Fomo Social Proof

Fomo Social Proof | Reviews

by Fomo

Fomo Increases Conversions with Social Proof Notifications

Scent Fill

I have used FOMO for 3 years without issue. My only concern is my developer and speed test sho it ads .5 seconds to the load stack. The second most app after reviews on load time

November 19, 2021

Hey Scent Fill team,

I've emailed you but also wanted to follow up here. Fomo loads asynchronously to the rest of your page and does not slow down your site - more on that here: https://help.fomo.com/en/articles/1455008-will-fomo-slow-down-my-website

Happy to walk your developer through this. I've also sent you screenshots of the different assets loading on your page to show you a comparison so you can see what is taking longer to load on your site.

Veil

Fomo is really easy to set up and customize, and it's clearly improved our conversion rate since installing.

October 22, 2021

Hey Veil team, thank you so much for your review and we're glad that Fomo is doing its thing for your conversions! Feel free to reach out if you want to be included as a case study :)

❤️ AsasWood ❤️ Free Shipping Worldwide!!

We are happy with Fomo on our website www.AsasWood.com It helps to make site alive and in action all the time. Also it is very important, that Fomo does not slow down the speed. Thank you!

October 18, 2021

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad you are happy with Fomo :)

The Vacuum Doctor

Although I've used this app for over 4 years, when I needed extra help, Rebecca and Hideko helped me out in a very patient and efficient way :)

October 12, 2021

Thank you so much for the kind words! :) We're so glad we were able to help you with your customization!

Delidia

I wanted to show real traffic. Fomo does the job. I have not seen sales soar. I wish one could protect sales data in the json file. It may be easy for competitors to scrape your revenues, I guess.

July 1, 2021

Hey Delidia,

Thanks for your review! I'll reach out to you separately to see what we can do to adjust your settings to optimize conversions!

You should not have sensitive sales data in the json file. Your site visitors should only be able to see the notification data you've opted to show in your template. I'll send you more details about this via email as well!

Surely Non-Alcoholic Wine

Super useful app that has better reporting and doesn't seem to slow my store down like another one did. Customer support was also great and helped me get it up and running fast. I like it because they don't allow for fake reviews, and conversions (and my revenue) seems to be going up.

Kettle & Fire

Fomo really helped us improve our conversions, especially on our paid advertising landing pages and during product launches. We saw an increase in conversion rate of 20%+, which is great. I think the most useful part of Fomo is that having it live exposes other products in our portfolio to potential customers. We've seen customers increasing their cart sizes after seeing a notification that a customer somewhere bought a product they'd never tried. Lastly, this is the only social proof tool that doesn't seem to slow our site down.

CV Market

IMPORTANT : the Fomo price plan (https://fomo.com/pricing) is not in line with what you see on this page. I received several additional charges ($ 10 each time) because I exceeded the notification limit (??). Rather than blocking you and suggesting you to choose a different plan, they charge you... And that famous $10 fee isn't mentioned anywhere on the pricing page or the terms and conditions, so you don't understand why/when/how... A very bad surprise because the bill goes up very (very) quickly... This business model is not fair.

August 26, 2021

Hi CV Market,

You signed up for our volume-based billing plan, which was stated in the signup terms. We have since removed this flex pricing plan.

All users who install after March 2021 only have access to plan tiers and not our flexible plan. Once you exceed the impressions included in your plan, Fomo will halt on your site and you will need to manually upgrade in order to continue showing Fomo notifications.

Thanks and email us at hello@fomo.com if you have any questions.

WTF Notebooks

Not happy. We are on the "$49 per month" plan and have intentionally set a limit of 239,000 impressions in the app settings to guard against overages. Assuming any overage charges are retrospctive, December 2020 charges by FOMO were $129 (total of 317k impressions for Nov-Dec), January charges were $70 (total of 214K impressions for Dec-Jan). Why did Nov-Dec go so much above our cap (317k), and how is charging MORE than the next tier even justifiable? (1.2mil impressions for $99 vs. an ACTUAL charge of $129). Why were we charged overage fees in Dec-Jan with a LESS reported impressions than our cap (214k)? Shouldn't this only be $49 because it was less than 240k impressions? Of note are mysterious items in our bill called "Usage Fees"(?)... so now I'm going to have to go through the fine print and figure out what these are and why FOMO is charging us so much. $200 over two months for a product which we assumed would cost half that. Feel like FOMO writes their own checks. Disappointed.

February 1, 2021

Updated reply:

You signed up for our volume-based billing plan, which was stated in the signup terms. All users who install after March 2021 only have access to plan tiers and not our flexible plan. Once you exceed the impressions included in your plan, Fomo will halt on your site and you will have to manually upgrade plans to continue showing Fomo notifications.

Thanks and email us at hello@fomo.com if you have any questions.

Previous reply:

Hey WTF Notebooks, I've just sent you an email. You've been on the $49/mo plan for 2 months and the $99/mo plan for 1 month. You were not charged $129 for any billing cycle - I think this might be a timing misunderstanding. Here's a guide to how Shopify charges on their billing cycle: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/manage-billing/your-invoice/apps#usage-pricing-plans.

Shopify's billing calls our premium plan tiers "usage fees" but they are simply the plan charges.

I've reached out with suggestions for managing your impressions so you can control your billing and pay only what you expect.

Soigné

I accidentally subscribed, and when I was charged the same day, I asked for a cancellation and refund since it the payment was still pending. They let me know they cannot provide a refund because they are a start up.......you can get this app at a much cheaper price and with better customer service.

January 4, 2021

Hey there,

We've reached out to you and Shopify Support and confirmed that you were correctly charged after your free trial was over. Shopify handles our billing and you can find out more about their billing cycle here (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/manage-billing/your-invoice/apps).

After a review of your past Support ticket, it also seems you were fully aware of the trial length and that you were correctly charged after the 14 day trial (not same day as described in your comment).

We are transparent about pricing and terms and prefer to be fair to our other customers who follow them.

Cheers,