Klarna On‑Site Messaging

Rating (3.4)
Developer
3.4
February 25, 2020

Didn't help at all, had it installed for months of trying to install for them to turn around and say my app wasn't approved. They never informed me of this, such a waste of time.

Diamond Nation Hair Collection
Time spent using app: 29 days
Klarna replied February 26, 2020

We're sorry that you've had installation issues, and apologize that there wasn't better engagement around this.

We are working constantly to improve our communication and make sure any problems are responded to quickly and effectively. We are sorry that we weren't able to assist you further.

January 20, 2020

This app is terrible I spent hours trying to get it to work correctly which was impossible. So I put a banner attempting to show customers that we use Klarna as a financing solution. Within 5 days I got sent a notice to remove it. Thank a lot guys maybe if your app was not garbage and had competant support then I would not need to look at alternate methods to show off your bad service.

LiveWireBikes
Time spent using app: 11 days
Klarna replied January 20, 2020

We're very sorry that you are unhappy with the app and support. If you could provide us your support case number (i.e. by editing to add to your review) or create a new case via skosm@klarna.com, we would like to work with you to get the app working for your store.

December 6, 2019

Ich habe nach Monaten gemerkt, dass die App nicht funktioniert hat. Mehrere Tausende Menschen waren auf meiner Seite um über Klarna zu zahlen jedoch es nicht funktioniert hat..

Danke dafür !!!!!!!!!!!!
Wirklich zum Kotzen!!
Ich wurde erst aufmerksam gemacht, dass es nicht funktioniert hat! Bitte beheben Sie diese Probleme!

Wirklich!

ClassiK-Store
Germany
Time spent using app: 26 days
Klarna replied December 6, 2019

We’re very sorry to hear that you’ve been having issues getting Klarna Payments up and running.

If you could send an email to SKOSM@klarna.com our team is standing by to ensure that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible.

Wir bedauern zu hören, dass Probleme beim Einrichten unseres Klarna Payment Produkts aufgetreten sind.

Gerne senden Sie uns eine Email an SKOSM@klarna.com. Unser Team ist für Sie da um Ihnen schnellstmöglich bei einer Lösung zu helfen.

November 24, 2019

I usually don't write reviews but would give 0 stars is possible. App seems not to work in Canada. To chat with live support you need to log in to the site. But there is no sign up option. Only log in. So how do I log in if I never signed up?! Their customer support number is based in Egypt and when I call it hangs up after a few rings. I need to Authenticate Klarna API Credentials but these are literally nowhere to be found. Horrible app if you are in Canada.

Arcelio Attire
Time spent using app: About 1 hour
Klarna replied November 24, 2019

We're very sorry for your frustration. Klarna and the On-Site Messaging app can work for your store, but before you use the marketing app, you'll first need to integrate Klarna Payments for your store, info available at: https://x.klarnacdn.net/plugins/Klarna%20Payments%20on%20Shopify%20-%20Merchant%20Guide.pdf

You can sign up for Klarna API credentials at: https://eu.portal.klarna.com/signup

If you still need any support, please email skosm@klarna.com

November 16, 2019

Would be nice if they had instructions as to how to set it up. Got stuck on credentials.... what credentials were needed? I couldnt tell you.

Aviator Custom Print
Time spent using app: 9 minutes
Klarna replied November 16, 2019

We're sorry you got stuck. We do have a Support Guide for this app available at: https://x.klarnacdn.net/plugins/KlarnaOnSiteMessagingapponShopifySupportGuide.html

From the Support Guide: When you first install the app, your Klarna API credentials will be automatically connected, as long as you have already completed the Klarna Payments for Shopify integration. If you haven't yet integrated Klarna Payments for Shopify, see instructions at https://x.klarnacdn.net/plugins/Klarna%20Payments%20on%20Shopify%20-%20Merchant%20Guide.pdf

If you don't yet have Klarna API credentials, you can sign up at https://eu.portal.klarna.com/signup

We hope this helps make the installation steps clearer, but if you need support, we're available at skosm@klarna.com

October 14, 2019

Sadly this app did not work, Klarna payments did not work. You sign up for the payments on Klarna website - I chose Slice it in 3 where the customer can pay in 3 installments. Shopify support hadn't got a clue what I was talking about - I tried buy now, pay later this worked but not what I want. Seriously Shopify and Klarna how difficult is it to align the service. Both supports promised to get back. My abandonment has gone through the roof now so had to disable Klarna. What a shambles!! Like the other review all looks glossy and well marketed but basically if you can't use it what's the point?

Curvaceous Beauties
Time spent using app: About 1 hour
Klarna replied October 14, 2019

We're sorry for your frustrations. Shopify does not support third party apps like Klarna, but we are happy to support via skosm@klarna.com

October 8, 2019

I was approved to use this app and was excited to offer it to my customers. I invested time in setting it up and advertised it to my customers. Then after already being set up for a few days I was informed I am not approved.

Very unprofessional and extremely disorganized. Terrible way to run a business.

Foley Security Solutions
Time spent using app: 7 days
Klarna replied October 9, 2019

Mr. Foley -
We're obsessed with providing a positive customer experience at Klarna and we apologize for your negative experience. We're working hard to make certain that the processes which failed you are remedied as soon as possible and we wish you and your business continued success.
Nicholas.Beardsley@klarna.com

September 24, 2019

I was not able to put the on site message on mine. it was not popping up what so ever. go frustrated an gave up!

Beautiful Liars Cosmetics
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
Klarna replied September 24, 2019

We're sorry the app didn't work for you yet, but we're here to support you to get it working. For support, please email skosm@klarna.com so we can help you.

August 21, 2019

I was excited when I came across the app and I downloaded it to my Shopify store. Once I had the app downloaded it told me that I need to manually input a merchant Id. I didn't understand so I googled the issue and did not get results. I then removed app because I thought there may be a glitch. I now can't reinstall the app to my Shopify it saids the app is no longer available?

Boss'd Up Culture
Time spent using app: 27 minutes
Klarna replied August 22, 2019

We hope to get you back to being excited for this app! Please open a support case by emailing skosm@klarna.com and we'll work with you to get the app installed again and working on your store.

This app allows the installation and configuration for the messaging of Klarna in your store, but a prerequisite is to have Klarna Payments active and successfully configured for your Shopify store as an alternative payment provider, per https://x.klarnacdn.net/plugins/KlarnaOnSiteMessagingapponShopifySupportGuide.html

As long as Klarna Payments is active, when this on-site messaging app is installed, the Klarna API Merchant Id will automatically configured in the app as part of the install.

If you do not yet have Klarna API credentials, you can sign up at klarna.com

August 21, 2019

I installed the app and added a placement to my cart page. I put it under the additional checkout buttons and it was misaligned. Tried to move it but had no luck. So I removed it entirely and then my alternative payment buttons were misaligned in Safari and only two show up in Firefox! Disconnected app (which Klarna say will remove their code and get things back to normal) and then uninstalled the app but I still have the issue. Just add Klarna content to your website manually as this app does not work at all and just creates problems. Have emailed support hoping they can resolve the issue.

9 for 9
Time spent using app: About 8 hours
Klarna replied August 21, 2019

The app will completely remove all added code for you store, if as you've done, first disconnect your account in the Settings page of the app before uninstalling (as documented at https://x.klarnacdn.net/plugins/KlarnaOnSiteMessagingapponShopifySupportGuide.html#h.9m8fqltx70vg).

We do not currently find any Klarna code in your store, but we will certainly work with you to resolve any remaining issues relating to this app via your support case.