Buy Button channel

Buy Button channel | Reviews

by Shopify

Sell your products on any website or blog.

cheflocal

The app is great for driving prospects to a smooth and proven checkout experience. I also love using the Shopify platform and app even if my website isn't built in Shopify.
I was, however, disappointed to learn that it is impossible to use a custom domain for the express checkout page. When someones presses the buy button it takes them to the .myshopify.com domain which isn't ideal. Hopefully they can fix this sooner than later

fiftyrock

Nice and easy coding/merging with website, but I’ve had some issues where customers In Safari don’t receive the “cart checkout” pop up when clicking on “add to cart”.. not a lot of info out there on fixing this..

June 11, 2020

Hi, there! Thanks for reaching out about that. This is most likely because the customer has blocked any site popups on their browser, however I'd like to look into that further for you. I'll follow up with you via email shortly for some more information. Thank you. - Brie, Shopify Support

Masato Jones

Doesn't seem to work with Twitter? This page implies it does and gives setup instructions:
"After you create a checkout link, you need to share the link with customers so that they can use it. You can copy the link text and paste it in email campaigns, social media posts, or direct messages. For example, you could paste the link in a Twitter post to let your followers easily buy a product on sale, or you could text the link to a customer who messages you asking how to buy a product."
I've followed the instructions but only get options for a website or blog.
Does this not work for Twitter now?

20 Jun 2020 Still doesn't work, No email received from Brie. Maybe because I'm a contractor working on this site so therefore my email is not the one listed as Store Contact Email?

20 July - still nothing.

June 11, 2020

Hi, there! You can certainly create a checkout link to share on Twitter. You'll want to navigate to Products > select the product > More actions > Create checkout link. You would then copy it and share it on your Twitter. I'll follow up with you via email shortly to see if you need any further assistance with that. Thanks! - Brie, Shopify Support

Homeschool Style Co.

Love using the buy button - it makes it really easy to add products into my Wordpress blog that are linked to my Shopify store. Thank you!

Venturo Watches

Buggy as hell when I tried to import my product catalog to Facebook. It simply doe not work. Keeps telling me some product info was missing but nothing was. Error, repeat, error, repeat, error.

June 3, 2020

Thank you for leaving this review. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're encountering with this error message, and I'd really like to help look into this further and provide assistance. With that said, I'll send you an email shortly with more information. I look forward to discussing this with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Statement Aura

I made my first sale through this app.
I attract traffic to my store trough blog posts, and I place several buy buttons on them.
The trick is focusing on creating a good buying experience, and then try to sell. Instead of selling directly. I mean creating a warm audience.
Once your audience begins trusting you, that is when you can make the sale.
If you have many variants of a product, you can create a single button of a one of the variants (the one that you think that goes best with your blog post). Because sometimes people just scroll down your store and don't enter the product page so they don't see all variants.
It is not complicated, I like it.

21st Century Steals-N-Deals

Only complaint - put more customization in the code generator for button. For example Pixel Size of CompareAt pricing has to be changed in code for each button. Why can't you just make a customization to change it or remove it outright from the display.

June 1, 2020

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I can definitely see how that option would be helpful! I'll be sure to pass that on to our developers so that they know you'd like to see more customization options. Thanks for the feedback! - Brie, Shopify Support

Specialist Wheels and Castors

Great feature to be able to simply add shopify to an existing site to see what sort of interest there is

Wild Bee Boutique

Not even sure how this app got installed, It looks like the Buy Button was added to almost all my inventory - but I don't want it added to all my inventory, Only inventory that I have for sale on other sales channels. It looks like I will have to manually remove the button from 700 items? Can this be fixed another way?

May 22, 2020

Hi, there! If you don't want to use the Buy Button sales channel, you can easily remove it under Settings > Sales channels in your admin (click the trash can icon). Doing this will remove it as a sales channel for all of your products by default.

If you'd like to keep the Buy Button for future use but don't want to have it available for your products for the time being, you can remove it as an option for your products using the bulk editor: https://bit.ly/2ZsaP4d or by updating your products via a CSV file: https://bit.ly/2IXhN89.

All of that said, the Buy Button won't take any action unless you manually go into the channel and create a Buy Button for a product and then embed it onto an external website, so there's no harm done if it sits as available for your products without use. I'll follow up with you via email shortly to see if you need any further help with this. Best! - Brie, Shopify Support

Getspexy

I have just started using this app to enable the shop feature on my primary company page. It looks good and appears to be working sufficiently well, but its too soon to tell. The over all set up experience was easy. Interesting feature.