Sell VAT-free to other countries and show prices including or excluding VAT according to customer's location.
Conduct EU B2B transactions
Validate EU VAT IDs in real-time and automatically deduct VAT for customers with valid IDs.
EU tax law compliance
Show prices including VAT in your own country but still be able to sell VAT-free to customers from other countries.
Do you know these problems?
- Shopify doesn't deduct the VAT from your products even if your tax rules are correct?
- Your tax rules work fine but the prices in your shop are displayed without VAT and that's a legal issue in your country?
- You want your prices to be displayed including or excluding VAT depending on the customer's location?
- You are a EU merchant but you are unable to sell VAT-free to other EU businesses?
Do you want to do this?
- Display prices including VAT and still sell VAT-free to customers from abroad?
- Display prices including or excluding VAT depending on the customer's location?
- Validate EU VAT IDs and sell VAT-free to other EU businesses?
Then Exemptify is the right solution for you.
Exemptify makes it possible to use your tax rules by configuring your prices excluding VAT while visually adding the VAT back to the prices in your store. Exemptify also comes with a Geo IP database and allows you to display prices including or excluding VAT based on the customer's physical location. On top of that, it also allows you to validate EU VAT IDs in realtime and sell VAT-free to other EU businesses.
Is it difficult to set up?
No, Exemptify features a step by step setup assistant. You only need to copy 1-3 small code snippets to your theme, that's it. We are happy to help you with the setup should there be any problems.
- Sell VAT free to customer from abroad
- Display either two prices (ex VAT and inc VAT) or only one price
- Many formatting options for ex VAT price (color, size, font-weight,...)
- Price display is further customizable via CSS
- Pattern checking of your customer's VAT Ids
- Online validation of VAT IDs through the EU VAT service of the EU
- EU compliant price display (inc VAT)
- Deduct VAT automatically for customers with VAT ID
- Download CSV reports of EU VAT ID orders
- Fully customizable price texts and error messages
- Comes with a IP Geolocation database that allows you to display prices without VAT for customers from abroad
- BREXIT ready
Exemptify is fully GDPR compliant. Exemptify does not store any of your customer data. Your customer data is only accessed on a per-request basis (e.g., to generate tax reports) directly from your shop database. If you delete any customer data from your shop (for example on a customer's request), it is automatically no longer available to Exemptify either.
How reliable is your infrastructure?
All our Apps are now hosted on Amazon EC2 high-availability elastic cloud servers and constantly monitored.
- Free lifetime updates
- Exemptify automatically fixes the price display for many different themes. If it doesn't work with your theme, we will make it work for free.
Also works with Shopify Buy Button!
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 5-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
5 stars because of the excellent support! The app works very well and does its job. I had troubles with importing the customers VAT to our invoice system, but Exemptify Support respondend fast and helped with all issues!
Draco Broadcast Europe
This app works very well with the right settings!
Furthermore, the support is available to answer any questions!
The app is decent I had some sales with VAT Registered customers, everything went smooth there is only 1 drawback once customers put their VAT ID prices do not instantly change only on the check out page before they make the actual payment which might be a bit confusing for the customers that they are not getting a VAT exemption.