Exemptify

Exemptify | Reviews

by Modules4U

Make your shop EU compliant with EU tax laws

Carbodeon

I've just set this up, with Thorsten's help on one aspect I was struggling with to do with the comma vs dot question as the decimal point. Actually it is explained in the "documentation" section but I hadn't spotted it. The app seems to do exactly what I wanted and Thorsten replied to me within a very short time, thanks!

Sell4profituk

We sometimes need to trade with international buyers for our wholesale watches website www.sell4profit.co.uk

What we like most about this is is

1. It knows which counties are exempt from VAT

Sell4profit LTD
www.sell4profit.co.uk
Wholesale Jewellery | Wholesale Watches

Swannack Made Shop

Thorsten is an absolute star - fantastic customer service. He was swift at getting things done and totally patient with all my questions.

I'm based in the UK so it was frustrating with the whole VAT issues - if you want to be able to show your products in the UK with VAT but enable your international customers view and purchase without then this is the app for you. It works great. I'm very happy.

Thanks again!!

Winchshop

Installed this app yesterday on our site www.winchshop.co.uk, had quite a few problems with integration due to theme we were using, contacted Thorsten from extensions@modules4u.biz and he has done a 5* service sorting all the problems, would recommend as a great addition to your site.

Dave
UK Based

Govark

The cheaper and best app for EU tax exempt !

The Institute Berlin

This is the perfect solution for any business trading from Germany as it elegantly complies with German regulations. Furthermore it seamlessly integrates, is a breeze to install and support is 1st class. Highly recommended.

Wworkwear

Great app! It settles the issue with Shopify not being designed for EU tax exempt customers. Plus Thorsten is extremely helpful! Just perfect!

Grisp

Exemptify just checks if the VAT-ID exists.

In Germany the law says that the verification has to be done "with the diligence of a prudent businessman". Many sources on the web as well as our tax advisor state that only the "qualified validation" which also verifies the address meets this requirement. Consequently in case of an audit any merchant just checking the existence of the VAT-ID likely will have to pay VAT for any purchases with a (valid) VAT grabbed from the net where the address does not match the buyer's.

I'd happily update this review if anything I stated is not accurate.

Solar Pur

Excellent App for EU-ID. Very good and fast support, service. Thank you :-)

Freemancave

We decided to go for Exemptify as we needed to be able to sell to European Business Customers with a EU tax exempt. There are not many solutions, and most app vendors (including Shopify) do most of the times not understand the different tax and consumer laws in Europe. Exemptify does allow you to have prices excl. VAT in Shopify, add the tax amount when needed, add no tax when a customer has a valid tax exempt, and still show consumer pricing INCLUDING VAT in your store at all times. Not like the US, Canada, UK, etc calculating and showing it when checking out.
It was not flawless from day one, as we had to do some adjustments to our stores template. But Thorsten was very responsive, very helpful, and extremely knowledgeable. So now we are very happy with our perfect working solution for now, thanks to Thorsten. Our store has grown tremendously since then.
Good to see that there are app developers who are able to compensate for a fairly major flaw in a product (Shopify) which is basically not yet made for the European market. The same is true for languages in Shopify !