Automatic Discounts & Gifts

Automatic Discounts & Gifts

by Tabarnapp

Tiered Pricing, Member Discounts, Auto Gifts, Upsells & more

Hush Puppies Honduras

If you want an app and a good support, this app is not the one, because I just got an issue with the app and I wrote for support but the first email answer me that I set up bad the app, I anwers again for help but after that I didn't get any response, Don't pay for this.

February 3, 2021

Hi, sorry for the delay, I was checking how the DCart app behaves alongside our app, with our app activated and deactivated. The issue is the same when our app doesn't run, it does fill the DCart discount field with %20 empty parameter (http://somup.com/crnfVho9bX). I've dropped an email to the DCart developers just now, hopefully they come back to me soon. My colleague will also try something in a few hours, when he's back at the office. We'll keep you posted via email.

HRH Equestrian

I installed the app on Nov 21 and after trying to set it up and even messaging the support team, I was told what I wanted to do was not possible. Uninstalled it on Nov 24 - with 3-day-free-trial period, and to my big surprise, got charged for it on my Shopify bill this morning. I just emailed support - I hope they reimburse me. This is an extra charge I was not planning in this Covid/Christmas time when every cent is important.

December 12, 2020

Hi Catherine, sorry about that. Indeed, our app makes a charge 72 hours (3 days) after the app is installed, once the free trial starts (when you select a plan and approve the charge). From what I see, you've installed and have approved the charge on November 18th and have uninstalled on 24th (https://gyazo.com/7df67181c9a8e44ce4e118675d50f16c)

The only way for me to process a refund is if the app is still installed. Otherwise Shopify doesn't allow me to do so. As I can see, the app is uninstalled now. You can either re-install the app and I process the refund or contact Shopify Billing to open a refund request.

Si vous voulez, je peux faire les démarches pour vous auprès de Shopify pour que vous vous fassiez rembourser. J'apprécierais en retour que vous supprimiez votre avis sur cette page.

Merci et désolé, encore une fois.

- Derek

홈쇼핑월드

I installed this app to try free trial. I didn’t find what I was looking for and uninstalled it before it expired. But they ended up charging me and now they don’t even care to respond to my and Shopify agent’s email requesting a refund.

October 26, 2020

*Update 10/27/2020: the refund is being processed by Shopify*

Hi, I can see that you've first installed the app on September 21st and our script made a charge on September 30th, which happens to be after the 7-day trial ended.

I didn't and still don't see the email from your store 홈쇼핑월드 nor from Shopify agent. Could you email us to support@tabarnapp.com? We'll authorize the refund for sure, no worry.

Imperial Terrain

I was really hoping to be able to use this app to provide a better user experience for my customers using automatic discount codes. Unfortunately, we never got it to work despite implementing recommended steps by Tabarnapp. A bit of a disappointment and a giant waste of time.

October 11, 2020

Really sorry for the inconveniences and waste of time. We should have helped more. If it's not too late, we could make the setup for you, free of charge of course.

Modemeter Stoffmarkt

We searched for an app that could combine 2 different discounts on Shopify - because in Germany we have for 6 months a VAT deduction - plus our summersales. So we tried this app and it doesn't do the job at all. Besides its very complicated to set up. We tried another app that works fantastically.

July 25, 2020

Thanks for the feedback about our app, I'm sorry for the issues you encountered. May I ask you what wasn't working, or what was complicated to set up? I'm simply trying to improve the product and avoid such bad experience for other Shopify merchants.

About the fact it's not able to apply 2 discounts per order, indeed it's not possible to achieve that using discount codes. Did you see in our app listing that we said otherwise? If so, please tell me and we'll adjust its content. For example, in the tagline under the app name, it says "Customers get the best one", meaning only one discount per order is allowed by Shopify.

That being said, applying multiple discounts is achievable using our Smart Deal codes, which encapsulate multiple discounts into one code. And it's also possible to apply it automatically, using a rule.

I understand that it's frustrating searching an app for 2 hours, trying it and not being able to set it up. I'm sorry for that, truly, though we would have loved to have the chance to app if you would have contacted us.

No worry, you won't get charged, you only had the app installed for an hour or so, therefore you were still in your free trial period.

EAV Boutique

The "free" plan content would indicate that basic rules for discounts would be available. They are not. I realize I shouldn't complain about anything provided for free, but I wasted 40 minutes trying to figure out what I was missing.

April 21, 2020

Hi Eva, sorry for the confusion about our pricing. Could you point where you saw the Basic rules were included in the free version of the app? We'll change this to avoid mistakenly misguide other people like you.

In about 2 weeks from now, we'll simplify our pricing to avoid such confusion.

REK Cosmetics

WARNING. DO NOT PURCHASE. I paid the developer to have them unlock options needed to give freebies away to customers. They did that and their app doesn't minus the freebies given to customers out of the inventory on hand. They said it was Shopify's fault. They will not respond nor will they refund you for anything you paid. I found this flaw out when the freebies my customers were requesting, I no longer had in stock. I had to go could all my inventory and update the system. It was a disaster. DO NOT PURCHASE. There are better apps out there with better support.

December 9, 2019

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Like we've discussed over the phone today, the $49.99 one-time fee was refunded via app credits on June 25th, 2019. About the monthly charges, we've also authorized Shopify to process the refund. As for the issue itself, the piece of info you told us today really helps us investigating: the pre-order app (Preorderly) might have conflicted with the inventory update. We had previously tested in 4 other stores (without this app installed) and all was working smoothly. That's why we previously said we couldn't replicate the issue, as the inventory level was adjusting after each free gift sold. We'll run tests in a store with the Preorderly app and come back to you with our findings.

Hex Girl

Paid $50 just to unlock the app to find out it does not allow me to do what it literally advertises. This app claims you can create discounts based on the URL which the customer comes from (I'm trying to give a discount to customers with a .edu email). I upgraded twice and even on the advance plan there is absolutely no option for this. Not user friendly and quite frankly a waste of money since the app description misleads you to believe the app can do more than it says. I literally paid to unlock a feature that doesn't even exist. Wish I could be refunded.

November 5, 2019

Hi, first of all, thanks for your feedback. We do offer a refund, simply contact us via email to support@tabarnapp.com, or if you already have uninstalled the app, contact directly billing@shopify.com.

About your issue, the app doesn't claim to offer discount based on the traffic source, if that's what you meant. This is not yet implemented in our Discount rules. It claims to allow to create discount links, and by sharing them, to give a discount based on where (which link) the customer is coming from.

About your need of giving a discount to @edu emails, we're currently implementing our Smart Deals feature from our Carter app into our Automatic Discount app. In the Smart Deals, it's possible to create a rule based on the email addresses, for example all students from @edu or all wholesalers from @company.com

YimJam

WATCH OUT!! This APP is NOT FREE and there is no "FREE" plan available.

$59.99 just to UNLOCK the APP. $12.99/month required to USE the APP. $100.00 for any Installation "help".

The app is "FREE" to download but you have to pay $60.00 to unlock the use of the app, and then another monthly fee of $13.00 to just use the app. If you don't pay the monthly fee, your $60.00 is a waste.

Here's the kicker. They'll charge you another $100.00 dollars on top of all this to "Install" it for you if you need help with anything.

Sure, the copy and paste codes are easy to follow BUT,
Their instructional videos are SO TERRIBLE that you can't get any type of value. When it gets to the part where you actually need help, they say "here are some complicated versions of it". If you know coding, great! If not, pay us.

Their instructional videos don't go over everything because they WANT to leave you hanging in the hopes that they pay you $100.00 bucks for "Installation".

Overall, you would think on top of all this, support WOULD and SHOULD be something that's added on to the service. This app will drain your pocket before you get started with any Shopify dreams you have. Stay away.

September 15, 2019

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Let me clarify our pricing. The "Free plan available" displayed by Shopify in the app listing page is specific to the "Discount Links" and "Discount Popup" feature of the app. When you install the app, you don't have to approve charge and can use the discount links feature free. It's like that since 2016, and we won't change that because many users use this feature. That's why Shopify displays "Free plan available".

As for the other paid features, like the Discount Rules and Prefilled Carts, they do require a subscription plan (every plan has a 7-day free trial that starts only when you select a plan, not on app install). Some features also require a one-time fee of $49.99, like Display Savings, which also works for merchants on the free plan. We've made a graphic of our features and pricing here: https://tabarnapp.com/automatic-discount-pricing-2/. If you did pay a one-time fee for a feature that doesn't work for you, drop us a mail and we will refund it.

About the issues you've faced, and related to the instruction videos, could you tell us what they are? Indeed, it's hard to cover everything in a single video, but we try to record a video when it's needed or requested by a merchant. We put all our videos in our Youtube playlist (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Uose34iOQ&list=PLGYOZMSnTXxUwUyZO--JpLyY7_qjegUlR)

Botany Trade Co.

1) It says 7-day free trial but app doesn't prompt you to activate this feature. Very miss leading.
I am not paying $150+ and additional one time fees without seeing whether app works on my site or not.
2) App itself seems not very user friendly, very difficult to navigate.
3) I can't find what I need to do unless i stop and read every single unnecessary tabs and columns. (while trying to avoid all "subscribe, must subscribe, this feature premium only, get now..." notifications pops everywhere...)
4) Works very slow, sometimes freezes and you have to close the windows and log in to your shopify again (I have 2018 iMac , 256mps internet)
5) Finally I was able to add a rule to test it and waited 20 minutes, still n change.
6) I don't think this worth it.
Will update again for good or bad...

July 21, 2019

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

1) When you install the app, the app is free. The 7-day free trial only starts when you enable a paid subscription (monthly or yearly plan). If you need more than 7 days to test and see if the app works for your needs, contact us.
2 & 3) We're always trying to improve the admin screens, with the addition of new features it can get crowded. The main navigation is by clicking on the badges/icons in the header. We're adding a step-by-step tutorial this week admin side to make it clearer.
4) Could you explain to us step-by-step please what you did to make it freeze? This should happen. If you take the time to send us an email to support@tabarnapp.com, that would be very appreciated.
5) If you create a discount rule (basic or advanced), you first need to activate a subscription and therefore the 7-day free trial at the same time.
6) If you explain to us your use case, we can guide you through if it's worth for your needs or not.

Previous 1 3