The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.
this is my first time try to use partial payment app. The support team is really helpful when I was facing trouble dealing with the UI. Friendly support, responsive development team. i will give a 5 stars!
Just got this app recently. I was looking for a while to find some way to do shared purchasing. So happy I found this app. Support has been great too.
I really love how simple it is to set up..i love all the customizations it has...if i could give this 7,8,9, 10 stars i sure would...highly recommend this app....
Crafty Vinyl Boutique
Download to use for a customer for a very large order. It put each partial order invoice through and cancelled them and created one final invoice but with shopify the amount shows as a double sale so my account and books will be completely off. I do not like this at all.
Thanks for your feedback. We tried to contact you via email in order to discuss this case but didn't receive a response yet. Please drop us a line at your convenience.
Hope to hear from you soon!
This app could be helpful in certain environments, but not if you use print on demand or other vendors where orders are triggered automatically when a customer places them. A new order is created for each split order thus triplicating orders with other vendors.
Thanks for your reedback and sorry that you've faced inconvenience :(
Please feel free to contact us 24/7 in case of any difficulties with our apps in future, we are always here to assist.
Alaska Flower Girls Peony Farm
Alexander was very helpful in helping me to see if this app will fit the needs of our store. It didn't quite fit our unusual requests, but he also recommended a different app that fit some of our other strange needs. Ultimately, neither worked but they are now building a custom app with a combo of both. Alexander was fast, professional and helpful. I am looking forward to working with them more in the near future.
I have sent several emails to support and have not received a response. If anybody from the developer sees this please reply to me at email@example.com for site caseywithers.com!!!
Thanks for your feedback and sorry that you've faced such difficulties and inconvenience. We've contacted you via email in order to help and believe that all the issues will be resolved soon :)
Three stars because support was very responsive but app function doesn't suit my business needs. Also the tools don't work with every theme making implementation difficult and support necessary.
I used this app because a shopper requested the option to split a payment. I was excited to learn splitting payments was possible and that an app existed to do so.
However after working with the app for a day I realized a few issues: 1. it inflates sales. The app creates the order multiple times, one for each partial payment and then a final order once all the payments are submitted. Shopify analytics doesn't know the partial orders are not sales thus resulting in duplicate sales.
2. It marks each partial order as paid instead of marking a single order as partially paid and only uses a note to identify between the order statuses. This is an issue for our store because we have a large inventory and our order processor routes orders based on order status. Marking each partial order as paid puts my store at risk of shipping orders multiple times.
3. The support team was unable to restore the code on the cart page after I removed the split payment button and told me I needed to contact the developer for my theme to fix a problem that did not exist until they made changes to my theme.
If it weren't for the issues stated in 1 and 2 I would happily use this theme. It's unfortunate that it doesn't align with our business reporting or processes.
Thanks for your feedback and sorry that you've faced such inconvenience. We tried to contact you via email in order to discuss this situation but didn't receive any response yet. Please drop us a line at your convenience. Hope to hear from you soon! :)
Mels Crafty Mojo LLC
UPDATE: I would like to update to say I was contacted almost immediately after posting my review and offered support in a very professional and customer-focused manner. If I could give a separate review for the developer it would most likely be a 5 star review. For the app itself, though, my rating remains at 2 stars until the issues below are changed.
The app basically does what the description states. However, the method used creates several issues.
1. It uses a discount code to 'remove the other half' of the order total. As a result, customers cannot use any discount codes they would normally use.
2. Since it creates 2 duplicate orders and uses a discount code to remove half the payment, when the customer completes the first order, they now have a receipt for a PAID IN FULL order saying that they were GIVEN A DISCOUNT of 1/2 off (and free shipping because it sets the first checkout to free shipping to prevent charging shipping twice). Technically speaking, they have paid in full for an order and are entitled to the merchandise based on the receipt they now have, and the store is now out 50% of the value of the order. Even if you cancel the order and refund the 50% the customer paid, they have full grounds and DOCUMENTATION to run around and leave reviews and tell people that you provide bad service because you "cancelled their order just because you didn't want them to get the discount you originally gave them."
3. If you have free shipping set up in your shipping settings, based on a minimum order amount, and its set to calculate the amount after any discounts are applied, this app will not be compatible. For example, say your settings are for free shipping for orders of $50 or more after discounts are applied. Your customer creates an order for $60 and wants to split payment. The app creates 2 duplicate orders and sets the first one for $30 and free shipping with a $30 discount, and sets the second one for $30 with a $30 discount. On the second one, because the total is less than $50 the customer now can't get free shipping.
The concept is nice and would be very helpful, but the method used to execute it here is just not well thought out given even the most elementary potential failure modes.
I am waiting on a customer now to finish paying the 2nd half of an order and then will be uninstalling. Best of luck in the future. If these issues are corrected I would be willing to try again.
Thanks for your feedback. We tried to contact you over the phone and via email but didn't receive any response yet. Please drop us a line at your convenience in order to discuss the situation. Thanks in advance!
Initially gave this app a 1 star review. PLEASE NOTE: THIS APP DOES NOT TAKE ANY AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS. It simply splits the payments for your customers, and you have to rely on your customers honor to pay during the time period you give them. Well, I had 5 customers that didn't pay once the deadline came and went. Now, their status says "expired" on the app. Now, I have to take the time to email each customer individually that a payment has not been made, because I cannot do anything about this status on the app. I was informed I can't do anything once the deadline has passed. I'm now out $150. If customers knew this about any shop that carries this app, they could actually just wait to get their item, and decide not to pay since it's not an automatic payment. I can't rely on customers to honor their word to pay once they've received the item. There's no incentive then. Gave an extra star for the customer service rep that calmly helped me.
Thanks for your feedback. We tried to contact you via email, please drop us a line at your convenience in order to discuss the situation.