Fomo Social Proof

Fomo Social Proof

by Fomo

Fomo Increases Conversions with Social Proof Notifications

CV Market

IMPORTANT : the Fomo price plan (https://fomo.com/pricing) is not in line with what you see on this page. I received several additional charges ($ 10 each time) because I exceeded the notification limit (??). Rather than blocking you and suggesting you to choose a different plan, they charge you... And that famous $10 fee isn't mentioned anywhere on the pricing page or the terms and conditions, so you don't understand why/when/how... A very bad surprise because the bill goes up very (very) quickly... This business model is not fair.

WTF Notebooks

Not happy. We are on the "$49 per month" plan and have intentionally set a limit of 239,000 impressions in the app settings to guard against overages. Assuming any overage charges are retrospctive, December 2020 charges by FOMO were $129 (total of 317k impressions for Nov-Dec), January charges were $70 (total of 214K impressions for Dec-Jan). Why did Nov-Dec go so much above our cap (317k), and how is charging MORE than the next tier even justifiable? (1.2mil impressions for $99 vs. an ACTUAL charge of $129). Why were we charged overage fees in Dec-Jan with a LESS reported impressions than our cap (214k)? Shouldn't this only be $49 because it was less than 240k impressions? Of note are mysterious items in our bill called "Usage Fees"(?)... so now I'm going to have to go through the fine print and figure out what these are and why FOMO is charging us so much. $200 over two months for a product which we assumed would cost half that. Feel like FOMO writes their own checks. Disappointed.

February 1, 2021

Hey WTF Notebooks, I've just sent you an email. You've been on the $49/mo plan for 2 months and the $99/mo plan for 1 month. You were not charged $129 for any billing cycle - I think this might be a timing misunderstanding. Here's a guide to how Shopify charges on their billing cycle: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/manage-billing/your-invoice/apps#usage-pricing-plans.

Shopify's billing calls our premium plan tiers "usage fees" but they are simply the plan charges.

I've reached out with suggestions for managing your impressions so you can control your billing and pay only what you expect.

Surely Non-Alcoholic Wine

Super useful app that has better reporting and doesn't seem to slow my store down like another one did. Customer support was also great and helped me get it up and running fast. It seems to be helping with conversions already.

Kettle & Fire

Fomo really helped us improve our conversions, especially on our paid advertising landing pages and during product launches. We saw an increase in conversion rate of 20%+, which is great. I think the most useful part of Fomo is that having it live exposes other products in our portfolio to potential customers. We've seen customers increasing their cart sizes after seeing a notification that a customer somewhere bought a product they'd never tried. Lastly, this is the only social proof tool that doesn't seem to slow our site down. Highly recommend.

Soigné

I accidentally subscribed, and when I was charged the same day, I asked for a cancellation and refund since it the payment was still pending. They let me know they cannot provide a refund because they are a start up.......you can get this app at a much cheaper price and with better customer service.

January 4, 2021

Hey there,

We've reached out to you and Shopify Support and confirmed that you were correctly charged after your free trial was over. Shopify handles our billing and you can find out more about their billing cycle here (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/manage-billing/your-invoice/apps).

After a review of your past Support ticket, it also seems you were fully aware of the trial length and that you were correctly charged after the 14 day trial (not same day as described in your comment).

We are transparent about pricing and terms and prefer to be fair to our other customers who follow them.

Cheers,

Wander Woman Shop

I am trying to use this app but the customer service is really really bad. I have sent multiple messages to them requesting help over the past two days and it's been crickets. I'm looking now for a replacement but these guys are very unresponsive and their setup is confusing.

November 11, 2020

Hi there, thanks for your message! We try to respond within 24 hours of each ticket. It looks like I responded within an hour of your first message. If you left the site and left an email address in our chat, possibly the forwarded response went to spam? Anyway, we've since gotten in touch and were able to resolve the issue you had. Please reach out if you need anything else!

Podlyfe New Zealand

Execellent customer service from the FOMO team, really happy with The app seemlessly fits into our store design and always works as intended.

Bloomspace

Social proof apps have been shown time and time again to improve conversion rates. Unless they're using a tool like Fomo I'm very sceptical! Fomo lets you randomise when things appear, has tons of integrations, and gives you feedback on what parameters you need to change to improve conversion rate. Killer tool to have in your shopify arsenal.

Psolace

Social proof is extremely important for any online business. The Fomo app is the perfect choice when it comes to providing the best solution to build trust in your brand! It works really well, increases sales and is super easy to use. Highly recommend!

BO + BALA

Super easy to install & starts working straight away! Creates sense of FOMO in your visitors. Great !

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21