Rewind Backups

Rewind Backups

by Rewind

Automated Store Backups. Easily Undo, Recover, and Restore.

Nordicspeed

Works great. Site backup is fully automatic, and very easy.
We have 5300 products on our site, so its essential that we know all of that product info and hard work is protected.

Safariworks Taxidermy Sales

Very pleased. This app gives me peace of mind when I'm contemplating working on the code.

High Voltage Detox

Easy to use, robust, and great reporting features. Nicely done.

Kusaga Athletic

Highly recommended. Easy to use. 100% peace of mind knowing everything is automatically backed up with the flexibility to restore to previous status if needed.

Antiquejewelrymall

This app is a lifesaver. If your business is more than a hobby, if you have a lot of products, or if you allow developers and other apps into your store, Rewind is cheap insurance against catastrophic loss of data on Shopify.

Blaze And Leaf

Would definitely recommend to a friend or use it on another website. This app is sleek, easy to set up and use and has hugely helped with my Shopify store.

Custom Newell Posts

Great app. Easy to use. Love the peace of mind that our site is backed up regularly and effortlessly.

Br Naturals

Does what you would want and need it to do, no need to think about backups

The Sensible Mama

I had hired someone to do customizations on our theme at theSensibleMama.com last week. After a few days we noticed that we were not posting any sales. I was almost in a panic when realizing that a bug may have been introduced. It was only through pure luck that I had installed Rewind a few days earlier. I restored and we were back in business. Folks, do not operate your business without this. It is a very inexpensive insurance policy.

Gotpetsupplies

Think you don't need to backup your business if you’re using Shopify, think again.

Your website is built, hosted and maintained by the industry leader Shopify. They provide best in business eCommerce solutions for merchants. Let’s call this the foundation.

Everything built above the foundation is your business and responsibility. Products, Orders, Customers, Themes, Pages, Blogs and Collections.

We learned this the hard way. We had been using an app that was installed from the Shopify App store for approx. six months with no issues. The developers made an update to the app which changed some coding in our theme.liquid file basically shutting down our website for about 40 minutes until we could figure out what had happened. Fortunately, we were diligent about making back ups of our Theme file anytime an app was installed and or during our month end process. Take a look at your installed Apps and click the view details button. I bet you will be surprised what an app has access to and can modify.

The next thing that occurred in the last year was when we accidentally deleted a product collection containing approx. 75 sku’s. At first I thought, no big deal, I will just import the product_export file from Shopify that we had downloaded each month and we would be back up and running. Well, that was not the case. If you have ever tried to bulk import the product file with data into Shopify you know the challenge. If you have done any customization in your product description trying to get the Body (HTML) column to upload without any special characters is near impossible.

I also was under the misunderstanding that since we had uploaded our images to Shopify that if something happened we could just use the image source link contained in the product_export file to restore our images. We were wrong again! If you delete your product the hosted image is deleted immediately from Shopify.

After realizing that if something happened to our product file and if we only spent 5 minutes per sku fixing, it would take us 20 weeks working 40 hours per week restoring our product file to the original state. It is not a question of if but when you will need a backup and restore solution.

The app does exactly what it says it does and works well. We have tested by deleting group of products on purpose and then instantly rewinding them to their original state. The backup is automatic and occurs daily seamlessly. Set it and forget it until you need it.

For $1.30 or less per day how can you not have a back up and rewind solution for your business. Developers are great and very responsive!