Geolocation

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

Price: Free

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

bycasamira

Not a very good app, especially since Shopify have developed it. I was expecting the translation feature to translate everything on my site but it only trnaslated the text that is provided by Shopify and not what is entered and customised. Also more customisation would have been great, the ability to have a floating button or positioning in the header.

May 4, 2022

Hi there, sorry for any confusion you experienced. It is true that the Geolocation app does not translate your content for you - it will allow your customers to switch between the languages that you offer. To translate your content you should use a separate app: https://apps.shopify.com/collections/apps-for-store-languages

Joyful Couple - International

Location Latvia
Time spent using app About 2 months

The pop-up form and the embedded currency selector look nice (the best among every other used app), BUT it is generally useless, as the pop-up do not provide the option to link to the correct webpage. And on top of that - the currency selector allows to change the country, but the prices stay on the same currency, which beats the whole purpose.

March 21, 2022

Hi there, it definitely sounds like something isn't going right here - the specific purpose of Geolocation is to do exactly what you are saying, so long as you are using Shopify Payments. Please get in touch with us and we'd be happy to help.

Eso Atelier

Location Turkey

does not work on my website. why is that? I cannot see any language switcher on my web site. however I have already set my second language.

The School of UX

Got worse with the recent update — there's no way to change the text on the popover. We sell digital products and having «This store ships to [country]» message to customers is confusing.

Junxure Consulting eStore

This app needs significant improvement. There are better versions available in the Shopify app options.

Philomania.ca

I like that the app uses geolocation to show customers the appropriate prices, but my US customers have reported that it does not always work correctly. It also takes too long for customers to get to the bottom of the page to change the currency - so it would nice to have an option for that feature to be at the top of the page

EMJEES

Time spent using app About 2 hours

I really need to be able to disable the popup, please advise me how i can do so. I might have to just delete it altogether.
What are the implications to my store if i delete it?
thanks in advance

October 12, 2021

Hi, you can disable the pop up in the app be deselecting "Show recommendations."

Labyrinthos

We don't ship to some countries because of various tax issues. Unfortunately I made the assumption that being a Shopify developed app, that it would also know which countries were available. Some folks saw the popup saying "Store ships to your country!", and were really upset when there were no shipping options. Settings also don't allow us to choose which countries are available. Please make this update to choose countries! I never should have allowed it to auto-install. :(

October 7, 2021

Hi there, if you don't ship to a country or region, please remove this from your Shopify Payments settings (Settings --> Payments --> Manage). For example, you have Austria (EUR) enabled in your payments settings, but no shipping rates for Austria. Ensuring that your countries/regions in payment settings match your shipping zones will avoid what you have mentioned from happening.

Thank you for your feedback, however! We are constantly looking to improve this process and will be making this easier in the future.

Babyboo

Location Australia

I just added the app but it's showing different store name on the popup how do i change it?? There is no option of editing the Text that my customer is seeing.

Nuebar

Location Australia

I really really need the selector to be customisable more.
I need to be able to place it in my header and I need to be able to shorten it to display just currency code, ie: AUD, USD None of my US customers are finding the selector when they don't use the pop-up. It's incredibly frustrating.
Please at the very least, have a shortcode I can install in the header for currency switching.

Previous 1 3