The Shopify App Store will have limited functionality due to scheduled maintenance on December 11 at 3:00pm UTC.
4.7

Merchants highly recommend this app for its intuitive, no-coding-required landing page customization. Many appreciate its user-friendly drag-and-drop feature and responsive customer service. It's praised for saving costs on developers and aiding business growth. Its ability to tailor pages to any device and sync across stores is also noted.

Edited October 6, 2020

Very bad Customer Support. Making a fool of us for last 1 month. Neither doing anything nor admitting that they cannot resolve the problem. Really sad. We are very old user of this app. Earlier we had good experience with the customer support, dont know what happened to them now.

Saurabh Mittal
India
Almost 5 years using the app
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied October 6, 2020

Hey Saurabh,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with support over the last month. I've reviewed your support interactions and I can see that you've been eagerly awaiting a fix for an issue over the last 30 days. We are so sorry that this is still impacting your account and we can certainly understand your frustration.

The engineering team has been made aware of your concerns and we have escalated the priority so that this can be resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you so much for your continued patience and we will be in touch the moment we have an update.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do in the mean time.

We'll be in touch soon.

Kalen | Team Lead, Support

October 10, 2018

I've been a subscriber for almost a year and it's a shame that no one responds at support@getshogun.com pertaining to a tech question that I have. This is actually the first time I reached out for help.

I needed help for a product launch page that went up last week. It's been 7 days, followed up 3 times over email but no one bothered to respond. On the contrary, a billing question was also sent to support@getshogun.com at the same time and it was followed up very quickly.

I have no idea where went wrong but this is definitely not the experience a five-star app would deliver.

Good Dog People™
Singapore
About 4 years using the app
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied March 18, 2019

Hey Terry- again, super sorry this happened. I know we've been in touch via email a few times. What happened was we looped in Shopify support to help us get the refund issued. You replied on that thread with some follow up questions unrelated to the refund, and we missed those questions. That's on us. We do aim for 100% customer satisfaction, and have a 24/7 global support team to serve our clients. If you need anything, please email support@getshogun.com, or email me directly. Let us know how to make it right. We're proud to still have you as a client :) Best, Nick (Cofounder, Chief Product Officer).

November 3, 2022

Whenever I need help from Shogun, there is no help. They want you to hire a professional to do your need on their app.

AGOZTECH
Over 3 years using the app
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied November 4, 2022

Hey there, Ozkan! Thanks for leaving us a review.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with our app and the support team.

I see my colleague James has been in touch via email.

I apologize in case you felt there has been no help. It looks like what you were looking to achieve isn't a native feature when it comes to the product box element we have. However, we try out best to guide you in the right direction or share a workaround when possible.

We do value your feedback and suggestions as it helps us to work on features that would help all our users.

Sweetan | Client Services

November 15, 2021

Soo many bugs, it's been really troublesome to get shogun up and running. No chat support is available. If you use Shogun expect a lot of issues and errors to arise. From newsletters submission forms to theme errors, to page settings. I do not recommend it at all! Pagefly seems to be a way better option, as it has 24/hours support. I am quite disappointed as we have been users of shogun for the past 2-3 years.

CARBO Electric Bike
About 2 years using the app
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied November 15, 2021

Hi, Lyne!

Thank you for your review and your feedback. I am sorry to see that you have had a negative experience with Shogun. We really appreciate your loyalty to the Shogun, thank you!

I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing. A member of our team will be reaching out to get more information about these issues and reviewing any prior communications that you have had with the team to ensure that any outstanding issues are resolved as efficiently as possible.

We do currently have a 24/7 support team who are always on hand to offer support. While chat support is not available on all plans, we strive to have a fast response time of fewer than 4 hours, though this is often much faster but depends on volume.

We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you to make your experience with Shogun a better one and appreciate your cooperation in working through the issues that you have been experiencing.

Karl | Manager, Technical Support

December 4, 2019

The app is very buggy. The support staff answers quickly but its always a work around and not a clear solution. Fine if you have to use it (i.e. cannot code) but be prepared to redo everything a few times to get it right.

Allied Beauty Association
Almost 2 years using the app
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied December 26, 2019

Apologies for taking a moment to get to this. We would love to get some greater detail here, so our engineering team can take a look. Can you please contact our support team and ask them to forward your email to me? support@getshogun.com Thank you very much. - Nick (cofounder, Shogun)

June 26, 2019

I lost hours of work with this buggy software. I made some edits on the page, clicked saved then publish then viewed the live page and none of the edits I made appeared on the page. I then made sure to click save then publish again several times and everytime I did that it displays that the page is published but it's still not showing in the live page. When I exit out of the page I am editing then entered again, everything that I made in the last few hours were gone.

Dr Sam Bakhtiar
Almost 2 years using the app
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied June 26, 2019

UPDATED: Dr. Bakhtiar- the engineering team isolated the issue, and this is now fixed. Again, apologies for the inconvenience. We are happy to provide a refund as our way of showing our gratitude. Thank you.

Dr. Bakhtiar- first of all, I want to extend deep apologies here, I am sure that is an incredibly frustrating experience. Our engineering team has been combing over the code and attempting to replicate the error. It seems only you and one other client had an issue here (still unacceptable). We are on top of it. Our support team should be in touch as well, but please do let us know if there is anything we can do to amend this experience. Thank you for your patience. - Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

May 7, 2021

Terrible app to use, functionality in-app v poor. Pages do not load quickly and holding pages have no exit option. Do not use.

Misfits Health
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied May 7, 2021

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your review and for taking my call earlier - I'll follow up with you next week, as discussed.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Shogun and we hope that we can help you turn that around - I do see that you recently wrote in regarding landing page templates, a colleague of mine was in the process of replying to this as your review came in and will get back to you.

I would really appreciate it if you could get back to my colleague so that we can be sure to set you in the right direction and hopefully turn your experience around.

Update: unfortunately we have tried to get in touch with you numerous times to help you resolve the issues that you are having but you were unresponsive to our team - we would love to help you out if you have a chance to get back to our team. :)

Many thanks,

Karl | Team Lead, Technical Support

March 2, 2022

If you care about ranking on the search engines do not use this product. The code slows down your site to a crawl. I was ranking #1 on Google on all 4 of my target keywords. After a few weeks of adding the code to my site the rankings dropped off completely. This product cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales. It took me a while to figure out what was the cause, but I had my developer remove the ShoGun code and I started ranking again within a week or two. DO NOT USE THIS APP. It's great for A/B testing and making quick website changes, but it will kill your chances of ranking in organic search. I repeat stay away. I asked their developers and they said it was SEO friendly, but it clearly was not.

www.MarineVinylFabric.com
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied March 2, 2022

Hey David,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had this experience with Shogun Page Builder. We know that SEO, search ranking, and site speed are important metrics in growing your business. Given what you've said about what changed on your website, I too would have questions.

We would be thrilled to have the opportunity to make things right. We don't have a full understanding of the issue just yet, but we would appreciate the chance to jump on the phone and learn more.

We've sent an email your way and I spoke with Leslie on the phone and left a number I can be reached at directly. Feel free to give me a call anytime. Would love to hear from you.

Kalen | Team Lead, Support

April 7, 2022

Shambolic - terrible service. The AB testing tool does not work at all and their excuses as to why were laughable. Stay away.

Wuffes
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied April 7, 2022

Hey Josh,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry that you were experiencing issues with our AB Testing tool, our engineering team are aware of this issue and have successfully identified the issue. They are currently investigating solutions to this and hope to have a resolution soon. I totally understand the frustration when a feature is not working as expected.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to turn your negative experience around.

Karl | Manager, Technical Support

October 20, 2019

Would love to see how the app works! Nobody can help make it work for me after 3 hours and tech support is nonexistent on weekends. Getting back you you in 48 hours is not OK for paying hundreds per month.

SleepFirst
About 1 year using the app
Shogun Labs, Inc. replied October 20, 2019

Hello Chris- sorry to hear the frustration. We actually do have technical support on the weekends, Jill comes on afternoon (PST) time- and we have general support that can escalate to weekend engineering team members if it's urgent. I checked with Jana (who has been working with you via live chat)- looks like the syncing feature is working just fine- we checked inside your account as well. Did you manage to get everything you needed? I'm always working (weekends too)- so please feel free to reach out anytime. Thank you. - Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)