downloads.

Lastly, I'm posting this review because the company asked if I'd be willing to share my opinion. I should note that unlike some other top apps in other categories in the app store (some of which *are* very good on merits), SendOwl did NOT offer an incentive to post a positive review, which I believe speaks volumes about the integrity of the company. Some app publishers will offer X months of free service for a positive review. My company will happily pay for products that make our lives easier and improve our business.

I am updating this review on May 2, 2015. I've continued to be a customer but just wanted to thank the team for adding a "duplicate bundle" feature. I use another app that grants volume discounts, but it does it by creating variants and each of these variants needed to be linked to a separate bundle for automatic delivery. It's a quick and elegant fix that solved my problem. If I had thousands of skus, it wouldn't be the answer, but for a few dozen skus it took me just a few minutes to create 5 variants for each item (the variable being price).