Email, SMS & Loyalty Rewards

Email, SMS & Loyalty Rewards

by Marsello

Sell More with Marketing Automation, Email, SMS & Loyalty

Transfers Plus

I am a US customer and am speaking from that point of view. I know this platform is not based out of the US and may differ for other countries.
Customer services takes 2-7 days for a response when you have an issue. I'm currently being charged for test message credits that aren't delivering and have been waiting 6 days for them to give me any time of follow up.
We've had issues since we started using this platform, but in the beginning they were a little more responsive to offer support. I strong recommend AGAINST using this platform.

February 9, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. To address the SMS issue you've experienced, our development team has been working to resolve this.
With tighter regulations around link shorteners being used for SMS, some network providers are blocking SMS messages from being delivered. As a result, we have built some new functionality to give retailers the option to disable link shortening. This will resolve the issue you were having.

We apologize for the slow response while we've built this functionality. The team is working hard to ensure we can be as responsive as possible.

Arova Kitchens & Bathrooms

okay app, too expensive when you have multiple POS locations and bigger contact list. the estimator indicates somewhere around $250 per month, we've end up being charged for $429. We had to pause the app last month and you know what, the bill just kept coming even though you are not using anything.

February 8, 2021

Thanks for your feedback. We have reached out a few times through email but are yet to hear back.
Our pricing is based in USD which is why the billed total may appear higher when converted into your local currency. Rest assured, if there is any discrepancy from our side, we want to make sure we get it resolved.
Our team is looking forward to hearing from you.

Mountain Madness Soap Co.

Revised 5 star review to 1 star. I do not know what has happened with Marsello and am honestly dismayed by our recent experience with them. We have been a customer for 3 years and have had a good relationship with them, have been beta testers, and have even been a success story for their marketing department. Yesterday I needed to do some manual account maintenance and discovered that we were locked out of the admin interface because we had exceeded 10,000 customers. In addition, the customer facing rewards interface was no longer working on our web site. We were apparently on some grandfathered plan at $59/month and they randomly decided to do away with that and wanted us to switch to their new "pro" plan based on number of customers. Sure, no problem UNTIL they said our pricing would go from $59 to $559 PER MONTH. An 800% price increase and the hobbling of our installed (and paid for) software is absolutely inexcusable. At this point we were essentially being held hostage until we paid. After getting the same "I know this is a bit of a shock" circular run-around from the support chat person, I asked them to have someone contact me ASAP. Well, I have not heard back from anyone at Marsello and we have customers emailing, calling and messaging about their rewards account. So, today we made the decision to simply dump them and switch to a different rewards application. On the plus side, Marsello made it easy for me to export our customer data along with point balances and I was able to import that into a different reward app that I had up and running in a few hours. Marsello has seemingly gotten too big for their britches. When we first signed up, it was just a loyalty program and did a good job at it. Then, over time, they made it into a customer relationship management software and email and SMS marketing software. Some of their automations are good, such as abandoned cart emails, but for the most part we continued to use it only for loyalty purposes since we have other applications that handle those aspects of our business. Bottom-line: growing eCommerce businesses, watch out for the bait and switch. Despite their response here indicating that there was a resolution, there was not one.

January 12, 2021

Thanks for your detailed feedback. I understand you have been in touch with Jase from our support team. I'm glad to hear we were able to work through this with you – we appreciate you reaching out to us to help reach a resolution. Wishing you all the best for 2021 and beyond.

Surf the Greats

We used Marsello with our ecommerce website for a couple of years and have been happy with the service and the platform. A couple of months ago, they introduced a new pricing scheme and put our account on hold so we couldn't access any of our data until we upgraded our plan. Unfortunately, there was no way for us to upgrade our plan other than contact customer service using their chat. A week went by with one message a day being answered and in the end we weren't able to upgrade our plan ($29 per month) because we had been loyal customers for a long time and our plan had been grandfathered and was being discontinued. Their customer service advised us that they would have to convert our plan to the free version and we would have to sign up again to the pro version which started at $49. A quote was provided based on the number of customers we had which was higher than previously but still realistic considering the company's growth and new added features. Once we were able to upgrade to the pro membership level, our new monthly fee was $299. We were told that we were being charged for 4 sites plus the customer base we had when in fact we've always only had one site. The bottom line is, our account was frozen and forced to upgrade from $29 to $299 a month. We are a small business tried to work with and support another small business, but it's become clear that Marsello has found a way to increase their pricing without taking into consideration the scalability of their longtime customers. Our interaction with their customer service has been nothing but frustrating and we decided to leave the platform and sign up with one of the other several great options available through the app store. It takes a great amount of time and effort to create and nurture a fidelity program. Before choosing one for your business, make sure it's one that will allow you to scale in a fair and realistic way and you are not forced into a plan that is 10x more expensive than what you signed up for—which is what Marsello has done to us.

Local Source E-Market

App has amazing potential. But the customer service that comes with it is shocking. You have to wait at least a day or two to chat with anyone. They will not call or video chat with you. You're literally sending one chat at a time, so problem solving take DAYS! Its been a nightmare.

August 11, 2020

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry, you experienced a delayed response. We are working on expanding our support team to improve this.

I’m happy to hear that Amy from our team was able to help you find where emails were coming from and glad that it was not our app causing it.

LemonadeSky

Downloaded for the free version and literally everything was locked. Even customising the copy on the newsletter signup pop-up was blocked! No automation included whatsoever, literally nothing. What a waste of time, they shouldn't even offer a free version if they're going to block everything. Wouldn't even consider paying for any version of Marsello now because of this.

May 24, 2020

Thanks for your feedback. Our free plan provides the basics for a fully automated loyalty program which a lot of our users love! If you want customization, automated emails, campaigns etc. we are offering 50% off Pro for 3 months at the moment to help during COVID-19.

Haus of Posie

I have 19 days left to use this app and my abandoned cart emails and previous customer points still have not been added to the system - been already a week + now. Basically my trial with Marsello is me finding all the errors which cannot be resolved with 2-3 days.

May 4, 2020

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry you've experienced difficulty getting started. I believe Jase has reached out to you to get you up and running and beginning a fresh new 30-day trial. He will be able to get everything resolved and running smoothly for you!

Fortmens

Does not work for one-off campaigns as keeps sending out the campaign - there is no way of stopping it. No way to edit pre-existing email campaigns. Customer support take a long time to respond with an answer (I've been waiting 2 days to find out why my launch campaign email contained a malicious link input by Marsello).

April 16, 2020

Thanks for following up here. Our support team has been looking into why your https link populated a http link and have been trying to reach out to you.

Freckled Lamb

E-mails don't go out when they are scheduled, which is horrible on a day like Thanksgiving! Interface is nice but e-mails not going out are unacceptable. Really wanted to like this app but that's a complete deal breaker.

December 3, 2019

We're sorry you experienced a delay in your campaign sending. We have reached out to you via email and hope to hear back soon.

La Porte Des Secrets

nul nul nul
ne répond pas au mails
ça marche pas leur application
perdez pas votre temp avec eux !!!!!

June 28, 2019

Thanks for following up here. I believe our Support Team have been replying to your messages and are now waiting on your response to get more details about what you want help with. Hope to hear back from you soon so we can help.

Previous 1