Language Translate ‑ Transcy

Language Translate ‑ Transcy

by Transcy

Translate store in multi languages, GEO auto currency switcher

HUNK USA

5-Star Reviews are Deceiving - Read the 1&2 Stars to make an informed decision I am not one to spend time reviewing apps, but this app with 4.7 average reviews at the time is extremely deceiving. The 5-star reviews are mostly from beginners who install it and thing it "looks good". If you actually speak the translated language and have 3rd party apps that need translation, you will be extremely frustrated at how hard it is to actually customize things. Once installed it messed up my Size selector, sizes, product titles, and other things. There is no way to customize many of the translations unless you contact support and they "fix it" DON't LET THEM! Why they do is they go and hardcode a bunch of lines that won't go away once you finally give up and remove the application. This app is a black-box auto translator and their staff is helpless. While their suppport staff seems friendly and will attempt helping you, the design of the app is so poor that their only way to help you would be to hardcode things that will eventually break your site. Product translation is awful. Most apps would get you a search bar and show a list of your products in which you can go and quicly modify titles. this app will you you products and you have to click each, open a new window, click edit, before you can edit one title. Then save, go back two levels above, and repeat your search. Extremely inefficient if you need to edit things. And unless you don't know the translated language, you know most likely any serious store will need to edit texts and more. Save yourself the headache. DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP.

July 16, 2021

Hi HUNK,

I'm Amanda from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team and we sincerely apologize your bad experience with us.

Regarding to your concern as following:

1. The first issue is unable to edit content from third party apps. For making it clear, our app will detect the element built by third party apps and then translated them automatically. However because it's from third party apps, so it does not allow our app to edit its content.

2. Secondly, I have realized your page contains lots of elements coming from third party apps such as size variants they have some specific codes which are not compatible with our app. However, if this error is not out of our control, we're still able to fix it.

3. As you said that "Why they do is they go and hardcode a bunch of lines that won't go away once you finally give up and remove the application", you mean after you uninstall our app, some leftover code will show. If yes, as usual our app code will disappear and there will be no change from your site. Sometimes, there will have some lines of code leftover on your site for some reasons, but no worries much, we have published the article how to remove it completely on your store with some simple steps or if you cannot do it, please contact our support team to handle it for you.

4. As you mentioned that "Most apps would get you a search bar and show a list of your products in which you can go and quicly modify titles", our app still has the search bar to do it. However, your feedback about the process to edit in-app, I have noted this point and forward to concern team to improve it as soon as possible.

Once again, we're deeply sorry for this inconvenience and your feedback is necessary for us to improve our app in the better way. As my colleague has sent you a follow-up email, please kindly check it for further help. Hope to hear from you soonest.

Amanda

SHEER Watch

I like the interface of the currency switcher, more sleek than the one i was using. However, it seems like this app slowed down my site from 36 to 13. Luckily i backed up my theme and i load them back to get to 36.
But when i reinstalled this app, it dropped down to 19 again and still dropping... So CS team, don't try to throw the ball back to me saying other apps is affecting, cos clearly it isn't true. i haven't changed anything for months, and the slowness only happens after i installed your app. So you are the culprit, no one else.
And i am good now with another app, my speed now is maintaining at 40. good enough for me. So stop bugging me, thanks.

June 28, 2021

Hi Json,

I'm Kieran from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team. We're deeply sorry for this inconvenience caused.

In relation to your issue as the slow loading speed after installing our app. Firstly I got your point and as you know that this issue is sensitive, it may come from different features and it doesn't come entirely from our app.

However, for further investigation and try to help you as soon as possible, could you please consider to reinstall our app and let us have one more chance to support you with the highest priority? As I have checked and seen that you're having an active chat with my colleague, please let them know if you need further support. Once again hope you sympathize for us.

Kieran

Altterre

The app is very slow and lag all the time, really frustrating. Also, hundreds of random words from my themes are taken into consideration, even though they are not present on my website. It becomes impossible to find a word to translate in particular. And the team is not helpful with that.

June 4, 2021

Hi 朱大掰,

I'm Peter from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team and we're deeply sorry for this inconvenience caused.

Regarding to your concern as following:

The first issue is the loading page speed in back end, If it happened on back end, it depends on how many pages as well as languages you're translating, it means the more pages or languages you have, the slow loading speed it should be.

The second issue as "Also, hundreds of random words from my themes are taken into consideration, even though they are not present on my website", the random words may come from your store theme, also because of theme limit, our app cannot detect those words in-app to edit, our app just automatically translate it properly, in case you want to edit it, we will help you from our system. For further check and help you resolve completely, my colleague has contacted you properly, please let them about it.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Peter

IPLWebsite

I want to embed it into the footers and fix the position, please tell me how to achieve it? You have to distinguish between primary and secondary, in a store, goods are always the protagonist, and as a translation and currency switching plug-in is only a supporting role, you go to see the mainstream website, most of them are placed in the fixed and unimportant position of the footers, you have to provide the best choice scheme and high-level customization scheme, so that your products can sell better

May 23, 2021

Hi Luke,

I'm Jane from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team and we're deeply sorry for your bad experience with us.

In relation to your issue as switcher's position, for making it clear our app does provide many options to configure the switcher's appearance as well as its position on the website, may I know you have tried with it on switcher menu to find which is the best for your website?

Besides that if you want to embed it into the footer, we're willing to help you. Also we can see you uninstalled our app after few minutes without asking for support from us. Could you please consider to reinstall our app and let us have a chance to support you with the highest priority?

Jane

madeinbrazilfit.com

I modify my review because a customer service employee invited me to comment when I had not yet tried the application. I needed to make some modifications in the switcher and the customer service was terrible, they tried to help me but they did not have enough knowledge to do it and while they were making changes the language selector looked terrible on my online website... I will have to look for other options

May 10, 2021

Hi Carina,

I'm Vera from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced with our app.

For your case, because our agent did not support you in the right way and we have a proper training for them. As I have checked because you uninstalled our app already, so we cannot help you. If possible, you please consider to reinstall our app and give us one more time to support you with the highest priority.

Vera

MAuto

DO NOT USE THEM! 24/7 - NOT TRUE
TRANSLATION IS HORRIBLE, DO NOT TRUST THEM!
PROMISE YOU WILL REGRET! DO NOT TRUST THEM, DO NOT TRUST THEM, DO NOT TRUST THEM! FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!

April 29, 2021

Hi Joe,

I'm Anna from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team. We're deeply sorry for this inconvenience caused and sadly to see your updated review from positive to negative like this.

We're still serving all users via 24/7 live chat or email. For your case, because the issue is related to complicated code, so we need forward your case to concern team as Developer team to check and fix it further, as a result, it needs to spend more time to investigate the root cause and fix it completely.

As I have checked and seen that you're having an active chat with my colleague, please let them know if you need further support. Once again hope you sympathize for us and enjoy your experience with us.

Anna

Foodpoint.hk

they provide Chinese traditional language but the translation is totally wrong and they didn't have the Chinese Hong Kong Icon and wording. the staff should have more training before the start with their work. instead of checking he only said "unfortunately" and this guy is work in CS team. thanks to Raymond to lost 1 customer

March 11, 2021

Hi there,

This is Jacob from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team and we`re truly sorry for this inconvenience caused.

Regarding to your concerns as following:

1. Firstly, in case your translation does not reach your expectation, you can edit it manually in our app.

2. "they didn't have the Chinese Hong Kong Icon and wording", for making it clear, we would like to explain that the flag (icon) and its description were synced automatically from Shopify, it's a limitation from Shopify. However, we are having an internal discussion with Shopify to improve it in the better way.

3. We will note your feedback in relation to my colleague as his supporting skill about your case, also this feedback would be helpful for us to take this disadvantage experience to improve our supporting skills. Once again, we extremely apologize for this unfortunately situation which occurred to you.

You are having a follow-up email with my colleague, please let them know if you need further support.

Jacob

Makeup Land

Tried to use this app, but unfortunately, this app created too many issues, and did not work in my case.
1. My search results became a a mess - all the titles multiplied 5 times 2. Getbutton icon that allows customers to communicate with us via WhatsApp became unusable and huge
3. Their support is there, but not really solving the issue, nor I can tell in confident they understood my problem.
4. After removal of the app, their code has been left in my template and still caused problems to my site appearance. I had to pay developers to find the problem and remove their code manually. It looks like big and complicated system and I would suggest to try this app on non-production site first, to avoid issues like mine.

March 2, 2021

Hi there,

This is Jesse from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team and we`re truly sorry for this inconvenience caused.

As we have checked your case and seen that

1. "My search results became a a mess - all the titles multiplied 5 times", recently Shopify has changed some rules on their system. In this update, they've found some small bugs unexpectedly that might affect to our functionalities or working process in few cases and we're noticed from Shopify system already.

2. "Getbutton icon that allows customers to communicate with us via WhatsApp became unusable and huge", once you translate your page, something such as icon or button from your website might be affected, and this can be completely fixed by us.

3. We have checked your conversation with my related colleague who has supported directly your case to avoid this next time.

4. Leftover code issue, sometimes, there will have some lines of code leftover on your site for some reasons. However, we have an published article for this and you can resolve it by yourself.

You are having an active chat with my Dev support, please consider to reinstall our app and let us have a chance to support with the highest priority?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Jesse

Invasion Games SE

Useless. It drained all my words by translating english to english. Also ongoing translation was not able to be cancelled. No warning that only 3% of the website was going to be translated (We accidentaly chose a category og 67.000 pages and was not able to stop it. We spoke to support and they stopped replying. Also, the support was calling me "Dear" all the time, who does that? Wasted 40 USD.

February 24, 2021

Hi there,

I'm Jess from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to your store.

As I have checked your case and seen that you accidentally choose your collection page to translate, unfortunately this page has too much words, so your available words run out. However, our app has not yet the function to stop translation once you press the button "translate", also the translated words cannot be reverted.

For your case, firstly I would like to recommend that you can buy more words to translate. Secondly, if the translation does not reach your expectation, you can edit it manually from our app.

Since you uninstalled our app already, could you please consider to reinstall our app and let us have a chance to support you with the highest priority Besides that, you are having an active chat with my colleague, please let them know if you need further support.

Jess

Bikers PR

Very bad user navigation, I get a lot problems with my store translation. The user interface don't scrolling down its very lag. I want to cancel my subscription but i don't see in any where to cancel, it this is another fall.I uninstall my app, but the company charge my the middle plan price ($17.90). When I reinstall my app to see if its work better, the app say that I need to pay the same tariff again. I WANT MY MONEY BACK !!!!!!

February 21, 2021

Hi there,

Here's Bella from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Support Team and we are truly sorry for this inconvenience caused.

In relation to your problem as following:

1. You said that "I get a lot problems with my store translation and The user interface don't scrolling down its very lag", please elaborate your concern along with your screenshot so we can help you further.

2. To cancel your subscription, you have to uninstall our app from Shopify admin then the subscription will be cancelled as well. You won't be charged on next billing.

3. App charge, for making it clear that within 30 days of your current billing cycle, you can uninstall and re-install our app several times without being double charge or multiple charges on your billing payment. (Just approve the charge, and you won't be billed twice)

As you are having an active chat with my colleague, please let them know if you need further support.

Bella