Easy integration of DHL
Easy integration of DHL services in your shop frontend
Increase exposure and reach of your webshop
Satisfied and returning customers
With the official DHL plugin you profit from a quick and simplified shipment process enabling you to easily create DHL labels and send tracking IDs to your customers. It covers domestic and international services from DHL Paket and DHL eCommerce to perfectly suit your needs. Manage your shipments through one single shipping provider by using DHL.
- Print labels for DHL Paket or DHL eCommerce: Fast and easy label creation of domestic and international orders
- Create auto tracking codes: Automatically receive a tracking code for each label (if tracking is available for selected product)
- Create handover notes conveniently for a smooth and reliable manifesting process in-line with your specific regional requirements for DHL eCommerce
- Use additional delivery services, e.g. visual check of age via API by DHL Paket or cash on delivery by DHL eCommerce in selected countries
- Offer preferred delivery options via DHL Paket`s “Wunschzustellung” enabling your customers to select preferred time and location of delivery. If the customer enters his home address and a preferred location or neighbor, the parcel can be delivered in his absence
- Customize names and rates: Enable/disable or edit the names of services and set up the handling costs for each DHL shipping service
- Delete labels or reprint labels in case your printer experienced any issues
- Experience premium support, timely compatibility updates and bug fixes
AVAILABILITY OF DHL SERVICES BY SENDER COUNTRY
DHL shipping products range from small light weight packets with milestone tracking to delivery duty paid parcels with end-to-end tracking and a range of delivery times from same day to 14 day delivery - depending on your sender country and shipment destinations. To find the shipping services that best suits your needs, please see available DHL services in the overview in the screenshot section.
DHL eCommerce services are available in the following countries: Australia, Canada, Chile, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Thailand, US, Vietnam
Please note: Based on your sender country and shipping preference, different access credentials for DHL Paket and DHL eCommerce are required for configuration.
PREREQUISITES & DOWNLOAD
- Check the geographical availability of DHL shipping services for sender countries as shown within the screenshot section
- Check the required customer account credentials as described within the configuration instructions on the website.
- Not yet a customer of DHL Paket or DHL eCommerce? Sign up on the DHL website.
- Google Maps API Key,
- DHL Paket Account,
- DHL eCommerce Account
External charges may apply. These charges are billed by the external provider and won’t appear on your Shopify invoice.
Overall rating Based on 13 reviews
Most recent reviews
This integration is verging on useless. It only works if the customer makes no mistakes (like too many characters in the address line) and does not require any customs documents (Is local to Germany or the EU). The error reporting is confusing and difficult to decypher (It complains about things and does not say where the mistake can be found). It is impossible to edit and change any address data, package data or customs data through the plugin interface. Skip this plugin and go directly to some payed solution like Shipstation... :(
The support people are very nice and professional, but all you get is "we are working hard on it we will add that functionality some day. For now use our crusty and convoluted geschaefstskundenportal instead' Now you have to cut and paste all the customer data one by one by hand. That is not the answer I am expecting from DHL. The fact that those features were not essential and highest priority is strange at best.
Do better DHL...
Hope this doesn't come as purely aggressive feedback but maybe something to think about.
1. The app sometimes doesn't print out the full address and my packet ends up trailing around with no purpose.
2. I can't bulk print out shipping labels.
3. Lost packages! A huge quantity of packages were lost and I had to deal with the Customers.
4. Very very weak Customer care.
5. App bugged. not being able to print anything.
I try to stay neutral here but honestly I'm very unsatisfied with this app that I would recommend against it.
Thanks for your review. Let us try to improve things.
1. can you give us some examples where this happens - directly send those to firstname.lastname@example.org - and we will investigate those
2. This is true. The current version does not support bulk label printing. We will be releasing version 2 of the DHL App in Jan 2020. This version will support a basic form of bulk label printing. If you want to be part of early access in January, please let us know thru support and your store name.
3. for this, please contact our support team at email@example.com, and we will sort out where those packages went
4. We are trying to improve that on various levels. For app support, you can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Earlier this week, the hosting center had several system issues, which lead to an outage of a lot of applications that were hosted there, including the DHL App. The outage took close to 4h and 50mins. We are very sorry about it. Before that event, the hosting center provider and our app had no major disruptions for over 300 days.
We are currently investigating ways to even lessen the probability of such an event in the future.
If you could send us more detailed information directly to email@example.com we will try to sort out all DHL App related issues as quickly as we can.
This app is really bad. It's not working for 5 hours and published by DHL. DHL must change their Shopify APP developer firm or etc. We are getting this error "dhlapp.vilango.com’s server IP address could not be found." and our Delivery system totally down. We are using DHL Seller Portal and entering orders detail manually.
Lovely DHL outsourced firm; Elon Musk find self landing space rocket but we can not ............. (fill blanks)
we are sorry that you experienced this outage earlier this week. We run the DHL application in a load balanced cluster within a major global hosting provider. The application had 300 days of uninterrupted availability before the outage event earlier this week happend. Sadly the whole german hosting center had some disruptions that day. It took the provider several hours to contain and fix.
We took measures to manually switch to another hosting center in the EU to limit the downtime and get the system up and running again. With all the efforts, we still had an outage of the DHL App of 4 hours and 52 minutes that day and apologize for it.
We are still investigating the issue and its causes to make sure the next time such an unpredictable outage event hits, we can limit the impact on our app and for you as a merchant.