Split ‑ Partial Payments

Split ‑ Partial Payments

by SpurIT

Partial, Split and Share Payments

Alaska Flower Girls Peony Farm

Alexander was very helpful in helping me to see if this app will fit the needs of our store. It didn't quite fit our unusual requests, but he also recommended a different app that fit some of our other strange needs. Ultimately, neither worked but they are now building a custom app with a combo of both. Alexander was fast, professional and helpful. I am looking forward to working with them more in the near future.

Casey Withers

I have sent several emails to support and have not received a response. If anybody from the developer sees this please reply to me at skirinsky1029@gmail.com for site caseywithers.com!!!

August 21, 2020

Thanks for your feedback and sorry that you've faced such difficulties and inconvenience. We've contacted you via email in order to help and believe that all the issues will be resolved soon :)

REVIVIFY

Three stars because support was very responsive but app function doesn't suit my business needs. Also the tools don't work with every theme making implementation difficult and support necessary.

I used this app because a shopper requested the option to split a payment. I was excited to learn splitting payments was possible and that an app existed to do so.

However after working with the app for a day I realized a few issues: 1. it inflates sales. The app creates the order multiple times, one for each partial payment and then a final order once all the payments are submitted. Shopify analytics doesn't know the partial orders are not sales thus resulting in duplicate sales.

2. It marks each partial order as paid instead of marking a single order as partially paid and only uses a note to identify between the order statuses. This is an issue for our store because we have a large inventory and our order processor routes orders based on order status. Marking each partial order as paid puts my store at risk of shipping orders multiple times.

3. The support team was unable to restore the code on the cart page after I removed the split payment button and told me I needed to contact the developer for my theme to fix a problem that did not exist until they made changes to my theme.

If it weren't for the issues stated in 1 and 2 I would happily use this theme. It's unfortunate that it doesn't align with our business reporting or processes.

August 17, 2020

Thanks for your feedback and sorry that you've faced such inconvenience. We tried to contact you via email in order to discuss this situation but didn't receive any response yet. Please drop us a line at your convenience. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Mels Crafty Mojo LLC

UPDATE: I would like to update to say I was contacted almost immediately after posting my review and offered support in a very professional and customer-focused manner. If I could give a separate review for the developer it would most likely be a 5 star review. For the app itself, though, my rating remains at 2 stars until the issues below are changed.
The app basically does what the description states. However, the method used creates several issues.
1. It uses a discount code to 'remove the other half' of the order total. As a result, customers cannot use any discount codes they would normally use.
2. Since it creates 2 duplicate orders and uses a discount code to remove half the payment, when the customer completes the first order, they now have a receipt for a PAID IN FULL order saying that they were GIVEN A DISCOUNT of 1/2 off (and free shipping because it sets the first checkout to free shipping to prevent charging shipping twice). Technically speaking, they have paid in full for an order and are entitled to the merchandise based on the receipt they now have, and the store is now out 50% of the value of the order. Even if you cancel the order and refund the 50% the customer paid, they have full grounds and DOCUMENTATION to run around and leave reviews and tell people that you provide bad service because you "cancelled their order just because you didn't want them to get the discount you originally gave them."
3. If you have free shipping set up in your shipping settings, based on a minimum order amount, and its set to calculate the amount after any discounts are applied, this app will not be compatible. For example, say your settings are for free shipping for orders of $50 or more after discounts are applied. Your customer creates an order for $60 and wants to split payment. The app creates 2 duplicate orders and sets the first one for $30 and free shipping with a $30 discount, and sets the second one for $30 with a $30 discount. On the second one, because the total is less than $50 the customer now can't get free shipping.

The concept is nice and would be very helpful, but the method used to execute it here is just not well thought out given even the most elementary potential failure modes.
I am waiting on a customer now to finish paying the 2nd half of an order and then will be uninstalling. Best of luck in the future. If these issues are corrected I would be willing to try again.

April 8, 2020

Thanks for your feedback. We tried to contact you over the phone and via email but didn't receive any response yet. Please drop us a line at your convenience in order to discuss the situation. Thanks in advance!

Rock Blocks

Initially gave this app a 1 star review. PLEASE NOTE: THIS APP DOES NOT TAKE ANY AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS. It simply splits the payments for your customers, and you have to rely on your customers honor to pay during the time period you give them. Well, I had 5 customers that didn't pay once the deadline came and went. Now, their status says "expired" on the app. Now, I have to take the time to email each customer individually that a payment has not been made, because I cannot do anything about this status on the app. I was informed I can't do anything once the deadline has passed. I'm now out $150. If customers knew this about any shop that carries this app, they could actually just wait to get their item, and decide not to pay since it's not an automatic payment. I can't rely on customers to honor their word to pay once they've received the item. There's no incentive then. Gave an extra star for the customer service rep that calmly helped me.

March 27, 2020

Thanks for your feedback. We tried to contact you via email, please drop us a line at your convenience in order to discuss the situation.

HUNT Country Furniture

This is only 5 days free trial not 7 days as it states in the app store.
If even this can't be accurate, how will the app work properly? Big red flag!

January 16, 2020

Thanks for your feedback! We've sent you an email message in order to discuss the situation. Please contact us at your convenience. Hope to hear from you soon!

G-FORCE POWERSPORTS

Seems like a great app so far - BUT how do you account for product shipping costs? if the split payment happens in the cart and shipping is calculated at check out

November 21, 2019

Thank you for your review!
Please contact us via live chat within the app, so we could describe the app's workflow. Have a great day!

Kurly Klips

Rating 5 stars for the impeccable customer service! Still waiting to see if customers will use this feature, but the Split team helped me integrate their product beautifully into my store.

September 17, 2019

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear our support specialists were able to provide you with the amazing service that we're proud of. Let us know if you need any help!

Bright Amos

Downloaded the app, and was confused about the button configuration. Customer service was great and responsive! Received help immediately and got everything resolved within 5 mins!

September 17, 2019

We are most grateful that you took time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any help!

Viking Runes

Good idea, thanks for providing this ability. this app is really useful. Some customers just don't have enough money or want to share the amount with friends and this app helps them with this. And they keep buying from me!

August 22, 2019

Thanks for your review, we're really glad to hear the app is meeting your business' needs! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns.

Previous 1 3 4