4.3

Merchants appreciate this app for its wide selection of gourmet coffee products, fair pricing, and reliable service. They value the educational resources provided, as well as the ability to customize labels and flavors. The app's ease of use, including simple inventory management and Shopify integration, is a highlight. Merchants commend the responsive support team and unique features like meetings with roasters for sales strategy development. The app's order fulfillment feature is also appreciated, allowing merchants to focus on other business aspects.

February 3, 2021

Honestly without Danny help I never could do this. My store has'nt sold much but I see the potential. I chose the turnkey system. Be careful when you start and make sure things are correct before you go facebook and google

BarkStreet Coffee
The Doughty Organization replied January 27, 2023

Thank you for your review!

Love it when we have a happy merchant!

Let us know if we can be of any help.

If there is anything else you could need, please feel to reach out to us via live chat inside the app.

May 6, 2020

Easy to set up and get started. Friendly customer support. I ordered samples and they came just as described. The only issue I have (which is why the 4-star rating was given) is that there is no way to have your store name appear on customer bank statements. If I go to "Rimfire Coffee" and buy something, my bank statement should show "Rimfire Coffee", not "Old Chicago Coffee". This is a monumental hurdle in building customer trust. None of my other product suppliers (Spocket, etc.) have this issue - all charges show "Rimfire Coffee" regardless of the vendor. If they can fix this, I will edit this to five stars as this is the only issue/concern I have.

Rimfire Coffee Company
The Doughty Organization replied May 6, 2020

Hi there! Thanks for the review. You can change your store settings to show your name on a customer bank statement. Our charge to your account for the cost of goods sold will show the supplier name, but not on your customer bank statement. Only on your bank statement for the cost of goods sold. What your customer sees on their bank statement is based on your Shopify store settings, so we don't control that.

January 16, 2019

The app is glitchy. It rarely opens without error. More importantly, it takes days to process an order. They must forward their orders to a second drop-shipper. Thank goodness my friends and family ordered first. Turn around time is embarrassing. The coffee costs too much. The shipping cost is too high. Use this app and before you know it your brand will be ruined. Very disappointed. Steer clear. Find another solution. Save time and money.

Ember Craft Coffee
The Doughty Organization replied March 21, 2019

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear about your experience. We have free shipping on all our products every time. We would love to work with you to show you how to adjust your store settings to set your store to free shipping to match our offering.

Our order processing time is within 3 business days and we are always working to improve this. Since we roast the beans right before shipment, we have our challenges in improving the order processing time, but hope to get there.

December 8, 2019

With huge potential to be 5/5 and one of the dominating apps on the market. I have a lot of faith in this app and have been told there are some updates addressing my cons in the next few weeks. I'll update my review when and if this occurs. The most important required change is to improve the private label system. This is the main selling point of the app and it’s far from adequate.

Pros:
- 1 of the 2 employees (it seems there are 2 public employees who put their name to customer service/articles at least) offers great customer service with fast response times, adequate English and makes genuine attempts to answer the question. The other is horrible. Feels like a cheap outsourced agent being paid $1/hr. Fails to understand English, does not read your full message. Think Aliexpress service.
- Once custom labels are integrated better, the current pricing is great. Currently, it's not fantastic, but wouldn't say it's awful either.
- Easy to import products
- A huge range of products
- Shipping cost already included into all products at all weights to keep things simple
- Dev offers multiple diff apps to dropship e.g. also does beard care, jewelry and pop apparel. This could mean the audience/$$$ potential is greater for the dev, meaning we may expect better updates with a greater financial incentive to the dev in the future.
- SKUs seem uniform and clean

Cons:
- Free labels are ugly (though 2 of them out of 6 are passible though makes the entire business difficult and will increase your ad spending). Free labels also should have more options e.g. it shows 12oz on the package, but what if the customer changes the bag size to 1LB? What if they change their grind? If the photo isn’t changing, some customers (from my years of e-commerce experience over multiple stores) some customers feel their product isn’t correct.
- Paid labels are super limited e.g. to add 1 single flavour of coffee, each variant needs both a separate label and a separate product page. If you want to offer a Caramel coffee, with aa 12oz, 1lb and 2lb option, that's 3 separate product pages. Impossible to add a drop down box like any normal website.
- Uniform descriptions (most product descriptions are different from the rest, meaning the user has to re-write them all from scratch
- Little info on each product, including if I check the 2 suppliers Dripshipping uses
- Product weight isn't correct on import meaning shipping costs are incorrect. This requires user has to manually add them all (and guess at that given we know the product weight, but not the weight of the label, packaging etc.)
- The pricing model is not well thought out. Usually it becomes cheaper when buying in bulk, but this is random. Sometimes it's cheaper per gram, and then sometimes it's more expensive as you go up the weights (in terms of the cost to us and the RRP). This needs to be thought out properly.
- FAQs are all horribly written, needs to be re-written by the dev or outsourced to someone more competent (hell, I'll even do them in exchange for a discount on my app cost). More FAQs in general are required.
- Product names are not uniform e.g. “12oz” and “1 LB” are not written in the same fashion. These tiny details show a lot of the work was rushed or written by someone with ESL. Requires more polish.
- Advertises as able to ship globally, but we all know no one is paying internationally shipping rates on items like 12oz coffee. It costs $20-$30USD to ship anything outside of the U.S. No one will pay $50USD for a 12oz bag of coffee including shipping. This is a gimmick (though the shipping costs of course are of no fault of Dripshipping)

Roasted Brew
March 20, 2019

Ran a test order in my store and the k cups that showed up did not work in my machine and the coffee was worse than Folgers when I was able to get it to brew. Packaging was poor at best, using this service will not help you build a brand, it will sink you right away, you will never see return business or good word of mouth if true coffee enjoyers are your targeted audience. Save your $25.00 and just resell something else, like coffee from anywhere else.

Savage Perk
The Doughty Organization replied March 21, 2019

Thank you for your review! I am sorry for your negative experience. Quality is highly important to us, so we want to know more information, if possible. We roast our coffee the day before it ships to ensure a quality taste. So knowing more about your experience would be greatly appreciated. We will follow up via email to learn more.

Another feature we have to help with packaging, is by using our custom label design section where you can have a fully designed label placed on the bag, instead of the more generic labels you had on this order. This feature sounds like it would be very helpful for you in creating much better packaging. We have this feature available, if you want the best packaging options.

February 22, 2021

Joined recently (Jan2021?) and not the easiest App but easy enough to setup Custom Label and product in store. Cons-- I do not like how the product image posts in Shopify (you will see --very low-end presentation). Cust.Srvc is decent to horrible range -- 3x sent emails, questions, comments and always get short msg's back.. sometimes not even fully addressing my questions. Is this because i am on lowest paid plan? So cust.Srvc increases with price you pay per month? Anyway, tried 4 different coffee blends so far and not thrilled with any -- i am used to Peets or Philz brands (and Starbucks Decaf Medium blend) and they all have so much better flavor/after-tastes than these blends rec'd... i open a bag of Peets or Philz beans and i still see oils glistening on beans/bag.... bags i rec'd (both Sample ones and regular ones) are fairly dry . i want my customers to LOVE products we carry so we are struggling on keeping this or not.... great great idea and love the app will tie into Shopify (for ease) .... but product flavor, cust.srvc and high pricing seem like this will not be well rec'd long term. So probably going to Drop this product so Let me know if anyone knows another Drop Shipper coffee supplier ! Thanks!

DiademNYC
2 months using the app
The Doughty Organization replied January 27, 2023

I'm sorry the coffee didn't live up to the quality we strive for.

I hope the best for you and your business.

Thank you for your review.

September 16, 2019

Absolutely a bad experience. I paid $18.00 for a logo that was never completed. Cannot seem to get in touch with anyone at this point. Even Dan, the founder emailed me and I couldn't get back to him (undeliverable). Samples that I ordered took 2 wks to get here. Customer service is lacking in that more detail is needed than just ref a tutorial. Product cost is excessive. A little better communication here would go a long way

Old Fort Camping & Survival Supplies
About 1 month using the app
The Doughty Organization replied September 16, 2019

Hi there! Thank you for your review. Sorry for lack of communication. We have been sending email replies to all of your emails. Perhaps check your junk folder for them? Since we did not get corrected custom label designs from you (needs to meet FDA guidelines), and you have discontinued using Dripshipper, we have already processed your refund of $18 for the custom labels you ordered.

May 8, 2018

So far great app. Easy to use and support is top notch. I would recommend this product so try it out.

Ashlyngrey
3 days using the app
January 4, 2023

There is a reason they are leading the food chain in coffee dropshipping—fast, easy to use, communicative, and price. We look forward to a long relationship, and so should you!

Luna Bean
2 days using the app
The Doughty Organization replied January 27, 2023

Thank you for your review!

Love it when we have a happy merchant!

Let us know if we can be of any help.

March 9, 2023

I would not do business with them. They will secretly charge your card and send an email saying a customer just orderd. They did this to me even though i did not have single product in the store yet and the store also was not open for customers to browse or purchase. They did refund me but could not answer as to why this happend, i do not trust them very poor.

Jupiters Coffee Daze
Sweden
The Doughty Organization replied March 9, 2023

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We only match directly to store SKUs.

We certainly would not want to ever maliciously charge a merchant. That would not work out well for us in the long run and would be immoral.

There must be some confusion here. I will look at this personally (owner of Dripshipper), see what happened, and get back to you.