SKUGen

SKUGen

by WebShopAssist

Easy to use SKU generator and label printer for your products

My Righteous Apparel

This app generates SKUs for products and variants that we create. A lot of our products are print on demand and they come with their own SKU's. Obviously, you do not want to change the SKUs assigned by a print shop. This app has never changed any of our existing SKUs. It just creates SKUs for the products that don't have one and only if we want it to. Using the same SKUs on Shopify, Etsy, eBay, etc is what makes it possible to use Shopify as the only place we have to process orders. I highly recommend this app if you need to create SKUs for your products.

September 2, 2021

Thank you very much for your review!

Modern&Home

Great app with excellent features. Very helpful customer service team. Got my issues resolved quickly.

July 28, 2021

Thank you very much for your review!

Skunkwerx Ind

I paid for the advanced option so I could update one product and it overwrote my entire catalog. No mater which option I choose, all products, collection, or product, it re writes all products.

July 12, 2021

Thank you for your review and we apologise for your experience.

The app can target only one product for generation.
You can also use the "Set only missing codes" option to avoid overwriting existing SKUs.

We'd be happy to clarify how the app is working if you'll contact us on the support email.

Platypus Max

Very handy app to get unique SKUs added for all my new products. I am on the free plan and can just click a single button to update all my new items at any time, though I believe this can be automated with a paid plan. Either way, it's super handy if you are trying to use Shopify as your source data for other stores.

June 18, 2021

Thank you so much for your review!

designs2cpgh

I was struggling to format a very specific jewelry label . SKUGen was super responsive, trouble shooting my unique issue and working with me until it was resolved. I am extremely happy that I chose this particular app and would highly recommend it to others.

The Hambledon

This is a great app with functionality for many needs. The standout though is their online assistance. They were super prompt at replying to emails and quickly fixed an issue I was having. Thank you Bogdan!

March 18, 2021

Thank you! I appreciate it!

OurWellness

SKUgen rocks! As a multi-channel retailer offering thousands of products from hundreds of brands, it is indispensable. This app solved our problem, and the support received in customizing it to ensure SKU uniqueness was phenomenal. We are very happy and highly recommend it. Just download and reach out if need be, you will be glad you did!

Slate Avenue

I use this app to generate unique SKUs required for listings on Amazon. My supplier SKUs are not unique and needed to be extended with additional characters while preserving the original SKU per my supplier. SKUGen had the functionality I needed to generate a new SKU but not to append to an existing SKU. I reached out and upon careful consideration they made the change and it works great. I high recommend this app.

WellBox

Button to generate SKUs is grey out. Updated to the £1.99 monthly plan and it still seems greyed out. Some clarification on why this is would be helpful.

January 29, 2021

Thank you for your review.
The Generate button is greyed out if the options you selected are not part of your current plan.
The $1.99 plan is for Automatic generation, but it does not include all generation options which are part of the "Advanced options" (one-time fee)

Just Stuff I Sell

I used to not have to worry about this app. They did an update at some point that now, half the time, the auto generate doesn't work and I end up have to manually go back and edit sku numbers. it really stinks as I am listing products manually across multiple sales channels and so having the correct sku is super important I'm grandfathered in under the "Price Increase" they had and thinking this may be part of the problem - i.e. a bug of some sort as we're not paying their full premium etc. One would certainly hope that if you are going to pay for the auto generate, it would be reliable. At this point, I am having to go back in and verify the sku was generated and applied. When not, I have to go back and manually correct the SKU in the product and other sales channels. At this point, I most certainly could not recommend this to you for a no hassle auto generate and apply sku solution. It's workable if you don't mind the possibility that you need to go behind the app and correct it.

January 25, 2021

Thank you for your review.
The auto-generate functionality is working, but there is one possible scenario when you could overwrite the SKU generated by the app.
This can happen when you create the new product manually. It usually takes few seconds for the app to get the message from Shopify that a new product was created and to save the newly generated SKU.
If you do not refresh the page, to load the SKU generated by the app, and save the product again (with the SKU field empty) you will overwrite it.
Hope this helps.