Shogun Landing Page Builder

Shogun Landing Page Builder | Reviews

by Shogun Labs, Inc.

Theme design page editor for blog, product pages & contact us

GeezerGlide LLC

I had a VERY unpleasant experience with this app - BE AWARE!!!
I installed it to test and see what it does and it created ALL KIND of unwanted side effects!!
It modifies the HTML of your product in Shopify!! Even after you delete the test product page - their HTML code still is left in your product HTML - they don't clean up their @#$%! They even redirected one of my product URL and it took me some time to figure out how I could revert back to my original product listing/collection. Uninstalling their app does NOT clean up the changes they made to your Shopify store/pages/products!!! As I said - BE AWARE - if you like their app and stay with them - then you are probably ok, but if you just want to check it out and test it - I strongly recommend not to use one of your active products or pages and be aware that you have to do quite some clean up afterwards after you decide not to use their app!

November 29, 2021

Hey there, Denis! I apologize for the unpleasant experience you had with Shogun.

I can see you were communicating with my colleague, however, I also reached out to you in a separate email explaining this in detail and how we can help resolve the issue for you. Having said that, allow me to share a bit more information here.

It looks like you had deleted a few product pages that were imported to Shogun. We don't recommend deleting pages that are imported to Shogun such as the product pages. If you wish to move back to the original version of the page before the import, we have a feature called Revert Import that helps to restore the original version of any page you've imported into Shogun.

Also, when you uninstall Shogun from your Shopify store, all live pages remain live on the store. This is the reason why our code also remains in the theme to ensure that these pages do not encounter any issues. This is again, the reason why we suggest using the Revert Import option to undo any page imports.

However, we are more than happy to assist you with the removal of this code and I'd appreciate it if you could reach out to me via email so that we can assist you further.

Sweetan | Team Lead | Support

DroiX

Advertising Free Plan but after you install the app you are forced to choose a paid plan. This is not right.

November 23, 2021

Hey there,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with Shogun Page Builder.

I can see from your comments that there may have been some frustration with our current plans. I can see that you're interested in experiencing the free plan, but can see that this is not available for your store. Stores that are already subscribed to a plan are unable to adjust to the free plan at this time. This is by design as the free plan only allows for a single page, and any other plans that are selected would provide many more pages. If a client on the Build plan were to change to the free plan, their pages would be locked and this could cause a poor experience.

I tried to reach you on the phone but received a message that the number is not currently accepting calls. I've sent you an email as well :) You can followup with me there and we will do our best to ensure that your experience doesn't remain a negative one.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

CARBO Electric Bike

Soo many bugs, it's been really troublesome to get shogun up and running. No chat support is available. If you use Shogun expect a lot of issues and errors to arise. From newsletters submission forms to theme errors, to page settings. I do not recommend it at all! Pagefly seems to be a way better option, as it has 24/hours support. I am quite disappointed as we have been users of shogun for the past 2-3 years.

November 15, 2021

Hi, Lyne!

Thank you for your review and your feedback. I am sorry to see that you have had a negative experience with Shogun. We really appreciate your loyalty to the Shogun, thank you!

I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing. A member of our team will be reaching out to get more information about these issues and reviewing any prior communications that you have had with the team to ensure that any outstanding issues are resolved as efficiently as possible.

We do currently have a 24/7 support team who are always on hand to offer support. While chat support is not available on all plans, we strive to have a fast response time of fewer than 4 hours, though this is often much faster but depends on volume.

We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you to make your experience with Shogun a better one and appreciate your cooperation in working through the issues that you have been experiencing.

Binga!

No se puede probar, el pricing publicado en el store no es el mismo que ofrece la app al momento de instalar. No ofrece opción gratuita como promete, el plan mas barato son USD39 contra 20USD que ofrece en el listing de la app.

November 11, 2021

Hi, Julian!

Thank you for your review and for your feedback. I am sorry that you have had a negative experience.

Our Free and Starter plans are currently only available to new users of the app, at the moment, though I will be sure to pass on this feedback to our internal teams for review. Apologies for any confusion that this caused!

My colleague has reached out to you with some more information, we would love the opportunity to turn this negative experience around for you and look forward to hearing back from you.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Natuurlijk Presteren

Code is hard to remove from store. Shogun support doesn't help you if you deleted their app. PageFly is MUCH MUCH better and user friendly.

November 10, 2021

Hi, Jochum.

Thank you for your review and for your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience with Shogun.

I've reviewed this case and can see that you got in contact with us on Nov 5th at 7.47am (GMT), and our team did get back to you about a minute later. Unfortunately, we did make a mistake with the information that we sent in this email, providing details on removing code from your theme rather than your product pages - I apologise on behalf of the team for this. We didn't hear back from you but would love the opportunity to make this right with you.

Shogun will not remove code from your product pages when you uninstall the app from your store - we believe that you should be able to continue to benefit from using your pages even when you do not have an active subscription to Shogun. We offer the ability to "revert" the import of your pages that will remove Shogun code from your pages, but we wouldn't do this automatically so you don't lose your work.

My colleague is following up with you by email at the moment with instructions on how to remove the Shogun code from your product pages with Shogun uninstalled on the store. We would be happy to aid in the removal of this code, too, please just let us know if you would like us to do so.

Thank you - we look forward to hearing back from you and hope to make this a better experience!

PrayFashion

Do not install unless you want to lose money. We installed the app, took time to set up a bunch of split tests, and the app was not tracking visitors and conversions accurately. Numbers were all out of whack. Many times the pages not loading for visitors. Very Buggy app. We contacted their support multiple times and all they said is you are right if should be working correctly we are sending to development team and weeks passed without issues being resolved and not even a courtesy follow up and then they have the audacity to still charge a premium for their non working app. Save your self time, money and headaches.

October 13, 2021

Hello Carlos,
Our sincere apologies for the inconsistencies you've encountered with your analytics results. Our engineering team has been actively investigating the root cause of this issue. We'd love to continue working with you to provide a resolution and a positive experience. Our support team has reached out to you directly via email. We look forward to hearing back from you and continuing the conversation.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding,
Jill N., Director of Client Services

Cruz Label Store

I really tried to like it but it was not working properly. Images would not show and little bugs here and there. Maybe I have the wrong theme for this to work.

October 1, 2021

Hi there! My name is Joe from the Shogun Customer Support team.

I can definitely understand your frustration about this and really want to thank you for bringing it to our attention. I attempted to reach out to you via phone but wasn’t able to get ahold of you. I’ve sent you an email as well and look forward to hearing back :)

It's quite possible that the theme you've chosen to use in Shopify uses Javascript to display parts of the page. Having said that, the Shogun editor does not load Javascript by default since it can sometimes cause issues in the editor. This is very likely what was causing the loading issue that you were seeing.

I’m confident that we can solve this from our end, but please keep in mind that we can only troubleshoot active accounts. I noticed that you've already uninstalled Shogun, but if you decide to give it another shot, we're more than happy to re-enable your trial once you reinstall the app (without having to choose a plan).

We hope to have you back on the team soon and my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused! Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever have any other questions or concerns, and have a great weekend. :-)

Joseph | Support Specialist

Katie Miranda

I played with this app for 5 minutes on an existing product page. I didn't get the results I wanted and I went to delete the page in Shogun so I could start over. It ended up unpublishing the product page in my site and there is no option in the Shopify backend to republish it even though it is listed as Active. I had to call Shopify support who told me that there is Shogun code in the product page that the developer will have to delete and that there is nothing she can do to help me. Horrible experience. Apps should add functionality to your site, not ruin it.

August 24, 2021

Hey Katie,

So sorry that you had this experience with Shogun Page Builder. I'm glad that we could get this all sorted over the phone. We can certainly learn and improve from this experience. I will speak with my team and we will brainstorm some ideas for making product imports and reverts more natural for new users. If you have any other questions or if anything strange occurs, please let us know. We have 24/7 support here to help you.

Thanks so much for your understanding :)

Car Dealz

If you don't want people to use a free plan just say it directly. After I install your App, it just directed me to the Payment option...LOL I have spent lots of time with your Live Chat assistant or a sale keep persuading me to purchase your plan. BUT I keep mentioning if I don't get to use your App in the firsthand, how can I decide to upgrade or not? Still waiting for your team to give me a resolution but not keep selling me plans that I don't know how to use your App yet Such disappointed and not recommend anyone to install.

July 25, 2021

Hello, Stanley!

We thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. I apologize for the inconvenience and for the confusion.

Our free plan is currently, only available to new users and this is also noted on our app store page. However, we understand the frustration if this was missed. We have shared the feedback with our team.

Shogun was first installed in your store a couple of years ago. However, I could see our support team reached out to you via email and also spoke to you and shared information on how we can help you to give Shogun a try again.

Please don't hesitate to reply back to us so that we can ensure you have a positive experience with Shogun. 🙂

Sweetan | Team Lead | Support

Linen Salvage Et Cie

Unable to create a page, user support was delayed, app not intuitive, ok for pro designers only. Do not recommend, installed twice, spent time creating a page, very slow , difficult and finally gave up.

June 22, 2021

Hey Andrea,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some troubles while using Shogun Page Builder. We appreciate the feedback. We do our best to make Shogun as intuitive as possible. In instances where something doesn't make sense to new users, we have a help center with articles tons of information on common questions.

We also have webinars with walkthroughs on how to get started and use common features.

I can see that you contacted us through chat. Our goal is to respond to each client within 5 minutes through this support channel. I can see that we did respond within 5 minutes to your request. Was there a different expectation as to how quickly we would get to you?

I'll be reaching out to you directly to see if we can provide any further assistance.

Previous 1 3 4 5