Shopify Collabs , 168 reviews

2.4
Edited February 23, 2024

*** Update: Shopify customer support said there's a problem with Meta integration that they're working to fix, so there's still hope. ***

When setting up Instagram I keep getting this confirmation:
"You've now linked Shopify Collabs to Facebook"
but then on the Collabs settings this error shows:
"To connect you must grant Page permissions for at least one Facebook Page"

Looked through shopify forums but couldn't figure this out.

StudioSharonGuy
Israel
Shopify replied February 21, 2024

Hi, There. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. You will want to make sure that your Facebook account has a Facebook Page that you will be connecting your account to. If you're not sure how to create your Facebook page, please follow the steps here: https://shopify.link/6M4B. If you do have a Facebook Page and you're not sure how to grant permission to Shopify, please follow this help doc: https://shopify.link/bYpk. If you're still not able to connect your page, please contact our support team so they can take a look at this for you: https://shopify.link/WJna. Write "I need support" in the chat, and follow the prompts to connect. -Kitana, Shopify Support

February 20, 2024

We've been skeptical of this application for a while due to the number of negative reviews. We have only been testing it for less than a day and can already see a lot of potential in this. It is well developed and has plenty of nice features. The great thing is - there's no monthly fee.

The only downside I can see is with the affiliates / influencers having to sign up through Shopify's own website rather than our own. It was incredibly easy to set up and wasn't complicated at all.

With regards to the issues some others have mentioned; such as influencers claiming a 'free gift' then not participating in the promotion of the brand or product, well all I can say is; it's not Shopify's fault. Every business should use caution and have the influencer to start promoting your brand for a few weeks before sending them a gift.

As for the person complaining about discount codes being misused. A misuse of a discount code may seem an issue for some, but I see it as a sale; regardless of whoever has used it when signing up. If they never found it, that sale could well have been lost.

I look forward to seeing new updates to this application. It looks promising.

WONDERCRAFT LTD
February 26, 2024

Stopped displaying page properly after only a few days, landing page looks awful, no buttons displayed images randomly placed. Looks cheap.

Chokers.co.uk
February 6, 2024

Useless. Very complicated. Less opportunity to individualise things.

Das Audio-Gästebuch für Deine Hochzeit - VOICEMAIL WITH LOVE
Germany
Shopify replied February 8, 2024

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on how Shopify Collabs can be improved; we appreciate you reaching out to let us know. I am sorry to hear that you've found the app to be complicated and I'd recommend contacting our support team if you need assistance using the app: https://shopify.link/vRnL. -Victor, Shopify Support

Edited February 2, 2024

***Update*** Received this response to my review:
"Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I can understand your position and I'm happy to pass on your feedback. Unfortunately, there is no way to force a creator to promote a brand, but if you choose to use Collabs again you can create a contract that outlines the expectations for the work the creator will do. We recommend seeking legal advice if you do choose to create contracts going forward." Essentially, these "influencers" are under no obligation to review (good or bad) the product you send to them, so there's a real possibility you're just sending out free product and paying shipping for absolutely nothing. Learned my lesson, time to uninstall this app.

Well, sent two applicants products and nothing. Just throwing out product for free, apparently. I had hopes for this but it just ended up costing me money for the product, shipping supplies, and shipping costs, not to mention some fun goodies for presentation. I am reticent to do this again, seeing as there's no legitimate return.

Milk Box Candle Co.
About 1 year using the app
Shopify replied February 2, 2024

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I can understand your position and I'm happy to pass on your feedback. Unfortunately, there is no way to force a creator to promote a brand, but if you choose to use Collabs again you can create a contract that outlines the expectations for the work the creator will do. We recommend seeking legal advice if you do choose to create contracts going forward. -Erin, Shopify Support

Edited February 5, 2024

The product categories do not include mine, making his app useless for my business. How can I find anyone or they find me if my type of business is not mentioned?

re your reply... what would be close to education?

Laughing Ogre Press
9 months using the app
Shopify replied February 5, 2024

Thank you for your review. Please select those closest product type to your products. If you don't beleieve there is one, then please contact our Support Team (https://shopify.link/qL3P) for the next best steps. -Emily, Shopify Support

December 30, 2023

After utilizing this feature for a year, it's become evident that the strategy of providing discount codes to influencers is flawed. These codes are frequently intercepted by bots and dispersed across public discount sites, allowing customers to access them without the intended influencer engagement. Consequently, influencers are unfairly earning commissions on these sales. This issue has resulted in more financial loss than gain for our company. Additionally, the platform lacks a crucial functionality for mass communication with influencers, making it challenging to keep them informed about the latest product news and updates. This significant oversight hinders effective collaboration and marketing strategies.

edelkrone
11 months using the app
Shopify replied January 1, 2024

Hi there,
Vance here from Shopify. We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback for the app. I'm sending you an email to open the lines of communication and offer further support.
Vance | Shopify

January 10, 2024

I had high expectations, and have been disappointed. Poor customization options, reoccurring issues verifying required social accounts during application process, lack of resources and manual entry when trouble shooting.

MECHEE
4 months using the app
Shopify replied January 12, 2024

Hi, there! Thank you for providing your feedback. It has been documented and submitted to the relevant teams. - Skye, Shopify Support

January 9, 2024

It's important to understand what this app is and what is isn't. It is a simple way to find and invite influencers to work with your business, or for them to apply to you. Being native to Shopify the creation and allocation of discount codes and commission deals is easy, as is the payment of commission to influencers. You can create bespoke products offers or gifts for each partner.

However, the job of vetting who you work with and what you give them is down to you, as are the terms and conditions you set for your individual agreement with each partner. Have a think about this first and agree it with anyone you work with and you'll save yourself a world of trouble later down the line.

Refresh Skincare
3 months using the app
December 10, 2023

This app is a joke. The "influencers" who use it are after free product only. There is no way to hold them accountable for actually promoting the product. Every single collab who has applied, never posted to any socials after getting their product and have stopped communicating with us. We since changed our gift to 50% off their first order instead of free product - now anyone who applies private messages us on Instagram asking for free product to promote. What a joke.

Backroad District Clothing Boutique
7 months using the app
Shopify replied December 13, 2023

Hi there,

Thomas here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this incredibly valuable feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing setting up and using the app. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and see if we can address this concern.

Thomas | Shopify