Social Proof & Urgency FOMO

Social Proof & Urgency FOMO

Free plan available. 14-day free trial.
Rating (4.8)
Developer
4.8
January 31, 2021

Not happy. We are on the "$49 per month" plan and have intentionally set a limit of 239,000 impressions in the app settings to guard against overages. Assuming any overage charges are retrospctive, December 2020 charges by FOMO were $129 (total of 317k impressions for Nov-Dec), January charges were $70 (total of 214K impressions for Dec-Jan). Why did Nov-Dec go so much above our cap (317k), and how is charging MORE than the next tier even justifiable? (1.2mil impressions for $99 vs. an ACTUAL charge of $129). Why were we charged overage fees in Dec-Jan with a LESS reported impressions than our cap (214k)? Shouldn't this only be $49 because it was less than 240k impressions? Of note are mysterious items in our bill called "Usage Fees"(?)... so now I'm going to have to go through the fine print and figure out what these are and why FOMO is charging us so much. $200 over two months for a product which we assumed would cost half that. Feel like FOMO writes their own checks. Disappointed.

WTF Notebooks
Time spent using app: 3 months
Fomo replied February 1, 2021

Updated reply:

You signed up for our volume-based billing plan, which was stated in the signup terms. All users who install after March 2021 only have access to plan tiers and not our flexible plan. Once you exceed the impressions included in your plan, Fomo will halt on your site and you will have to manually upgrade plans to continue showing Fomo notifications.

Thanks and email us at hello@fomo.com if you have any questions.

Previous reply:

Hey WTF Notebooks, I've just sent you an email. You've been on the $49/mo plan for 2 months and the $99/mo plan for 1 month. You were not charged $129 for any billing cycle - I think this might be a timing misunderstanding. Here's a guide to how Shopify charges on their billing cycle: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/manage-billing/your-invoice/apps#usage-pricing-plans.

Shopify's billing calls our premium plan tiers "usage fees" but they are simply the plan charges.

I've reached out with suggestions for managing your impressions so you can control your billing and pay only what you expect.

December 13, 2020

I accidentally subscribed, and when I was charged the same day, I asked for a cancellation and refund since it the payment was still pending. They let me know they cannot provide a refund because they are a start up.......you can get this app at a much cheaper price and with better customer service.

Soigné
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Fomo replied January 4, 2021

Hey there,

We've reached out to you and Shopify Support and confirmed that you were correctly charged after your free trial was over. Shopify handles our billing and you can find out more about their billing cycle here (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/manage-billing/your-invoice/apps).

After a review of your past Support ticket, it also seems you were fully aware of the trial length and that you were correctly charged after the 14 day trial (not same day as described in your comment).

We are transparent about pricing and terms and prefer to be fair to our other customers who follow them.

Cheers,

November 6, 2020

I am trying to use this app but the customer service is really really bad. I have sent multiple messages to them requesting help over the past two days and it's been crickets. I'm looking now for a replacement but these guys are very unresponsive and their setup is confusing.

Wander Woman Shop
Fomo replied November 11, 2020

Hi there, thanks for your message! We try to respond within 24 hours of each ticket. It looks like I responded within an hour of your first message. If you left the site and left an email address in our chat, possibly the forwarded response went to spam? Anyway, we've since gotten in touch and were able to resolve the issue you had. Please reach out if you need anything else!

August 21, 2020

Execellent customer service from the FOMO team, really happy with The app seemlessly fits into our store design and always works as intended.

Podlyfe New Zealand
Time spent using app: 11 months
July 19, 2020

Social proof apps have been shown time and time again to improve conversion rates. Unless they're using a tool like Fomo I'm very sceptical! Fomo lets you randomise when things appear, has tons of integrations, and gives you feedback on what parameters you need to change to improve conversion rate. Killer tool to have in your shopify arsenal.

Bloomspace
Edited June 19, 2020

Social proof is extremely important for any online business. The Fomo app is the perfect choice when it comes to providing the best solution to build trust in your brand! It works really well, increases sales and is super easy to use. Highly recommend!

Psolace
Time spent using app: About 1 year
Edited March 14, 2020

Super easy to install & starts working straight away! Creates sense of FOMO in your visitors. Great !

BO + BALA
Time spent using app: About 1 year
February 5, 2020

The FOMO team is amazing. I wanted a certain feature implemented and they had it done within a few hours. I also notice my conversion rate drops when I'm not using it, so I'm sure that it helps with sales.

It's definitely worth it to try out their free trial and see if it helps your store.

Vape Gift
Time spent using app: 6 months
January 18, 2020

Fomo is by far the best social proof app available on Shopify. We've seen a great increase in conversions.

Penguin CBD
Time spent using app: 3 months
December 27, 2019

Affordable, really helps social proof, and excellent value for the recent order pop up notification.

Airo Collective