Shogun Landing Page Builder

Shogun Landing Page Builder

by Shogun Labs, Inc.

Editor to Design Blogs, Landing, Collections & Product Pages

Misfits Health

Terrible app to use, functionality in-app v poor. Pages do not load quickly and holding pages have no exit option. Do not use.

May 7, 2021

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your review and for taking my call earlier - I'll follow up with you next week, as discussed.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Shogun and we hope that we can help you turn that around - I do see that you recently wrote in regarding landing page templates, a colleague of mine was in the process of replying to this as your review came in and will get back to you.

I would really appreciate it if you could get back to my colleague so that we can be sure to set you in the right direction and hopefully turn your experience around.

Many thanks,

Saint Oral Care

Beware of the rating, a lot of false positive reviews! By far the worst experience we've had with any App on shopify.
We spent a lot of money and time on creating our product pages with Shogun, and Shogun later completely removed ALL the pages from our website!
And the customer support has been of no help other than assuring me "they can't do anything and they're really sorry".

May 3, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for your review - I'm sorry to hear about the negative experience that you have had with Shogun.

When a store uninstalls Shogun we receive a request from Shopify to remove data that we store about the store - this is a requirement from Shopify to comply with GDPR data processing laws. We notify stores when this process is started to let them know that this process has begun and that their data will be removed in 14 days.

We have since rolled back on some of the data that is removed during the redaction process as we are aware of the inconvenience that this caused our customers who uninstalled during the period of first implementation and revision of this process (27th October 2020).

To restore these pages, you can reimport them into Shogun using the search bar at the top of your Shogun dashboard - provided they have not been deleted from Shopify manually.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Aura Locks

it made setting up the site easier but after that you are locked into shogun. if i delete this and then try to make any edits on the site the entire thing breaks.

April 27, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for your review today!

Our team have tried to give you a call but it appears that the phone number that we have on file for you is invalid. We have also sent you a follow-up email to clear up the confusion.

When pages are edited outside of Shogun, Shopify does strip some Shogun code out of the page - this is not something that we have control over as it is up to Shopify themselves. Re-publishing the page via Shogun will resolve any issues that you have with this.

If you want to edit your page via Shopify, we would recommend using the "revert page" option that is available through the dashboard.

I would ask that you reply to the email that was sent your way so that we can help you with your issues.

Purifid

WARNING: Zero uninstall instructions and it's broken my website. Do not recommend. No response from support.

March 1, 2021

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with Shogun.

I've taken a look at all of the communication that you have had with our team and can see that my colleague Joseph responded to your email within 15 minutes (your email did come in an hour and a half before this review). My colleague Andre also reached out directly after this review was posted.

In terms of the issue that you are facing regarding your broken pages: I can see that you had imported a Product Page into Shogun, but then deleted it before uninstalling Shogun. Editing this page outside of Shogun will cause issues as Shopify's editor will strip out the Shogun code, causing styling issues - we are constantly seeking ways to prevent Shopify from doing this but this is out of our control. We do have documentation available on how to revert the import of a page to its pre-Shogun state: https://getshogun.com/help/en/articles/1972008-how-do-i-undo-a-page-import

We also have documentation available on uninstalling Shogun: https://getshogun.com/help/en/articles/3978903-what-happens-to-my-pages-if-i-uninstall-shogun-on-shopify

Since you have already uninstalled without using the "revert" option, it is a little more complex to remove the Shogun code from the page. To resolve the issues that you are facing on the "Sleep by Purifid" page:
1. Navigate to the Product Page within Shopify
2. Copy the content that is in the "description" field
3. Switch the "description" field to the HTML view using the "Show HTML" button
4. Delete all HTML code from this section
5. Switch the "description" field back using the "show editor" button
6. Paste the description back in
I've recorded a video of this process: https://share.getcloudapp.com/xQunEq5o

I would recommend reaching out to support@getshogun.com if you have any questions. We'd love to help you turn this negative experience into a positive one.

SOHO GRIT

THE MOST UNHELPFUL APP DEVELOPER FOR SHOPIFY! When you actually need them, they will not be there. Go elsewhere!!!

February 25, 2021

Hey Filip,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience. We have a 24/7 support team that usually responds within 24 hours. We will always try to be there for you no matter the time of day.

I have sent an email your way and look forward to hearing back from you.

personalgymathome

Worst application ever, layout of product page is terrible for being polite, and when you uninstall the app, still the layout does not come as it was before installing it. I would not be surprise if the positive reviews of this app are fake ones.

December 11, 2020

Hi Simone,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Shogun. We have tried to reach out to you several times over the last few days to help you resolve any issues that you are experiencing, but unfortunately, we have not heard back from you. We would love to help you resolve the issue - if you could reply to our team we would be happy to help.

In terms of the issues that you are facing, when you uninstall Shogun we do not remove the styles that are applied to pages - we allow users to keep their pages after uninstalling Shogun. A lot of users use this option if they do not currently need to edit their pages in Shogun - they can uninstall temporarily, or forever, if they no longer need to use Shogun and would rather not keep paying for a subscription.

However, if you would rather not keep the design of the pages that were created within Shogun we have a revert option available on pages that were imported into Shogun. The revert option allows you to remove all Shogun content from your page and revert it to its pre-Shogun state.

Would love to continue this conversation with you to get these issues resolved - please reach out when you have a chance.

enviablebeauty

This app ruined our site. Beware that if you install this, you cannot uninstall it completely. I contacted them a few times and had to find a developer to remove their junk code which is left on our site. Still, our site is a mess, it's showing an error "Liquid error: Could not find asset/snippets/shogun-head.liquid" If I request you to remove all of your code from our site, you must respect our decision. Your incomplete instructions do not suffice.

November 2, 2020

Hey Shehara,

I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience with Shogun Page Builder.

We know that having excess code that is cluttering and leaving error messages on your pages would be quite frustrating. You've sought out Shogun to help improve your designs and now that you've uninstalled, our app has actually had the opposite effect.

I can see that we did receive a communication from you and Shopify requesting that the code be removed from your theme. We provided some instructions on how to do that if you'd prefer to remove it yourself but we also offered to remove this for you if there were any issues or doubts. We would just need collaborator access to your theme to adjust this. We are more than happy to accommodate this.

The primary reason why Shogun code is not automatically removed from the theme is because we want the pages our users create to remain active on their sites after the app is uninstalled. This is something our users ask about regularly and we are happy to be able to provide them this functionality. Unfortunately, in your case, this has provided frustration rather than utility.

For this we apologize. Perhaps we could have communicated this more clearly.

We have sent you an email and look forward to your response. We would love to have the opportunity to make sure everything is resolved and make this right.

Twisted Goat Coffee Roasters

I honestly don't understand why this app has such great reviews! My main issue for hating this app was when I was finally done creating my design and carefully laying it out - Looks good to preview - Then you go to publish and look at your live page and its a completely its different scale and looks like crap. I tried to make it work but its a guessing game what your page builder will look like from preview to publish. For $99 a month this should work better! Thanks for wasting my time. Please don't spend your money on this app people!

October 27, 2020

Hey Meagan,

Thanks so much for speaking with me on the phone. We're glad that you're willing to give us a second change and we really appreciate your patience while we continue to investigate this issue.

I've left you a voicemail today providing more information as we continue to work on this. Please feel free to send us an email at anytime. I will reach out to you by phone as soon as I have more information regarding this.

Thanks again,

excursionshawaii

Warning! If you use this app and want to pause it so you don't have to pay the fee while not using it they will not do that. You have to delete the app and then after a couple months all your saved info is deleted. This means when you reload it and try to use it most of the information on each page is gone and you have to rebuild the majority of each page. Buttons, links to other pages and everything!

October 6, 2020

Hey Paul,

So sorry to hear that your pages were lost when uninstalling the app. In the past we kept all of your data on your account so that you can easily reinstall the app at anytime and manage your pages as if you never left. However, to be GDPR compliant, Shopify has instructed us to remove data from the users account. After 14 days, the data from the account is removed and will be lost. We send out an email to every user that uninstalls warning them of this change.

We understand that this is frustrating and I have passed along your comments to my team. We are looking into different options that we can provide to make this process better for our users. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

I've reached out to you via email and would love to hear back from you.

Hakew Pets

App doesnt work. Tells you to add "category" but nothing populates. Couldnt get past the initial setup, tried multiple browsers/machines.

September 28, 2020

Hey Vincent,

I've reached out to you via phone but was unable to reach you at this time. I've sent you an email as well.

We're so sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with Shogun Page Builder and we want to get that fixed as soon as possible so you can enjoy all of the features of our app!

It sounds like you may be experiencing a delay in syncing of your pages/products or potentially it's an issue with javascript in the theme not allowing our editor to populate. I'm confident that we can resolve the issue quickly if you were willing to give the app another chance.

If you are willing to, please re-install the app and let us know and we can look into that issue right away.

We're also happy to jump on a call if you'd prefer. Let us know the best number we can reach and a timeframe that works for you and we will do our very best to accommodate.

Thanks so much and looking forward to hearing back from you!

Previous 1 3 4