The Shopify App Store will have limited functionality due to scheduled maintenance on December 11 at 3:00pm UTC.
4.7

Merchants highly recommend this print-on-demand app, especially for those launching a clothing brand or selling designs. It's praised for its consistent quality, in-house printing control, and customization options like sleeve prints or private label branding. The platform is user-friendly with easy design upload and product customization. It integrates seamlessly with Shopify for easy online store management. Merchants appreciate its efficient fulfillment and shipping services, and prompt, helpful customer service. The app offers a wide range of customizable products with exceptional print quality.

September 19, 2023

The worst. Had so many problems with Printful. Damaged frames, lost shipments, STEALING MONEY. Yes, you read that right. They use independent print suppliers and sometimes they'll print a shipping label and just pocket the money, won't even ship it. So many quality issues with Printful, and their support tried blaming ME for some of the issues lol. Not that anyone cares, because if you're reading this, you're probably just POS dropshipper anyway, so, you and this app deserve eachother. I bought a printer and cut Printful out of all my operations. I advise you to do the same...

Theory Print Works
12 months using the app
Printful replied September 21, 2023

Hi there!

Thank you for leaving a review.
Please note that most of our products are fulfilled in our facilities where our employees print and process the orders. We are also working with partner facilities on some specific products and locations, however, they were selected based on their quality and we trust our partners.
Since we expect print-ready files, it is the user's responsibility to ensure that the designs uploaded follow our guidelines for the best possible outcome as there are a lot of factors to keep in mind - the inks and techniques we use, the chosen product, the fabric and so on.
We're truly sorry that you were not able to work with us but we do wish success for your business!

February 25, 2023

I have used printful for 3 years and have been very happy to date. Recently however they have updated their app due to a permissions change on shopify and following that update my set up has been broken with products showing as out of stock, orders not syncing and no guidance from printful on how this change needed to be managed. I cant seem to ever get anyone on chat at the moment and the emails back and forth don't seem to appreciate the seriousness of this situation that I am sure others are experiencing.

Gimmie Golf Maps
Almost 3 years using the app
January 5, 2023

First the printing they do is really nice . Shipping is horrible! Support is horrible ! Shipping is never on time. They charger an astronomical amount to ship and it’s almost always late. Support always responds with please allow an additional 10 days ….. they should be more transparent for fullfillment and shipping times. Support is not helpful at all they had me wait recently for almost a month for one item. They refunded me only because I threatened a chargeback and claimed it was because they were truly sorry . The tracking is a joke , they claim they use ups but that is fake. And it’s impossible to actually track anything.

Kreatzilla
4 months using the app
Edited November 10, 2015

Edit on my previous review
There are a few people there that are extremely helpful and extremely nice graphics department is great but it seems like they need some help (like a whole fleet of graphics ppl!). I'm still confused on the business model they make money when people upload proper graphics and sell their shirts, so why charge for a little bit of simple graphics work or go back and forth and impede me from selling shirts (aka Making you money). Seems like they're nickel and diming you on their already extremely steep profit margins. I could understand a charge if I came with a drawing on a napkin but if my illustrator file needs a little tweak help a bro out.
However they do have the largest selection of printable items to choose from and the most solid platform out of the dropship printing services I have seen available in the app store. So choose your poison

Steelie Bros Fly Copmany
Over 9 years using the app
August 2, 2022

A Live customer support option NEEDS to be available. It’s pretty frustrating having to deal with chat or email.

The Unleashed Collection
About 6 years using the app
Printful replied August 2, 2022

Hello!

Thank you for your review. At the moment, we don't offer phone support, but if you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to our support via email or our live chat option and we will be happy to help you as soon as possible.

Edited December 3, 2018

This is the best print on demand company for shopify, but its kind of a shame because it's not very good. I have orders from exactly 7 days ago that have been submitted, and I have been charged for, yet they have not even began fulfillment. In addition to the embarrassingly long fulfillment times, the print quality is not always the best. In a dryer, the designs will fade after only a few washes. I am only using it now because I have no other options. I will switch as soon as I can. One thing I can say is that the app is nice and the UI is far superior than others, however i'm really not satisfied with the company itself.

Ronce
Edited February 22, 2020

I've used Printful for 4 years and while their Shopify integration and online interface is top notch, easy to use and far superior to their competitors, their products and service are a mixed bag. You definitely have to test individual items and stay on top of every order. Some things, like their unframed prints, are great. Other things, like their shirts, are not a quality I could comfortably charge anyone money for. Still others, like hats, are sometimes great, and sometimes bad. Their biggest struggles seem to be customer service and shipping, which have gone drastically downhill in the last year. Customer service, if for anything more than a replacement for a faulty order, often seems to have language issues in understanding details and situations, leading to days of back and forth before getting resolved or given up. Packages often take longer to deliver and seem to disappear for a day or two in the midst of tracking their progress, especially since they have switched to DHL. Orders from California are almost always good, those from North Carolina often seem to have more problems. When an order arrives faulty, they do make it up quickly with a replacement or refund. That said, these are the big guys with tons of customers. They've been around longer than their competitors and aren't going anywhere, but it feels like they keep growing and somehow never get over their growing pains. They aren't awful; they're worth using, but be sure to test each product first, and don't rely on them as your only product source.

OsoPorto
Printful replied February 22, 2020

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback!
The quality of our services and products is very important to us, which is why we're sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been fully positive.
Our platform is constantly evolving and we take your feedback into account while we work on improvements to the services and products we offer.
We do suggest ordering product samples with your designs on them before you offer them in your store, in order to evaluate the product and print quality. This is why we offer monthly sample orders with a 20% discount and free shipping to select destinations.

Be sure to reach out to us at feedback@printful.com, if you have any additional feedback, as well as any questions or concerns!

- Vita

April 25, 2017

Does all of the "table stakes" stuff well -- good visibility to their process and their tools work well enough. However, the more you use it, the more frustrating it becomes. Their customer support feels like it purposely tries to be unavailable. Their phone is never picked up, and messages answered days later. Email support is spotty, and chat is often unavailable (but usually the easiest way to reach someone, "easy" being a relative term with Printful). Their service is buggy, for instance I had a 60 t-shirt bulk order where the unit cost varied by $3.25 PER SHIRT (!!!) depending on how I set up the order, and I still can't get customer support to help me. Long story short, the more you use it, the more you realize they are not set up to make you (the seller) successful -- which is a big no-no when you're the highest priced/premium service in the marketplace.

Tulip Brand
Almost 6 years using the app
Edited September 8, 2015

I've been using printful for the past 3 months with my webstore and they are absolutely amazing. The customer service is top notch, The quality of the product is perfect. The price for products may be a little high however if you want the best quality your going to have to pay for it.

1 Year after using Printful - I'm coming up on a year using this company and I have to say, I've been experiencing what people are saying. Slow turn around time, Low quality printing standards, and sky high printing prices. I would have say about 4-5 months ago I started experiencing these changes. My customers were complaining about defects in clothing products. Printful charges way to much to even make a profit. I would have to say printful is good for when you start your company to see if your products will sell. After that I would recommend finding other print shops if quality, price, and turn around time is your main concern.

Christopher Steven Art
April 15, 2021

Used to be decent quality and quick reliable shipping, now you can't choose where to ship the product from. A customer in the US ordered a t-shirt that was supposed to arrive within a week and for some reason it is shipping from Latvia and is taking a month! I'd rather dropship from China, it won't take that long and will cost much less.

Nation Love
Almost 5 years using the app
Printful replied April 16, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback! We're very sorry your experience using our services hasn't been the best!

Our system automatically routes the order to the fulfillment center that can fulfill the order the most efficiently based on product and stock availability, a destination address, and other factors.
We will route orders to the EU facilities if the product is not available in the US. You can always see where the product is stocked via its product page > availability.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Please feel free to reach us at feedback@printful.com if you have any additional questions or anything else!

- Elina